Tillicum Road, Vancouver Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna try cooking the chick pea indian dish, i'm blanking on its name.

mmmm sometime this week my mom is taking me to indian buffet lunch :drool:

The takeaway place I usually went to last year for lunch makes the most amazing chickpea masala. I wouldn't try cooking it though, the only time I ever tried cooking daal and aloo gobi, I felt so sick I couldn't eat anything with garaamasala for months.

It's just that QUIZNOS' was really chunky cause there was so much damn corn in it.

I just do not like corn chowder, I'm afraid.
the only soup i ever met that i didn't like was my dining hall's pumpkin mushroom soup. pumpkin, i love, pumpkin soup, yum, mushrooms i love, but those things do. not. go.

i mean, then there's boring/bland soups, to which you can just add cayenne or pepper flakes.

my favorite all time might be french onion soup. also the dining hall did a curry-cream-of-cauliflower soup that was good, delicious even, and i hated most everything they did so that's a big compliment.

cold soups are so good too, mmmm yoghurt based, borscht, cucumber soup......

The takeaway place I usually went to last year for lunch makes the most amazing chickpea masala. I wouldn't try cooking it though, the only time I ever tried cooking daal and aloo gobi, I felt so sick I couldn't eat anything with garaamasala for months.

:drool: gobi aloo

:sad: I want Indian food. Curry :drool:

What happen, Ax got drunk and ended up at a sperm bank? Now he's having second thoughts :D

I actually have no idea what this is about... I presume he left his pet fish at a friend's place, but I don't know why he'd do that to begin with.

Now I'm thinkin' of my signature saying "but why did I have the bowl, Bart?! Why did I have the bowl?!".

aloo gobi yes!

and speaking of, garaam masala is a nice addition to lentil soup.

the only soup i ever met that i didn't like was my dining hall's pumpkin mushroom soup. pumpkin, i love, pumpkin soup, yum, mushrooms i love, but those things do. not. go.

i mean, then there's boring/bland soups, to which you can just add cayenne or pepper flakes.

my favorite all time might be french onion soup. also the dining hall did a curry-cream-of-cauliflower soup that was good, delicious even, and i hated most everything they did so that's a big compliment.

cold soups are so good too, mmmm yoghurt based, borscht, cucumber soup......

Unlike Brittany, I am very picky about soup. I really pretty much stick to Potato, Broccoli, and Chicken Noodle.

The biggest plus for working at Quiznos as long as I did was my Indian Bosses, specifically the owners mother, who made the most delicious food. I have no idea what half of the stuff I ate during the time I worked there was, but I LOVED almost all of it.

Sucks that I'm not that hungry/plus I'm poor tonight, otherwise I'd consider getting some Indian food. :drool:

Maybe tomorrow night... mum's coming over, maybe I can squeeze some ducats out of that purse.

:)
I'm jealous.

I used to get Indian often when we were in Hollywood. Now that we're in the land of meat and potatoes, there are few decent places worth going to.

The biggest plus for working at Quiznos as long as I did was my Indian Bosses, specifically the owners mother, who made the most delicious food. I have no idea what half of the stuff I ate during the time I worked there was, but I LOVED almost all of it.
lol i like that you worked at quiznos but fondly remember the indian food.

quiznos isn't bad as those places go though.

you know what i want? mexican. luckily i'm getting some sometime this week with a high school friend.q

lol i like that you worked at quiznos but fondly remember the indian food.

quiznos isn't bad as those places go though.

you know what i want? mexican. luckily i'm getting some sometime this week with a high school friend.q

And my fondest memories of Texas seem to revolve around Mexican food. Funny how I am :lol:.

I love Quiznos, but I got tired of the food by the end of about year one. We're fast approaching the end of year 4.

Unlike Brittany, I am very picky about soup. I really pretty much stick to Potato, Broccoli, and Chicken Noodle.

I think if you start making them yourself, you'll like more kinds.

My mom used to have a soup for dinner almost every night. Pea, different bean soups, different chicken broth soups, vegetable soups. I make some of them........ the ones I liked. And now I experiment a bit with different ingredients when I make them.

Yummm Mexican food, Im getting hungry now.
i'm not hungry but i'm totally in that "i want more yummy tastes in my mouth" phase. which i have been basically since we got home.

we had brunch today with family friends and i had this amazing beef hash with poached eggs and sauce and also a real, horshraddish and oysters and all bloody mary which i loved.

My mom used to have a soup for dinner almost every night. Pea, different bean soups, different chicken broth soups, vegetable soups. I make some of them........ the ones I liked. And now I experiment a bit with different ingredients when I make them.
the beauty of soups and chillis and such is that you really can experiment so easily.

same with stirfries.

the two most common things i cook! i don't like baking or anything that makes you follow directions.

i'm not hungry but i'm totally in that "i want more yummy tastes in my mouth" phase. which i have been basically since we got home.

we had brunch today with family friends and i had this amazing beef hash with poached eggs and sauce and also a real, horshraddish and oysters and all bloody mary which i loved.

We had all American food for dinner... Pizza snacks, fries, and mac&cheese, sounds healthy right? :lol:

See, but I'm also picky about vegetables :lol: pretty much the only ones I like are potatoes and broccoli, hence...

But, I do at least try and give things a chance....usually.

yeah, I would like lots of different types of foods in small portions for a meal. Kinda like grazing :D

I would cook more if someone would clean up the mess :lilaareyoureadingthis?: :)

We had all American food for dinner... Pizza snacks, fries, and mac&cheese, sounds healthy right? :lol:
after that brunch i think i had 3 dinners: at 6:45 mac and cheese with leftover xmas ham in it with the family, at 10 some curry my friend cooked, and then teh split pea soup just now.

the beauty of soups and chillis and such is that you really can experiment so easily.

same with stirfries.

the two most common things i cook! i don't like baking or anything that makes you follow directions.

Ooh, I like stirfries :drool: But I can't seem to come up with a simple flavoring that I like. Any suggestions? :sexywink: LIke a soy sauce something or other, or more of a mexican twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom