Thursday (the band), opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I finally bought their album today. I'd been planning on buying it for quite a while now. It's pretty good. Anyone who likes Sparta, At the Drive In, or any other band like that should like these guys. What are everyone elses opinions?

Fitting that this is the same poster who decided Rolling Stone's year-end list was better than Uncut's ;)

I find Thursday and most of their ilk wholly unlistenable.

So we have slightly different tastes in music outside of U2, who cares? Did you have to act like your tastes are better than mine? Maybe you didnt mean to, no big deal. Have you ever even listened to Thursday's album?

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
So we have slightly different tastes in music outside of U2, who cares? Did you have to act like your tastes are better than mine? Maybe you didnt mean to, no big deal.

Sorry, this was not at all my intent...it was meant very lightly (hence the ;) ) :)

u2popmofo said:
Have you ever even listened to Thursday's album?

Unfortunately, I have. I found it pretty horrendous...only marginally better than Good Charlotte, who I currently find to be the bane of the world's existence :D

edit: though I do like At The Drive In...

Well, that's good. I'm glad you've actually listened to it and made your opinions. It always bothers me when people have some odd opinion off of hearing one or 2 songs. By the way, if you like At the Drive In, check out Sparta if you already havent. Lots of former ATDI members in Sparta.

I downloaded their EP - Five Stories Falling today. It has 4 live songs on it and they sound great live. Good band. I hadnt listened to them for a while, this is making me want to listen to them more often.

Guitar World had them on their top 10 list of best Screamo albums. Thursday - Full Collapse was #5 on their list. I just remembered that.

sparta is touring with bad religion

you mentioned them...that's why i included it....

what do i think? haven't really heard them...

Recommended Thursday songs:

Understanding in a Car Crash
Autobiography of a Nation
Cross Out the Eyes
Standing on the Edge of Summer
Paris in Flames

Back
Top Bottom