This is the question. Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Apparently this turned up on some piece of assesment on my teacher's uni paper or something years ago.

What the hell do you do with that?

Someone just wrote, "If that was the question, then this is the answer." and walked out.

I don't know what class it was, or if it's even true, but it made us think.

Discuss.

Or use :lock:, whichever you prefer.

There's a legend floating around Melbourne that question was once the only question on a Year 12 philosophy paper, or something like that. I never believed it though.

I've also heard about that question. And that it was in some test in philosophy.

I heard one where the essay test was on any subject, any length but had to impress the teacher. One guy wrote "What is courage? This is courage." and he handed in his paper. :shrug:

An ex-classmate of mine says someone in his school did that.

Smug or scared shitless? I had a friend who wrote about carpet manufacturing instead of answering the question which was set on cotton vs man-made fibre. This was a textiles HSC exam, too. She was shitting herself, but had no choice because she was ill-prepared. She had the choice to leave the section blank or wank on about something unrelated. At least she knew in detail the process of carpet production.
:lol:

I once took a final on a book I had not read. The test was, luckily, half multiple choice and half essay.

I took guesses on the multiple choice part, took all my answers and crafted an essay from them, and hoped for the best.

Got a B+, if memory serves. I say this with no pride, by the way, I always waited for the last minute to study, and in this case, got my books mixed up and read the wrong one for the final. Also, this speaks poorly for my college, that I could pull this off. Still, sort of funny.

I'd probably go on saying something about how interesting it is that this question probably scares many. But maybe we could see a certain type of freedom in not having guidelines.

I had a professor who wrote this huge long essay. It was a class on teaching science in the elementary classroom. It was this long essay about how some little child asks you about something in science class. It was elementary so many knew the correct answer for the little girl. But his point was "science is doing."

After a half page question, all he wanted for an answer was..."I'd tell her, "let's try it out, shall we?" :lol:

I got it right. :D

My husband sailed through English in high school by never once reading the set novels but paying attention to the class discussion and milking opinions from the nerds who got good reactions from the teachers. All you need is the gist. Or something.
:grumpy:

No spoken words said:
I once took a final on a book I had not read. The test was, luckily, half multiple choice and half essay.

I took guesses on the multiple choice part, took all my answers and crafted an essay from them, and hoped for the best.

Got a B+, if memory serves. I say this with no pride, by the way, I always waited for the last minute to study, and in this case, got my books mixed up and read the wrong one for the final. Also, this speaks poorly for my college, that I could pull this off. Still, sort of funny.

We are SJU.

I once got an A- on a ten page paper of a play I never read. I went through and quoted Prince Hal and the Henry parts in the Henriad. I put a bullshit premise, write in a semi-vague but kinda intelligent manner and stuck to my bullshit point. I lost points for mispellings and shit like that. Teacher said I was the only one to get the answer right. THAT is how you rock.

UberBeaver said:

We are SJU.

I once got an A- on a ten page paper of a play I never read. I went through and quoted Prince Hal and the Henry parts in the Henriad. I put a bullshit premise, write in a semi-vague but kinda intelligent manner and stuck to my bullshit point. I lost points for mispellings and shit like that. Teacher said I was the only one to get the answer right. THAT is how you rock.

Was this at SJU or High School? Seriously, we went to college with a lot of fucking morons.

Angela Harlem said:
My husband sailed through English in high school by never once reading the set novels but paying attention to the class discussion and milking opinions from the nerds who got good reactions from the teachers. All you need is the gist. Or something.
:grumpy:

I usually read the books, but I admit to using your hubby's trick when we read books I either found incredibly tedious or just boring. Like Jane Austen. :wink:

Diemen said:

I usually read the books, but I admit to using your hubby's trick when we read books I either found incredibly tedious or just boring. Like Jane Austen. :wink:

:yes:

We had to read Persausion last year for lit. I got three pages in and was bored absolutely shitless. So I just paid attention in class and got an A on the essay :giggle:

I read your post so fast, I swear that for a moment it looked like:

'Apparently this turned up on some piece of ass on my teacher some years ago'

:eyebrow: :wink:

yeah.........anyhow....hmmmmmmm

thing is some questions are asked as a test to see how you can survive in answering, if you can answer it.
check how daft/smart you are.

:madspit:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
an english teacher i had in high school once gave a 10 question pop-quiz. in the instructions it specificly said "do not answer any questions on this quiz. just sit at your desk and pretend that you're working."

75% of the class never read the instructions and failed the quiz. :hi5:

That's class. Love it. :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
an english teacher i had in high school once gave a 10 question pop-quiz. in the instructions it specificly said "do not answer any questions on this quiz. just sit at your desk and pretend that you're working."

75% of the class never read the instructions and failed the quiz. :hi5:

We had the same sort of thing happen on the first day of YEar 7... it was a maths question and we had to read 20 questions and answer them. However question 20 was "do not complete any questions".

Everyone failed.

Back
Top Bottom