there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoIsMyMuse said:

Too bad that you don't like the new Modest Mouse, GG. They're a completely different band than they used to be when it was just three of them, but I think the new album is far better than Good News for People Who Love Bad News. I may actually buy this one.

I think anything could be better than Good News For People Who Love Bad News. :wink: I don't know, I guess I just prefer the Modest Mouse of old. I'm not a fan of the poppier direction they've taken. Give me The Lonesome Crowded West any day.

Another Wilco album leaked online

By Jonathan Cohen Fri Mar 9, 9:29 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - In what is becoming an unfortunate tradition, Wilco's new album, "Sky Blue Sky," has leaked online, more than two months prior to its May 15 release date.

The group's 2002 album "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" was online for nine months before it was eventually released in stores, and 2004's "A Ghost Is Born" also hit the Internet well before street date. In the latter instance, Wilco fan site http://www.Justafan.org asked fans who had downloaded the album early to donate money to
Doctors Without Borders, a fund which eventually grew to $15,000.

"There's probably some good argument to be made that (the latest online leak) will prevent a few people from buying the record," Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy told Billboard. "But there's also the idea that I believe is true for us, which is, it's people listening to our music."

"We feel very proud of our record and we want people to hear it. Ultimately, that's the goal," he continued. "I think most people will do the right thing and support us and buy the record, even if they have downloaded it."

Added bassist John Stirratt: "Frankly, I would like to have people get a head start on knowing the material before we come to whatever town they live in."

To stem the tide, the group will stream "Sky Blue Sky" from 9 a.m to 9 p.m. ET Sunday on its official Web site (http://www.wilcoworld.net).

"We've always viewed the whole thing as similar to radio," Wilco manager Tony Margherita said. "We were prepared for it to leak as soon as the first advance CD went out. That's just part and parcel of the deal. As with previous records, our plan was and is to give people another way to hear the record besides the download, since these often sound like crap and are a pain in the ass for people who don't have a lot of time or are not super tech-savvy."

Wilco will get busy on the road beginning April 16 in Brisbane, Australia.

Reuters/Billboard

The leak was a result of their streaming of the album, was it not? The only rips out there are directly off their own feed (at least I haven't seen anything of proper quality). How does that constitute a leak?

I'm perplexed.

imp, my guess would be that reuters/billboard/tweedy are all just as confused as we are. people started talking about a leak as soon as the stream was recorded to mp3s and put on the net. there is no proper leak yet.

edit: that said, the latest link i provided does sound like it's in a pretty good quality :hmm:

Last edited:
Speaking of good quality...

It actually leaked today. I'm downloading a VBR copy of it right now. :drool:

I was originally going to wait till May 15 for this one, but a two month advance leak is too much time to deal with.

To make up for it, I'm definitely going to wait for Cassadaga's actual release.

Yeah I'm hearing it too. It's getting pretty irritating.

I still think the quality is better than the webrip though.

yeah, but just a little bit.

this is a rather shitty leak. sounds more like a cleaned version of the web stream.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they announce U.S. tour dates soon. I'm probably only going to have the money to go to a handful of shows this year, and I want to make sure at least one of them is a Wilco show if possible.

It's good to know that the sound quality of the leak isn't great. I'd been considering caving in and downloading it this week, but I'll keep waiting.

Lancemc said:
Anyone (U2Man) have the audio from the Sunken Treasure DVD? I bought the DVD, but I'd like the audio for zee itunes. :wink:

macphistojr@mac.com

Put the DVD into your computer. You can upload the audio on iTunes. Yes you can! Go forth and see!

joyfulgirl said:

Put the DVD into your computer. You can upload the audio on iTunes. Yes you can! Go forth and see!

Worked for me. :drool:

I rock the Sunken Treasure audio often.

Oh wow. That's awesome. One problem though. I get to the quicktime screen telling me to click to download. So I click. It doesn't download. :(

After you clicked download, did you get a screen with songtitles and double click on each one? Or did you not get that screen?

I just saw this was posted as a bulletin from the band's Myspace page:

Greetings friends,

As part of our ongoing effort to rock the homes, offices, dorms, and internet cafes of America and the world -- we're starting another on-demand stream of Sky Blue Sky on Sunday night at 12:01am US Central time and continuing it non-stop for 24 straight hours. Make a note of it.

Also, we've just decided to release a "deluxe version" of SBS that will include a DVD feature film by our good friends and cohorts Brendan Canty and Christoph Green (Sunken Treasure, Burn to Shine). Over the last year or so they've been filming rehearsals, interviews about the record, behind the scenes stuff, etc. and have put together a 48 minute film we're calling "Shake it Off' that we're confident you're gonna dig. Preorder it here.

More tour dates for June (mostly eastern half of North America) will be on the site next week. Be sure to check back.

Peace and have a nice weekend.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the tour dates, and I'm glad I didn't pre-order the album yet, since I'd rather have the deluxe edition. It sounds like they're having a drawing once a week every week until the album comes out, and they're giving away some pretty nice prizes, like their entire back catalogue on vinyl :drool:

i've just decided to go see them in paris in may. i'm very excited!!! (as a bonus, i'll be able to see roland garros as well!).

A handful of U.S. tour dates for June have been announced on their website. I'm definitely going to the Northampton show. I saw them in the same place last summer, a really nice little outdoor venue in the middle of a big park.

JUN-19 ATLANTA, GA CHASTAIN PARK AMPHITHEATRE

JUN-20 CHARLOTTE, NC OVENS AUDITORIUM

JUN-22 RED BANK, NJ COUNT BASIE THEATER

JUN-24 NORTHAMPTON, MA THE PINES

JUN-25 NEW YORK, NY HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

JUN-28 BOSTON, MA BANK OF AMERICA PAVILION

JUN-29 SHELBURNE, VT THE GREEN AT SHELBURNE MUSEUM

JUN-30 TORONTO, ONT MASSEY HALL

I wooed the broads with 'The Thanks I Get' and 'Mountain Bed' tonight. [/exaggeration]

I reckon I converted some new Wilco fans with my merely competent guitar playing/singing.

I'm bumping this thread mainly for Lance. They've added a June 21 date at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in DC. Presale info should be up soon here: http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

We got our tickets in the presale Wednesday for Northampton :hyper: That's my only show so far for this year, but I know it's going to be a good one.

I'm seeing Wilco on June 15th here in Indy :hyper: i'm sooo happy because I've missed Wilco twice - once in Indianapolis, once in Bloomington- so I'm glad I finally caught them :drool:

i didnt even know they were from chicago. no wonder they play so many shows round here. most bands don't.

UberBeaver said:
Tickets went on sale at noon for NYC. I got through at 12:02 and was given the "No tickets match whatever you're looking for" warning. There was one price, Gen Admission only. :mad: GAH!

That usually just means the system is overwhelmed, not that there really aren't tickets. But I'm sorry. :(

They need to add some dates out West. :grumpy:

AtomicBono said:
I'm seeing Wilco on June 15th here in Indy

Maybe we'll see you at the Murat! ;)

I just picked up two tickets tonight (thank God I picked up the Nuvo, or I would have never known).

AND, as always, looking forward to seeing Low open up.

Back
Top Bottom