Things you wanted to do but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessBadgirl

Acrobat
What are some of the careers that you wanted to go for in life but never got around to? I wanted to be:

a fashion designer *because I do art pretty well*
Journalist *it's exciting, hard work*
writer *have too much writer's block*
Singer *I have lyrics but no rhythm*
Stand up comic
Violinist *dropped out of the music club*
Video game designer
Computer repairer
Dancer *I only know how to do the robot so far*
Web page designer
Script writer

How about y'all?
smile.gif

------------------
"I hate wearing turtlenecks... it's like a weak guy choking you... all day."

AIM:Fengche

I wanted to be a Police Officer!!!! I remember always seeing the "Recruit" van outside my high school and I used to think to myself, "Hmm, since I'm a girl they'll probably give me like a crosswalk job or desk duty..." I know, completely sexist of me!!!

But to this day at 26 years old, sometimes I still think to myself that I would like to be a cop.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

My list is long. I wanted to be...

Make-Up Artist (Special Effects) *My parents laughed at me*
Actress *may still try, but I doubt it*
Lawyer *can't defend guilty people*
Broadcast Journalist *I wanted to be on TV*
History Professor *too much school*
Writer *no $$*
Police Officer *too scared maybe* dunno
Fashion Designer *unrealistic*
Model *LMFAO*
Concert Pianist *quit piano too young and thought of it seriously too late*
Dancer *until I saw myself on video*
eek.gif

Stock Broker *LMFAO*
International Banker *yeah right, like there's work for women in the Financial Industry high up*
rolleyes.gif

I am sure there are more but that's all I can think of. Now I am aspiring to be a Public Relations representative for a record company or music related corporation... this just might happen!
biggrin.gif

Veterinarian - since I was three. Then when I was a sophomore in high school, I realized I hated chemistry.
smile.gif

History Professor - I couldn't teach to save my life.

Something in music - ha. I'm trying to learn to play the guitar and failing miserably. Also, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Writer - really, really want to do this one, but I suffer from serious writer's block, and I'm too much of a perfectionist. I can't even keep a journal because I end up getting way too stressed/frustrated over what I'm writing.

And that is why I'm completely directionless.
frown.gif

Wow, I've been forced to think about this a lot lately as I'm entering college.

Real Estate Agent: got a job at a company and hated it.

History Teacher: it's still batting around in my mind...but the pay sucks SO bad...

Sound Gaffer: aka my dream job, to put the sounds in for like cartoons and movies.

Journalist: aka my other dream job. Oooeee I'd love to do this.

Politician: yes, something sick deep down in me makes me want to be a Senator.

Bum: yeah, except I'd get bored. And cold. Bored and cold.

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

ok, here's the list i've wanted to pursue at some point in my life (note: some of them are from when i was very young!)....

film director
Greenpeace activist
doctor
actress
photographer
President of the USA (bwahahaha!)
art dealer
art museum director
arts/entertainment public relations

who the heck knows... i still may do one these things! however, President is definitely out- waaaay too many skeletons in my closet!!
wink.gif

the plan for now is to start law school this fall, and hopefully get some much needed education/experience in the arts/entertainment field... then in the future, start out working as a lawyer for either a museum or record/film company. but i definitely don't see myself practicing law for the rest of my life...

so....

biggrin.gif

Some of these are from when I was younger, bear in mind:

-Actress (too shy though)
-Journalist
-Freelance writer (*plan to make this one happen in some way, shape or form
biggrin.gif
)
-have my own show, a la the "Judy Miller Show" lol But instead of being the Queen of France I used to be the Princess of Italia (don't ask).

smile.gif

------------------
Blood and blisters, on my fingers
Chaos rules when we're apart
Watch my temper, I go mental
I'll try to be gentle...

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I wanted to be a Police Officer!!!! I remember always seeing the "Recruit" van outside my high school and I used to think to myself, "Hmm, since I'm a girl they'll probably give me like a crosswalk job or desk duty..." I know, completely sexist of me!!!

But to this day at 26 years old, sometimes I still think to myself that I would like to be a cop.

Growing up I always thought it would be cool to be a cop, detective or private investigator...never seriously enough to do anything about it tho...plus, I'm not physically fit enough to do anything like that. I'm 32 now, I still sometimes think that it would have been cool.

I remember when I was a kid most of my favorite TV shows were either police or detective shows, maybe I just watched too much tv, lol

Another dream job would be an astronaut or work for NASA or JPL.

But I did persue my main dream, which was being an artist. I don't have my dream job...I'm a graphic designer...I'd really love to get more into illustration.

I'd really love to be an artist at NASA, now that would be really cool!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 05-02-2002).]

I remember being little and going grocery shopping with my mom...my favorite part was the check out. I thought being a cashier would be the coolest job ever, now what do I do in life? Yep, I'm a cashier...

I also wanted to be a beautician but after seeing my sylist burn a client's hair out of her head... I kinda shyed away from that. No she's not my stylist anymore.
smile.gif

I also wanted/want to be a cosmetologist (make up artist in case I didn't spell it right). I wanted to model but after seeing Zoolander.. it changed my mind, hehe.

But now I really enjoy cooking, cooking hmm...

Hmmm, well first choice is to dress pple - by this I mean I see a lot of pple try tings on, men and women and I feel like sayin, 'Yes, that looks good on u but how about this colour?'...or 'No i tink that one there would look better, more flattering on u'........I stand in dressing rooms waiting to tell pple this.................though whether it means I gots a good eye or not I no-know..........
biggrin.gif

secondly, wouldla been at the age he was then, so that I could be that age, drama school with Jimmy Nessy in it.....so that we could in todays present world and time, play opposite each other in Moulin Rouge.....
biggrin.gif

I would knock his socks off!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

er....thats all for now then!!!!!!

hmmm...
Police Officer (I'm way too wussy)
Accountant (no idea why but thankfully that phase passed
wink.gif

Stock Broker(way too stressful)
Criminal Pyscologist (couldn't spell pyschologist
smile.gif
)
Interior Designer
Singer/Musician (Enthusiastic but not a lot of talent...still hopeful for this one tho, considering some of the crap out there, I have a chance
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Singer/Actress- A lot of people say I have the talent, but I don't know if I have the chops to handle the lifestyle. Security is really important to me.

oh yeah, I also thought about becoming a meteorologist, I love weather! But I suck at math
icon40.gif

I still love to watch storms, watch weather forecasts on tv, and would love to go storm chasing some day too.

(I just thought about this cuz we might get thunderstorms here tomorrow, and I'm already getting excited!)

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom