this one's for the freaks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wooo, more Manics fans have been discovered, may this new found adoration continue...Neon Bible was good, but it didn't have the standouts from Funeral other than No Cars Go.

Neon Bible has been beaten by a few more albums this year in my humble opinion.

This album just plain rocks though, happiest i've ever heard the manics.

The hidden track, Working Class Heroes is also pretty cool, nice way to round up the album.

the only bad thing about this album is that...it's too short.

i want more of this.

autumnsong is infinitely beautiful.

Indian Summer is currently the most beautiful to me, gives the perfect chillout time after the first 3 songs:drool:

You're right though, tis too short, under 40 minutes, the parting is bittersweet:sad:

It is a bit like a cross between Generation Terrorists and Lifeblood:hmm:

LJT said:
Wooo, more Manics fans have been discovered, may this new found adoration continue...

i've heard that inmyplace13 is a huge manics fan.

He didn't seem to curious about the album, we shall see if he is a truce manics fan or not:wink:

LJT said:

It is a bit like a cross between Generation Terrorists and Lifeblood:hmm:

Agreed, definitely the vibe I'm getting.

I love it when Nicky starts singing during 'Your Love Alone'. He's improved as a singer!

I'm kinda saddened by the band's attitude towards the Lifeblood material though - they didn't play anything off that album at their last gig and Nicky's talked about the atmosphere recording that album as being 'freezing cold' but I put it on for a while last night having not heard it for some time and it's got some really strong songs on it.

This album's loads better than KYE though.

:shocked:

I hadn't heard anything about this album, someone please please please send me a link? lemonchick@gmail.com

:hyper:

Another Manics fan reporting :wave:

ETA:

Thanks U2Man! :heart:

Last edited:
U2Man said:

well, mike needs to listen to this if he hasn't already.

neon bible has already been beaten by two albums this year. wilco's sky blue sky and now this.

:ohmy: well the gauntlet has been thrown down. now i'll have to listen to wilco. ya got a link? :wink:
so you don't think brmc stacks up? i'm really diggin' baby81.

^Baby 81 is a great album, but probably only an 8/10, where as Howl is a 9/10...it's another great record by them but Howl was a real magical record I think.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Agreed, definitely the vibe I'm getting.

I love it when Nicky starts singing during 'Your Love Alone'. He's improved as a singer!

I'm kinda saddened by the band's attitude towards the Lifeblood material though - they didn't play anything off that album at their last gig and Nicky's talked about the atmosphere recording that album as being 'freezing cold' but I put it on for a while last night having not heard it for some time and it's got some really strong songs on it.

This album's loads better than KYE though.

I guess some bands need an album that they need to demean in some way, U2 has Pop, the Manics have Lifeblood, even though their views of said albums may be slightly distorted.

Last edited:
it just occurred to me that i would normally regard something like the underdogs as garbage. a bit like the offspring. musically, it's easily the weakest track on the album.

...but the "people like you need to fuck, need to fuck people like me" line saves it. totally.

If "Manic Street Preachers" were in the title of this thread, HeartlandGirl would have been all over it by now. :grumpy:

Anyway, everyone's enthusiasm is making me very excited to get this.

are you saying that seeing who the thread starter is wouldn't make her open the thread instantly? :grumpy:

Am I the only person here who actually paid money for this fine album? Shame on all of you. :angry:

Anyway, being a paying customer of the Manics and all, I just got the album last night. Damn them for not releasing stuff in the States, because importing it takes so long.

This album is fucking incredible--I must agree with you all on that point. I'm shocked that no one has mentioned "Imperial Bodybags" though. Easily my favorite song on the first run through. Autumnsong, I'm Just a Patsy, and Your Love Alone are also incredibly rad. When Nicky sings, I dissolve into a puddle of bliss. Love that man. :heart:

Fantastic rock album, and easily the best of the year so far. God bless the Manics.

you've got great taste, heartlandgirl.

imperial bodybags is fantastic.

It also gets better the more you listen to it:drool:

Anyone know what the next single will be?

^ :up:

It's such a good album. I think you'll like it. :)

[By the way, :shh: I'm sorta kinda dating a guy whose favorite band is Wilco. So...thanks for making me that mix a while back. I've listened to it here and there at various times, so at least I can name a few songs and discuss the band with him. I haven't fallen in love with Wilco just yet, but with his added influence, we shall see what happens. :sexywink: ]

This album is freaking awesome! I like pretty much every song on here! Now I'm gonna be tempted to get either their Hits CD or Everything Must Go.

Zootlesque said:
This album is freaking awesome! I like pretty much every song on here! Now I'm gonna be tempted to get either their Hits CD or Everything Must Go.

forever delayed can be bought at a pretty good price here (around $8). dunno about the u.s.

Personally I find Lifeblood to be very underrated. Some beautifully crafted songs there - 'I Live To Fall Asleep' for example.

The Forever Delayed DVD is a whole barrel of fun, even if the videos are (on the whole) pretty lousy.

start out with forever delayed. then when you've become an addict, get the rest of their stuff. this is your most important music discovery since radiohead, zottles.

You know your a Manic's fan when you start looking for Richey, and noticing people who look like him:shifty:

Forever Delayed is a great starting point, it is where it began for moi, so Zoots go for it!

Yertle is quite correct in Lifeblood being very underrated, though the best song is definitely Solitude Sometimes Is......

Back
Top Bottom