Thom Yorke---The Eraser Leaks!!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm shocked by how much leak related info and sharing the mods allow here.

leak.jpg

I really want to hear this, but I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I'm really excited about this album. On the other, I care what Thom thinks about people who download his music. I always feel guilty after I download leaks - in fact, I'm still guilty over the Chili Peppers' leak I downloaded a little while ago.

I think I'll hold out for another eleven days and just play the hell out of Kid A and Amnesiac to compensate. :(

atoms for peace ---I think this is the best song

cymbal rush--- great song, great beat behind it
:drool: :drool:

all in all a KidA's fan dream

GibsonGirl said:

I think I'll hold out for another eleven days and just play the hell out of Kid A and Amnesiac to compensate. :(

Better add another 30 on that...I think the release is July 11th. :wink:

I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I felt the same way with Stadium Arcadium. I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because it's only those artists I truly care about who can bring on the severe download guilt. I always shame myself into buying their albums eventually, as I did this time with the Peppers.

July seems so far away...sweet temptation :sad:

xaviMF22 said:

If you didn't like Kid A or amnesiac this is not the album for you:wink:

hmm...true true.

Kid A has flashes of brilliance.

does the album have songs like Kid A, Idioteque, or The National Anthem?

if it doesn't, then you are correct.

GibsonGirl said:
I really want to hear this, but I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I'm really excited about this album. On the other, I care what Thom thinks about people who download his music. I always feel guilty after I download leaks - in fact, I'm still guilty over the Chili Peppers' leak I downloaded a little while ago.

What does Thom think about people who download his music? I have only done it twice in my life and yes I feel guilty and icky about it, plus I'm too preoccupied right now to enjoy a leaked record anyway so I'll happily wait (especially if Thom wouldn't like me if I downloaded it, lol).

hmm.

it's certainly better than the walkmen's 100 miles off. i'm gutted by how little i like on it. i love the walkmen. :(

not that these two albums are at all comparable.

but still.

cymbal rush is the cats ass, guys.

Well, I downloaded it, whether or not Thomas likes it. I'm still going to buy it so I don't see why it makes a difference.

But after the first listen, I definitely like it. I think it's a really solid album, all around, and at least something to hold us over until a proper Radiohead release.

joyfulgirl said:

What does Thom think about people who download his music? I have only done it twice in my life and yes I feel guilty and icky about it, plus I'm too preoccupied right now to enjoy a leaked record anyway so I'll happily wait (especially if Thom wouldn't like me if I downloaded it, lol).

Well, he hasn't given any specific quotes that I'm aware of, but if I were a recording artist, I probably wouldn't be skipping for joy if someone downloaded my album before it has even hit the shelves. I think regular downloading is okay in moderation because you at least have the option of buying it soon afterwards. With leaks it's different. You're taking their work before they even get the opportunity to sell it to you. Yeah, I know most of us will end up buying it the day it's released anyway because we're big fans, but I always feel bad for artists when their albums get leaked to the internet.

But anyway, I don't mean to get all high and mighty and moral here, I'll probably crack somewhere along the line and download it too. I can't wait to see what people think of it! It's like Kid A and Amnesiac? How so? In terms of the song structure, sounds used, what?

If it truly is like Kid A and Amnesiac then :drool: I want it I need it I've got to have it :drool: But I will wait.

GibsonGirl said:

Well, he hasn't given any specific quotes that I'm aware of

In past interviews Thom has said that he doesn"t mind people downloading, because of how bad music is on the radio.

Anyway Im sure I'll buy a copy when it comes so... I just couldn't resist:wink:

Back
Top Bottom