This one goes out to the Testjes I love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

I'm blissfully without a plan today so I'll probably lounge around more, read, continue my pathetic attempts at learning to play the bass, etc...:)

How about you?

I'm stuck at home again because of the trouble here.

:angry:

I was kept entertained last night by drunk folk.

"I am drunk, well I'm not but I don't want you to know that so I figure if I keep talking and talking and talking you'll not notice I am drunk because I am usually quiet when I am drunk"

"I can tell you're drunk, you should really go to bed"

"I know and you had straightened your hair tonight for going out"

:crack:

Another friend texted me from 2 until 6 in the morning because she was stuck at a friends house because there were no taxis taking people home. I woke up this morning with loads of messages on my phone that made less and less sense. The last one was "pe hem mrr2"

the soul waits said:
:lol:

I'm blissfully without a plan today so I'll probably lounge around more, read, continue my pathetic attempts at learning to play the bass, etc...:)

How about you?

Watching the Belgian GP.
Cleaning the house.
Watching 24.

:D

Lara Mullen said:

:hug:
I feel bad for you, Laura. I also read it on the news here, that there's unrest in Belfast. :|

Another friend texted me from 2 until 6 in the morning because she was stuck at a friends house because there were no taxis taking people home. I woke up this morning with loads of messages on my phone that made less and less sense. The last one was "pe hem mrr2"

I want to learn all about the secret code you two have. :D

pe hem mrr2?

IL ove You2?
My Bed Now2?
No THa iku2?

:confused:

Lara Mullen said:

:angry:

I was kept entertained last night by drunk folk.

"I am drunk, well I'm not but I don't want you to know that so I figure if I keep talking and talking and talking you'll not notice I am drunk because I am usually quiet when I am drunk"

"I can tell you're drunk, you should really go to bed"

"I know and you had straightened your hair tonight for going out"

:crack:

That's hilarious, :lol:

I'm sorry that you're stuck at home, be safe :hug:

Popmartijn said:

I feel bad for you, Laura. I also read it on the news here, that there's unrest in Belfast. :|

I want to learn all about the secret code you two have. :D

pe hem mrr2?

IL ove You2?
My Bed Now2?
No THa iku2?

:confused:

It's not so bad if you stay in your house or stay close to it but they blocked the 2 roads we can use when we leave our estate so we couldn't go anywhere once we got to the bottom of the road. Now because we can't go out, I really want to. :lol:

My friend was just really drunk. She doesn't have a secret code while texting me. :D I think it meant she was stuck at the house until tomorrow. She phoned me a while ago to say she's still there now, she doesn't remember sending me messages.

Rono said:
i am depressed, i am on the point to give up :sad:

i guess i need a big pause,....

Wat bedoel je, opgeven? :(

En ja, iedereen heeft op zijn tijd een pauze nodig. Dus als je voelt dat het nodig is, ga dan niet te lang door.

Rene, I know I don't know you well yet, since I'm the junior Testje, so I don't feel well placed to say something really...
Just take time out if you feel you need it and know that we're still there to welcome you back when you feel like it :hug:

:wave: Morning testjes

I have my doctor's appt this morning but I could have stayed in bed much, much longer but everyone else woke me up with their charging around the house and I only had a few hours shut eye. :angry:
I was also kept awake last night until about 3 because of the helicopter whirring overhead again and my Dad getting overly excited at the thought of violence being nearby and kept getting up to look to see where the helicopter was and shouting "Oh, aye, he's here alright, I wonder what's going on tonight!!!". I was going mad with his running commentary echoing along the hall. The grim town was indeed in the news again this morning except nothing exciting happened near our estate.
It will also take me forever to walk to the surgery this morning, it takes me 15 minutes getting to the main road I have to walk along, then there is a very long road that is all uphill to contend with after that. The walk back home involves hill (mountain to Dutch people :wink: ) walking too. I also wanted to go shopping after that, I am still a bit behind on all my Spain shopping (I have exactly a week left to do all of this stuff :uhoh: ) but my Mum has advised against it. She said I'd end up on the bus that was hi-jacked and everyone would have to hand over their posessions and she can't deal with me losing another mobile. :lol: :reject:

Marty, do you work in Belgium?

Belgium was in the news here yesterday because of the flooding.

On Saturday I got a drunken spiel about bad rain in France and that made me think of Marie, does she not post in this Testje?

Lara Mullen said:
:wave: Morning testjes

I have my doctor's appt this morning but I could have stayed in bed much, much longer but everyone else woke me up with their charging around the house and I only had a few hours shut eye. :angry:
I was also kept awake last night until about 3 because of the helicopter whirring overhead again and my Dad getting overly excited at the thought of violence being nearby and kept getting up to look to see where the helicopter was and shouting "Oh, aye, he's here alright, I wonder what's going on tonight!!!". I was going mad with his running commentary echoing along the hall. The grim town was indeed in the news again this morning except nothing exciting happened near our estate.
It will also take me forever to walk to the surgery this morning, it takes me 15 minutes getting to the main road I have to walk along, then there is a very long road that is all uphill to contend with after that. The walk back home involves hill (mountain to Dutch people :wink: ) walking too. I also wanted to go shopping after that, I am still a bit behind on all my Spain shopping (I have exactly a week left to do all of this stuff :uhoh: ) but my Mum has advised against it. She said I'd end up on the bus that was hi-jacked and everyone would have to hand over their posessions and she can't deal with me losing another mobile. :lol: :reject:

LOL.

Lala, your da sounds like a funny man! :D

When are you leaving again? The end of the month?

My Dad gets excited at the whiff of trouble. We don't lead exciting leaves up North. :D

I leave next Wednesday ( at 4am in the morning). Tuesday is my last full day here but that's the day we'll just sleep and do our final checks. It's really close, I still don't believe it though.

After seeing the doctor the only other thing I have to do is buy insurance, which I could do over the phone when I get back. It's really expensive though. I do need trousers though, I have none, but I could buy some new stuff in Spain.

My hair straighteners also seem to be working strangely. They crackle when switched on. A new set isn't on my to do list, I just can't afford them. Hair straighteners are under essential items. :D

Back
Top Bottom