This band sucks and I feel sorry for them because

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they need to go ahead and not say "Naptown" every again...."discuss amoungst yourselves"

all this tendency of happy punk (new school punk) sucks, mainly because they want to pretend to be bad and hard guys... :tsk:

Last edited:
Ed Vedder has a hilarious quote about Good Charlotte on on of the PJ boots from this year's tour. (MSG ??- not sure.)

"Without the Buzzcocks we probably would have sounded like Good Charlotte... (crowd boos) "Hey, their ok, they just sound like.... it just sounds like..... it tastes like a popsicle that's been stuck up someone ass!... (crowd laughs) " But hey, some people are into that... who am I to say?.."

Clark W. Griswold said:
Ed Vedder has a hilarious quote about Good Charlotte on on of the PJ boots from this year's tour. (MSG ??- not sure.)

"Without the Buzzcocks we probably would have sounded like Good Charlotte... (crowd boos) "Hey, their ok, they just sound like.... it just sounds like..... it tastes like a popsicle that's been stuck up someone ass!... (crowd laughs) " But hey, some people are into that... who am I to say?.."

Good way to put it :yes:

this is going to be a really odd similie but oh well: music nowadays is like pure sugar candy, people just can't get enough of it and it gives them cavities if they have too much. U2 is like veggies...they're better quality, better for the soul, and though they don't appeal to the masses, those who like them are fullfilled without the bad side effects.

yeah, like haggis, good charolette et. al. are bad enough just hearing about them. you don't need to eat/listen...

people, people its all just harmless music for teens. leave them kids alone. they have this band and the donnas.

this is all happy, have a good time and sometimes teen frustation
music nothing more.

you know what i mean?

shaun vox said:
people, people its all just harmless music for teens. leave them kids alone. they have this band and the donnas.

music nothing more.

you know what i mean?

I do.

Atleast these guys write their own songs and play their own instruments. That's a lot better than most of the other musical 'artists' in the pop world.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I thought they were from Scotland!

*hijacks thread*

recommend me some Real McKenzies stuff

let's see...they did a cool version of 'loch lomond'. and 'dropin like flies', 'heather's bells'...they're last album 'oot & aboot' was hit or miss...'bitch off the money' is pretty good, as i remember, and most of their previous work was better

shaun vox said:

music nothing more.

you know what i mean?

I was listening to U2 and Depeche Mode and some underground shit when I was 14, not crap :no:
So I can't agree.

Bunbury said:

I was listening to U2 and Depeche Mode and some underground shit when I was 14, not crap :no:
So I can't agree.

That's the problem, what is 'crap' is all completely relative. I like U2 and Depeche Mode also, but there are millions of people who would tell me they are complete crap and provide good arguements to prove their cases.

Opeth does rule by the way. :up:

opeth scares me...or maybe it's otep that i'm afraid of. i can't remember. i am confused.

U2andPolitix said:
this is going to be a really odd similie but oh well: music nowadays is like pure sugar candy, people just can't get enough of it and it gives them cavities if they have too much. U2 is like veggies...they're better quality, better for the soul, and though they don't appeal to the masses, those who like them are fullfilled without the bad side effects.
well put

u2popmofo said:

That's the problem, what is 'crap' is all completely relative. I like U2 and Depeche Mode also, but there are millions of people who would tell me they are complete crap and provide good arguements to prove their cases.
That's really true; a very insightful thought

U2andPolitix said:
U2 is like veggies...they're better quality, better for the soul, and though they don't appeal to the masses, those who like them are fullfilled without the bad side effects.

I don't know whether a band that sold and still sells millions of albums and plays huge stadiums can be described as not appealing to the masses, :)

Back
Top Bottom