There has never been a cooler weapon than the light saber.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to light someone's cigarette with one.

"Hey do you have a light?"

:imitates light sabe sound:

And then cut a hole in the floor, drop down and scurry away.

Hahahahaha I love it! I'd love to see you light someone's cig with a light saber....that would be hysterical! AND it would scare the crap out of people! :wink:

Actually, a real working lightsaber can be made, but the only problem is, once you get the plasma beam, there is a problem, cause it has to be in a tube to control the length, or else the beam of light can go on and on, kinda like a lazer light. But Im sure some Star Wars geek thats working at a gas and power company is spending his lunch breaks working on this.

<:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}||||o|||||{

DeadMansParty said:
Actually, a real working lightsaber can be made, but the only problem is, once you get the plasma beam, there is a problem, cause it has to be in a tube to control the length, or else the beam of light can go on and on, kinda like a lazer light. But Im sure some Star Wars geek thats working at a gas and power company is spending his lunch breaks working on this.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

nbcrusader said:
Were you in that video clip that circulated the net a couple years back...?

oh God I saw that video :lol: I wish I could upload it for the rest to see but I can't find it...

DeadMansParty said:
But Im sure some Star Wars geek thats working at a gas and power company is spending his lunch breaks working on this.

you mean you, right?

DeadMansParty said:

:nerd: I have actually given that some thought. A "cap" could contain the length of the beam. If the light can push the cap up, and it is connected to central pole of some kind, it can reach the required length and be totally badass.

:help:

The important thing is whether you can use the force to switch on the other guy's lightsabre when it's still attached to his belt.

Hell, that'd be funny.

Or if you used the force to pull the other guy's shorts down. High-liarious, I tell you!

UberBeaver said:

:nerd: I have actually given that some thought. A "cap" could contain the length of the beam. If the light can push the cap up, and it is connected to central pole of some kind, it can reach the required length and be totally badass.

:help:

sounds interesting, but how will the pole fit inside of the hilt for the length desired?

DeadMansParty said:

sounds interesting, but how will the pole fit inside of the hilt for the length desired?

You know how an antenna "slides" into itself? Like that. And the force of the light would push it up, thus leading to the desired length, which I estimate to be about 3 feet ot so. And then he or she that weilds said lightsaber would just kick much ass. That make sense?

i had one growing up......the plastic kind, not one that could light cigarettes and chop down trees and scare old ladies

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age :yes:

Now I know that there are efforts to contain plasma with magnetic fields for fusion reactors, this is called magnetic confinement.

Carek1230 said:
Do the light sabers come in different colors?

From my recolection of the star wars movies that came out in the early 1980s was that the good guys had green ones and the bad guys had red ones

Numb1075 said:

From my recolection of the star wars movies that came out in the early 1980s was that the good guys had green ones and the bad guys had red ones

Actually, they come in a variety of colors. Red, blue, green, yellow and purple to name a few. And they all kick ass, regardless of color. Like people.

I will take a blaster anyday over that oldfashioned jedi-nonsense!

I am sort of in the Han Solo camp!

Back
Top Bottom