Thom Yorke---The Eraser Leaks!!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FitzChivalry said:
My $ .02 --

My friend gave me a copy last week. I think the songs are good, but nothing new or ground-breaking.

I love "Atoms for Peace", and I really like his vocal delivery on "Harrowdown Hill". I like when he doesn't do the same vocal style over and over (that's why I love "Wolf At The Door").

Basically, this album is VERY "Kid A", and I was kind of hoping for something different. Not that I don't love "Kid A", but I like my bands/artists to progress from album to album, and this just doesn't seem like much of a progression from "Kid A", which was made how many years ago?

Solid effort. Good songs. Nothing ground breaking.

By the way, my friend swears he hears an Aphex Twin influence on the album, Richard D. James I think is the Aphex Twin guy's name. What does everyone think about that statment? Do you hear Aphex Twin influence?

:up:

nope, not from what I heard. Its some new stuff with and some old stuff that Thom and the band came up with.

However, I do think that a lot of the songs sound like Amnesiac B-Sides

Still can't believe I haven't listened to this yet. I cracked about a week ago and tried to download a torrent, but they've removed them all it seems. I've got a question for you guys because I'm curious - how's the album holding up, now that you've had a few weeks to take it all in?

Oddly enough, I like about half the tracks on here:

Atoms for Peace
Cymbal Rush
The Eraser
Analyse
Black Swan

very similar to me liking half the tracks on Kid A :hmm:

I'm very anxious to hear the new Radiohead material as well.

GibsonGirl said:
Still can't believe I haven't listened to this yet. I cracked about a week ago and tried to download a torrent, but they've removed them all it seems. I've got a question for you guys because I'm curious - how's the album holding up, now that you've had a few weeks to take it all in?

I think its an exellent album... the songs sound somewhat similar to the songs on kid A, Amnesiac or songs backdrifts, the gloaming....etc

this album needs patience and time for it to grow on you...... its not very accessible

At the moment I rate the songs this way

1)The Eraser
Atoms for peace
skip divided
and it rained all night
cymbal rush
Horrowdown hill
black swan
analyse
9)the clock

LemonMacPhisto said:
Oddly enough, I like about half the tracks on here:

Atoms for Peace
Cymbal Rush
The Eraser
Analyse
Black Swan

very similar to me liking half the tracks on Kid A :hmm:

I'm very anxious to hear the new Radiohead material as well.

Just out of curiosity what tracks do you like/dislike on Kid A?

:up: What a great review! I can't wait to get it. I love the one song you sent me, Atoms for Peace.

:hyper:

xaviMF22 said:

At the moment I rate the songs this way

1)The Eraser
Atoms for peace
skip divided
and it rained all night
cymbal rush
Horrowdown hill
black swan
analyse
9)the clock

:ohmy:

:tsk:

:crack: Here's Thom Yorke my friends !!!!!! ;)

Type you send it .com (without spaces, I don't know what the f*** happen with that I can't add the proper link :banghead: at once) and then copy /transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A9FC72801B290176

we hope that you choke :wave:

Every day this week, a mysterious figure will be appearing around London where he’ll be responsible for debuting tracks from Thom Yorke’s new solo album ‘The Eraser’, according to Xfm Online.

The figure will be positioned out and about around London landmarks next week. He has an iPod Shuffle built securely into him, and a pair of headphones coming out of him. Anyone listening to the headphones will be able to hear the new Thom Yorke album ‘The Eraser’ which will playing on repeat on the iPod.

According to out source, the figure will be going to visit ten of the landmarks featured on the album’s artwork - one in the morning and one in the afternoon each day from Monday July 3 to Friday July 7.

In addition, the figure will be accompanied by someone who'll able to answer questions and give information. These ‘associates’ will have all the details about the album’s release and they’ll have details of a special website where people taking pictures of the figure with their cameras and phones can upload their images.

Pretty interesting promotion there.

ok folks..here is Thom's performance on the Henry Rollins Show that he just did. The song is called "The Clock" from his new album.

Just go to this site and the link to the video is on the front page

http://www.greenplastic.com/

Try and catch the show this weekend cuz there is a performance with jonny and nigel as well.:wink:

I saw this photo and it made me think of the great abundance of people here who are big fans of both Radiohead/the Thom record and Pink Floyd:

thomfloyd5cn.jpg

Don't you just love it when things just fit together like this?

inmyplace13 said:
I saw this photo and it made me think of the great abundance of people here who are big fans of both Radiohead/the Thom record and Pink Floyd:

It's kind of weird how much I love Radiohead and how much I dislike Pink Floyd, lol, but I'm probably in the minority.

Can't wait to get The Eraser tomorrow. :hyper:

joyfulgirl said:
It's kind of weird how much I love Radiohead and how much I dislike Pink Floyd, lol, but I'm probably in the minority.

Other than liking two or three PF songs, I pretty much feel the same way. :shrug:

inmyplace13 said:

thomfloyd5cn.jpg

as a fan of both, this is awesome

inmyplace13 said:

thomfloyd5cn.jpg

That's brilliant. I'm imagining it floating between Battersea's smoke stacks and the mental image is extremely wonderful. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom