Thom Yorke calls music industry "retards"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:
Ah the contradictions of life, seeing this thread on the same forum where there were threads 10 pages long congratulating U2 on winning five Grammys a few months ago. :shrug:

:lmao:

blueeyedgirl said:
Ah the contradictions of life, seeing this thread on the same forum where there were threads 10 pages long congratulating U2 on winning five Grammys a few months ago. :shrug:

what are you talking about. other than maybe a couple of people here in this thread, noone gives one small rats ass about the grammys. they're a disgrace to the term "awards ceremony".

there were no congratulations coming from me, that much i can promise you.

Last edited:
intedomine said:

Mikal's really getting to you isn't he.

How dare anyone say anything against Saint Thommy....

uh. no? mikal's a fine lad, i have nothing against him.

your last bit there is cute. what do you think i am, radiohead's very own pleba?

Zoomerang96 said:

uh. no? mikal's a fine lad, i have nothing against him.

your last bit there is cute. what do you think i am, radiohead's very own pleba?

I was just expecting more of a defensive pro-thommy rant, an adequate balance for your anti-chris martin/coldplay rants...

Doesn't anyone else on here find Thommy a little bit of a drama queen?

As much as I love Radiohead, there is nothing inauthentic about singing about something positive and uplifting....so why not try it....it can't all be that bad for a rock and roll star of Thommy's nature. It's not as if the media is as obtrusive as they are for the Gallagher boys, Martin, Bono, and as they were for Cobain and Hutchence.

I read once that one of the most positive and "feel-good" radiohead lyrics was Airbag, which documents the relief one feels when they avoid a car accident.....a little bit sad really...

i think you have me mistaken for someone else. i find coldplay to be a post 2000 u2-lite band, which isn't bad enough to be offensive (they never released anything quite like elevation), but nothing good enough to warrant my attention.

i can't remember going on any coldplay rants.

x&y is better than post 2000 u2. can this be a coldplay thread now?

i don't really care what thom says as long as a new radiohead album comes out this year.

we've got tool, pearl jam, chili peppers, and guster coming already this spring/summer....:drool:

i think Yorke has a point. no-one's saying it's "Daring", that's just putting words into peoples' mouths...i'm just angry someone has to mention 'Arctic Monkeys' again...! :|

blueeyedgirl said:

I think most of the people who were congratulating U2 for their amaaaazing win at the Grammys were more concerned with what "Bono and the lads" looked like.

Elvis Presley said:
Radiohead's Thom Yorke calls the music industry "a bunch of fucking retards" in this week's issue of NME.

He could have at least turned this into a Kafkaesque meditation on modern mass-commerce and alienation. A fucking retard is what you call that dweeby kid in your 7th grade gym class.

I think our "so-called friend" said it best, its not news, however, it does make for good message board fodder now doesnt it. I also agree that the industry is an easy target.

What I am surprised about is not much talking about the Artic Monkeys part of the quote, anyone?

the arctic monkeys pretty much suck, or at the very least, are undeserving of the hype.

i don't think anyone's going to dispute that.

Back
Top Bottom