there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone of you know if there are some good tweedy solo shows besides sunken treasure, floating around?

how awesome is black eye, bitches? :drool:

i think wilco is my favourite band currently.

U2Man said:
how awesome is black eye, bitches? :drool:

i think wilco is my favourite band currently.

Funny...on the Sunken Treasure DVD while he's tuning his guitar and getting ready for the next song, someone in the audience shouts out "Black Eye sucks!" Tweedy winces but lets it go and begins "Shot in the Arm." But he keeps screwing it up until finally he stops and says something to the effect that it was the Black Eye comment and "Sir, I'm a human being!" [i.e., with feelings]. Then the next song on the DVD, in a different town, is of course Black Eye.

Tweedy's banter with the audience on any given night is almost as good as the music.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned, you can score lots of good live stuff over on http://bt.viachicago.org/faq.php, the Wilco torrent tracker/forum.

have you guys ever read this, btw.?

We've seen Jeff Tweedy enter rehab, throw up in theaters, and dress homeless chic at Lollapalooza, but nothing could have prepared us for this one.

According to several reader reports, entries made on the Via Chicago and Flaming Lips fan message boards, and an interview with Pat Hagin, managing partner of the concert promotion company and nightclub the Pageant, last night's Wilco show at Springfield, MO's Shrine Mosque got a little out of hand.

According to an anonymous Pitchfork reader, Tweedy punched a rowdy fan in the face about 30 minutes into Wilco's set yesterday evening. "So some dude jumps on the stage," the reader claims. "After he gets on stage (who really does this at a Wilco show?), he runs up to Tweedy to give him a fat smooch on his cheek.

"Tweedy freaks out like the retard from [There's] Something About Mary who doesn't like having his ears touched and grabs the dude by his throat. While clinching to his throat, Jeff hauls off and decks him with a punch/open hand slap/shove to the face and [the] dude skirmishes away. Tweedy later apologizes (sort of) and hurries to the point of the set where they bow out before the encore."

Another show attendee e-mailed us, adding, "Tweedy had to comment. 'I mean, come on guys, we aren't used to that! You guys have to stay down there."

So is this shit for real? Hagin, who was the production manager for the show, gave an official confirmation of the story. Then he explained, "To give you a little background here, I went down from St. Louis to promote the show at the Shrine Mosque in Springfield. And it's not a venue that does a lot of shows. They're nice people and everything but the security was not what we would normally want to see I guess. And I'm not blaming it on them or anything.

"But anyway, we had one incident before--it's one of those old theaters where there are lots of corridors, and somebody got by security. This woman came up and sat by the side of the stage, and we got her off finally, and back out into the crowd. And then right after that happened, this guy came across the front of the stage, and that story [the rough plot of the accounts above] is pretty accurate, I think Jeff just kind of shoved/punched, pushed him out of the way...And I even heard somebody mention on the radio as I was driving back in from Springfield, that Jeff was certainly justified, especially with Dimebag Darrell and that sort of thing. If somebody jumps on stage with you, its one thing if they're off to the side or they look passive, but when they're actually attempting to make themselves part of the show, it's pretty startling.

"This guy [the fan] was an idiot. There's this video of Keith Richards taking his guitar to somebody getting on stage, it wasn't certainly anything like that. But he [Tweedy] certainly has a right and a need in my mind to feel safe onstage...It really wasn't that big of a deal. He was just trying to establish ownership of the stage...There wasn't any hard contact or anything like that. We got him off the stage...There was no harm done, though. No blood or anything like that.

Hagin added, "It was an interesting experience all around." I'll say!

Yeah, that's old news. That was only a couple weeks after I saw them in San Antonio last year.

And for those of you who haven't seen him, you're in for a treat when you finally watch Nels Cline play. The man is unbelievable.

Pat and John were down here last month touring for the new Autumn Defense record. I would have liked to have gone, but I really just don't care for the band much. Would have been cool to meet them and, thus, have met half of Wilco.

The Autumn Defense opened for Wilco when I saw them last year. The scheduled opening act had to pull out at the last minute. I was pretty underwhelmed by them, but they did put together a good set considering it was unscheduled. And if anything, it seemed to make them play even better with Wilco.

U2Man said:
have you guys ever read this, btw.?

He actually talked about it at the show I saw a few weeks ago. I honestly forget what he said but it all made sense from his point-of-view. It came up after he and this guy in the audience were joking around and Tweedy threatened to kick his ass (it was totally in fun) and then decided he shouldn't because somebody would record it with their cell phone and put it on youtube, his worst nightmare. I did see a girl jump up onstage with Wilco a couple of years ago. She appeared from the back and was doing a dumb jig (like the Ashley Simpson SNL jig) for a long time before anyone in the band or security noticed. Afterwards Jeff was just hilarious talking about how he nearly shit his pants because there were no girls in Wilco and suddenly there was this girl and "did everyone see that or was it just me?"

And yeah, Nels Cline is amazing. I swear he has taken Wilco to a whole new level.

joyfulgirl said:

Funny...on the Sunken Treasure DVD while he's tuning his guitar and getting ready for the next song, someone in the audience shouts out "Black Eye sucks!" Tweedy winces but lets it go and begins "Shot in the Arm." But he keeps screwing it up until finally he stops and says something to the effect that it was the Black Eye comment and "Sir, I'm a human being!" [i.e., with feelings]. Then the next song on the DVD, in a different town, is of course Black Eye.

Tweedy's banter with the audience on any given night is almost as good as the music.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned, you can score lots of good live stuff over on http://bt.viachicago.org/faq.php, the Wilco torrent tracker/forum.

thanks for the link.

i've listened to the audio of sunken treasure, so i know about that episode. except - i thought he shouted "white guys suck!" :lmao:

I'll get to it eventually. I'm currently in the middle of my busiest week of the semester so far. :crack:

But I did buy the Sunken Treasure DVD last night. Should be here tomorrow. :drool:

More dates:

04-16 Brisbane, Australia - Tivoli
04-18 Melbourne, Australia - Palais Theatre
04-21 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
04-22 Perth, Australia - Metropolis Freemantle
05-19 Somerset, England - Butlins Minehead (ATP vs. the Fans)
05-20 London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire
05-23 Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
05-24 Berlin, Germany - Kesselhaus
05-25 Hamburg, Germany - Grosse Freiheit
05-26 Dresden, Germany - Alter Schlachthof
05-28 Frankfurt, Germany - Mousonturm
05-29 Paris, France - Bataclan
05-30 Ghent, Belgium - De Vooruit
05-31 Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Paradiso
06-02 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound
06-14-17 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

inmyplace13 said:
More dates:

04-16 Brisbane, Australia - Tivoli
04-18 Melbourne, Australia - Palais Theatre
04-21 Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
04-22 Perth, Australia - Metropolis Freemantle
05-19 Somerset, England - Butlins Minehead (ATP vs. the Fans)
05-20 London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire
05-23 Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
05-24 Berlin, Germany - Kesselhaus
05-25 Hamburg, Germany - Grosse Freiheit
05-26 Dresden, Germany - Alter Schlachthof
05-28 Frankfurt, Germany - Mousonturm
05-29 Paris, France - Bataclan
05-30 Ghent, Belgium - De Vooruit
05-31 Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Paradiso
06-02 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound
06-14-17 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

:(

you guys know three of the songs from the new album leaked, right? ("Either Way", "You Are My Face", and "Walken") The original blog where they were posted removed the links, but they're out there.

I'll wait until the full album leaks to download. I'm not going to piece it together bit by bit. :tsk:

you are my face is beautiful

seriously, lance. you should listen to that one at least.

Last edited:
so is either way. much better than the live version. its got strings, guys :drool:

Man, who am I kidding? I have absolutely no will power when it comes to stuff like this.

Back
Top Bottom