there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:
whoa Walken is pretty fuckin baller

nice bouncy verse, but then there's some killer guitar in there

Agreed. It's my favorite song so far, and I'm on On And On And On.

The guitar on this album is mindblowing, and easily the best I've ever heard on a Wilco album.

LemonMelon said:

Agreed. It's my favorite song so far, and I'm on On And On And On.

The guitar on this album is mindblowing, and easily the best I've ever heard on a Wilco album.

Yeah I think it's my favourite as well (oh I guess it's called Walkin', which makes sense, on the main site though it said Walken)

I wish I could listen to this album more but I am so tired...but Walkin' deserves another listen

this is definitely a solid album. of course it's no Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and there's nothing that hits me like Wishful Thinking did on A Ghost is Born, but I really like it, and I bet it will grow on me :drool:

And....done.

This record will turn my own mother into a Wilco fan. It's that sweet, fun, and likable. There's nothing wrong with this record. Not one thing (except possibly that it takes time for it to build steam). I love the blusier, jam band sound Wilco has taken on. The guitar work is incredible. The ending was disappointing, but hardly bad. I enjoyed it all thoroughly, and I intend on listening to it many, many more times.

Final score - 8.4/10

Sweet, fun and likable? :hyper:

Sounds like Summerteeth! I've been hoping they'd do something along that vein again!

corianderstem said:

Sounds like Summerteeth! I've been hoping they'd do something along that vein again!

Yeah, it's at least as fun as Summerteeth. Walkin' and I Hate It Here are too buoyant to be denied. :love:

I have to say the nice thing about this record is there's no excessively long songs *coughspiderskidsmokecough*

Either Way is so very sublime :heart:

I really, really like this. Just genuinely likable.

corianderstem said:

It's hardly Summerteeth, mostly because that record was simply Jay Bennett's first solo album. If you want more of that, then just go out and listen to The Magnificent Disaster or either of his other two solo discs.

I suppose that I didn't hate much of anything about Sky Blue Sky but I sure was bored to piss and woefully unsurprised by the whole thing. Not a single memorable track, and not one song that didn't sound undercooked and, frankly, too Tweedy-ish. It's not as A.M.-like as many people were hyping it up to be (thank Christ for that, too...!); rather, it's more of A Ghost is Born, which is anything but a good thing. Again, though, it doesn't suck. It's just kinda...there.

Decent. It'll be the first post-A.M. Wilco album which I won't purchase. I'm glad that I no longer live in Chicago, so that I don't need to see all the disappointed looks in the eyes of my fellow sniffling indie kids. Sad, sad, sad days.

At least we've still got Kanyeezy and The Ponys and Manishevitz, though, right? Them shits's gotta count for something.

Well, I played

Either Way
Impossible Germany
Sky Blue Sky
I Hate It Here
and Walkin'

for my mother, and now she wants to borrow Summerteeth, Yankee Hotel, and my CD-R copy of Sky Blue Sky. :happy: This is how good music gets spread around these days. :D

I listened to Sky Blue Sky yesterday for the first time

I think its an enjoyable set of songs, and I like almost everything, if not everything on it

however with its light and mellow sound, it almost gives me the impression the band didn't push themselves too hard to progress here, and they could be capable of more

U2Man said:
there's a better webrip available now.

better? the quality of the one you provided is pretty good...

I love this album. Impossible Germany is amazing. Not a weak track on this record.

What is up with 2007 and amazingness?

Spiders (Kidsmoke) live is one of the my awesome things I've heard in a long time. :rockon: I hope to god they bring it back for the next tour.

Probably won't happen though. :(

I'm really enjoying the album. :up: It seems like a step back from the sound on A Ghost Is Born, but the songs are good. It seems like they're trying more of a classic rock/70s prog approach on this one. And of course that appeals to me! The bass in a number of songs is very typical of 70s prog rock. It's so nice to hear an "indie" band that doesn't shy away from long guitar solos (ala Impossible Germany.) Or Hammond organs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if big indie fans don't appreciate this one.

Favourite songs, not in order:

Hate It Here
Impossible Germany
On And On And On
Shake It Off (fucking awesome!)
Side With The Seeds
Walkin' (fantastic guitar!)
You Are My Face (very 70s)

It's maybe a bit of a tame record in terms of experimentation (big fans of YHF probably won't like it) and there are one or two songs I don't really care for. However, I'll definitely be buying this one. Not like the new Modest Mouse. :sick:

Last edited:
To keep me entertained while I try to hold out for the official release of this one, I looked up Wilco on Youtube last night. I found two great videos from last year's Lollapalooza, a very cool version of I'm the Man Who Loves You featuring a brass section, and Jesus, etc, which is probably my favorite Wilco tune.

I'm the Man Who Loves You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHnEMdXN_FU

Jesus, etc.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rr-SfmbWG8

Too bad that you don't like the new Modest Mouse, GG. They're a completely different band than they used to be when it was just three of them, but I think the new album is far better than Good News for People Who Love Bad News. I may actually buy this one.

Back
Top Bottom