This album has amazed me for months now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
f253331ded3.jpg

Rubyhorse is the band, Rise is the album. I've had it for months and it's about the best thing I've heard in 2 or 3 years. I can listen to it over and over without tiring of it, and with me that's a serious accomplishment. It one of the last solo's of George Harrison on slide guitar which is cool too.

Is anyone else into them? I haven't heard anyone else talk about them. But honestly if you like U2, get this album as soon as possible...it is quality stuff.

Last edited:
george harrison solo on slide guitar? yes i do need to check this out

sweet :up:

Rise is a GREAT album and Rubyhorse is an excellent band. They are quite the showmen (in a dorky Irishmen way, not a spectacularly arrogant way). The album must have been pushed back for about 3-4 years. You have to admire their persistence because it was definitely worth the wait. It has the best production of any debut album that I have ever heard from a local band (being from Boston I still consider them local). I would definitely recommend the album to any U2 fan. It surely fills the void while waiting for the next album. I'm disappointed that the album hasn't sold better, because it is very well done.

Favorites: Horseless, Happy in the Sunshine, Sparkle, Evergreen, Live through This

I don't care much for the George Harrison collaboration.

I heard about them when they were touring with Flickerstick but didn't ever get to see them live but I sure want to.

Back
Top Bottom