Things I miss about the 80's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss my positive outlook I had in the 80's - I was still a dreamer then, REALITY BITES! I miss L.A. Law, Dallas, shoulder pads, 1st run Miami Vice episodes, music still on MTV, and everyone else's big hair, mine's STILL big!!!:giggle:

nightmare on elm street
back to the future
a teasing comb :wink:
the heavenly kid
dirty dancing
slippery when wet (bon jovi)
Benetton

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Hyper-colored shirts.

Remember those? I never had one, but I'm fascinated by this strange fashion trend.

oh god yeah - global hypercolour :laugh:

I never had one either. I could never work out why anyone would want to wear a top that illustrated which points on their body were the hot and sweatiest :eyebrow:

:laugh:

scrunchies

crimping my hair

bangs!

spandex :drool: esp. with oversized t-shirts which you would scrunch into those plastic decorative thingies on your hip (do any girls know what I am talking about? did they have a name)?

slip-n-slides

:lmao:

oh dear. you would all run screaming....it was that in between stage where you are no longer cute but just ackward. Crimped bangs with horrible teeth before I got braces.......:angel:

ahhhh the 80's :drool:

:laugh:

All the old school pics are at my parent's house and it would involve scanning...

I'm not there and I think it's too much effort for now. :wink:

Besides, didn't nearly all girls have crimped hair and bangs in the 80's?!

I don't think I was the only one....:reject:

.......my first REAL crush.....:| ....I truly could not speak when she was around.

I would love to know what happened to her....

New Kids on the Block
Debbie Gibson
Bon Freakin Jovi
Parachute pants
Gel, lots and lots of gel
Feathered hair
Club MTV. (Downtown Julie Brown, Waba, Waba, Waba)
Hammer Time (Can't touch this)
Guns N Roses (Welcome to the Jungle, Paradice City, Sweet Child o Mine)
Dallas (the show)
Dukes of Hazzard
The A Team (I pity da fool)
Eddie Murphy
Prince
Michael Jackson
Madonna (and all da wannabes)
The hair bands

I can go on and on and on....

Boy, the Eighties were so cheesy...

:wink: Hmh...I:heart: The 80's!!! U2! 80's music from Wham 2 Police, Def Lep, MTV, all day, all nite, moving to London by myself, Live-Aid, hair gel and Lots of it( I had a 'thing' for a band called The Alarm:heart: , and they used Lots of it! lol!!)mini skirts, fishnets, piercing my ears-2 more x's, Breakfast Club('don;t u, forget about Me'..my 2nd fave band, simple Minds:heart: !)Dirty Dancing, getting my first car...toyota corolla-RED! traveling..ah, the 80's!!! My early adult life....:heart: :bono:!!! Can't forget JT Bono:drool: :wink:

The Late Show with David Letterman featuring Chris Elliott
Bill Hicks at local comedy clubs in Houston
SCTV
And the whole start of the comedy-club, standup comedy boom.

Back
Top Bottom