they're coming in hard - broken social scene on tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmjhitman

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
tour dates :drool:

Broken Social Scene Line Up Fall American Tour

Time to clink a 12-pack Moosehead toast, as the original Canadian uber-hypesters (sorry Arcade Fire) Broken Social Scene have just announced a Fall tour to coincide with the upcoming release of their next studio LP. The self-titled disc (which features gawd-awful Rainbow Children-esque cover art), the band's third official full length, is set for release on October 4, and the Toronto outfit currently have a mess of supporting dates scheduled throughout October and November-- with opening duties from Canuck indie pinup Leslie Feist (or just Feist if you’re nasty). Passport radio:

10-19 Kingston, Ontario – Grant Hall
10-20 Ottawa, Ontario – Capitol Music Theatre
10-22 Boston, MA - Avalon Ballroom *
10-24 Philadelphia, PA - TLA
10-26 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
10-27 Detroit, MI - Majestic Theatre *
10-28 Chicago, IL - Metro *
10-29 Minneapolis, MN - First Ave. *
10-31 Lawrence, KS - Granada *
11-01 Boulder, CO - Boulder Theatre *
11-03 Austin, TX - Stubb's *
11-04 Dallas, TX - Gypsy Ballroom *
11-08 Los Angeles, CA - Fonda Theatre *
11-09 San Francisco, CA - Grand Ballroom *
11-11 Portland, OR - Roseland Ballroom *
11-12 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
11-13 Vancouver, British Columbia – Commodore Ballroom
11-15 Calgary, Alberta – MacEwan Hall
11-16 Edmonton, Alberta - Reds
11-18 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Rendezvous

* with Feist
october and november are going to be the best 2 months of MY LIFE.

WINNIPEG!!!!!!!!!

nearly two years in between gigs here, i can handle that.

that totally sucks BALLS those that feist isn't gonna be there though. what's up with that?!!?!? screw her solo career, this is deathbear! play for deathbear or don't play at all!!!!!

:angry:

how can i be so angry and happy at the same time!?!?

Zoomerang96 said:
that totally sucks BALLS those that feist isn't gonna be there though. what's up with that?!!?!?
my thoughts exactly.

i meant though not those, and i'm too lazy to edit that post or to even put though and those in quotations.

so yeah.

ooh, arcade fire AND broken social scene

I'm gonna be the guy with the top hat at the BSS concert
I think I'll be naked at AF

Basstrap said:
ooh, arcade fire AND broken social scene

I'm gonna be the guy with the top hat at the BSS concert
:up:

just don't stand in front of me.

feist is also in my area in october.

don't feel like spending the money though.

good times in manitoba.

just saw them here in pittsburgh on the 18th. feist was there, and they even threw in 'anthems for a 17 year old girl'. the show was awesome. just completely awesome. the band was in good spirits and fantastic form.
if you can see them, you owe it to yourself. :drool:

Seeing them Thursday. So good to know Feist is with them.

dudeman said:
just saw them here in pittsburgh on the 18th. feist was there, and they even threw in 'anthems for a 17 year old girl'. the show was awesome. just completely awesome. the band was in good spirits and fantastic form.
if you can see them, you owe it to yourself. :drool:

Did they do "It's All Gonna Break"?

I had the setlist saved in my phone but I deleted it by accident. Shucks. Anyhow it went something like this

KC Accidental
7/4
Fire Eye'd Boy
Cause = Time
..... then a bunch of other songs. I can't remember.

They closed with the extended "It's All Gonna Break." Midway through Kevin jumped into the crowd right in front of me and told this big, tattooed gangbanger looking prick with "vasquez" tattooed across his back to leave or stop starting shit with people (which he was).

Before "Anthems" they brought out Amy, which was a nice surprise. Looking at Lisa all night wasn't a bad thing by any means, but it was cool to have one of the three favorite girls of mine there. Feist was MIA, much to my dismay.

Amy sang "Anthems" and Feist's part in "Almost Crimes." Each time she started a "I told you we'd make it" she fell forward into the audience, and being in the third row I was fortunate enough to have her hand land in mine. So I held hands with Amy Millan for about five seconds. No big thing. She's not the prettiest thing around but I love her anyway. Easily one of the most fun people to watch on stage. She was great when I saw Stars last month, too. She also crowd surfed during "It's All Gonna Break" and went right over me, so there was much more Amy Millan-to-imp13's hands contact.

Fucking great show and great night. Do Make Say Think, the opener, are GREAT. I really want to pick up their album.

Back
Top Bottom