The Young Ones!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
CLIFF
(from Demolition)

Oh, Cliff
Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if
You really are a Cliff
When fascists keep trying to push you over it
Are they the lemmings?
Or are you Cliff?
Or are you, Cliff?

[Rick messes up the last line, and has to repeat it with the correct
emphasis.
Wanker]

--------------------------------------------

NEIL
(from Demolition)

What are you doing, Neil?
To make a meal, Neil? (it's surreal)
From totalitarian vegetables.
How much does it cost, Neil...?

HOUSE
(from Demolition)

House, house, house
Oh, you are made of stone
But you are not alone-
-ly house!

POLLUTION
(from Bomb)

[First, an extreme close-up of Rick squeezing a spot/boil/pimple]

Pollution
All around
Sometimes up
And sometimes down
But always around.
Pollution, are you coming to my town?
Or am I coming to yours?
We're on different buses, pollution
But we're both using petrol.

FREE-FORM
(from Flood)

Marrow
Meringue
Boomerang
Long, blue boomerang...

THE PEOPLE'S POEM
(from Flood)

What do you think you're doing, pig?
Do you really give a fig, pig?
And what's your favourite sort of gig, pig?
Barry Manilow
Or the black and white minstrel show?

NEIL
(from Sick)

Oh Neil!
Neil!
Orange peel!

RICK'S TEEN ANGUISH POEM
(from Bachelor Boys: The Young Ones Book)

oh god,
why
am I so much more sensitive than everybody else ?
why
do I feel things so much more acutely than them,
and understand so much more.
I bet I'm the first person who's ever felt as rotten as this.
could it be
that I'm going to grow up
to be a great poet and thinker, and all those other wankers in my
class are going to have to work in factories or go on the dole?
yes, I think it could.

RICK'S TROTSKY POEM
(from Bachelor Boys:The Young Ones Book)

Today, I saw a dog,
Yes, a dog.
Talking to a pig,
Yes, a pig.
They were on the pavement,
Discussing Trotsky.
Not brotsky or crotsky or drotsky or frotsky.
But Trotsky.

LMAO, thnx Cal!

I think I just nailed my knees to the table.
- Mike....When They Thought Their House Was Haunted

I wonder how many lentils i've ever eaten?
- Neil

First we sow the seed, nature grows the seed and then we eat the seed.
- Neil

How many people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, me, 'cause I'm the only one that does anything around here anyway!
- Neil

I baked a cake because it's my birthday and I'm having a party and you're all invited because you're my friends or you just pretend to be my friends... Well, you don't even pretend to be my friends, in fact you all hate me but it's my birthday and I'm having a party and I've baked a cake and....
- Neil

"Open up guys! It?s the pigs!"
- Neil (When He Was A Policeman)

Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear.
- Neil's Message

You have brought shame on your family, Neil. I daren't show my face at Lady Fanshaw's bridge evenings, now that you've taken up with these television people. I mean, what kind of monsters are you?! I mean, The Young Ones. Well, it all sounds very good, doesn't it? But just look around you. There's trash! [smashes a chair to splinters] I mean, even, even Triangle has better furniture than you do!
- Neil's Mum

your a spade..(looks at spade) I always call him that.
- Niel

How would you like to have sex for money....no no no, you pay me.
- Rick

I've just seen the most amazing thing in the garden! Neil biffed himself in the face with a frying pan!
- Rick

Ha,ha. Missed both my legs.
- Rick

That's just typical of you, Vyvyan! The house is under fifty feet of water and what do you do, build a submarine! [thinks] There's, um, no room for me in there, is there?
- Rick

We NEVER clean the toilet, Neil! That's what being a student is all about! No way, Harpic! No way, Dot! All that Blue Loo scene is for squares. One thing's for sure, Neil. When Cliff Richard wrote "Wired for Sound", no way was he sitting on a clean lavatory! He was living on the limit, just like me. Where the only place to put bleach is in your hair!
- Rick

All right. Now, shut up. [pause] Come on, get up Neil, there's a lot of work to be done. Neil? Neil?! [bends over, feels the body] Oh, God! Oh, God, I've killed a hippie! I've killed a hippie, and now I'll have to pay. Oh, God. Vyvyan's bound to tell on me, and I'll get sent to prison and raped in the shower by Mr. Big who's in with the warders. Oh! Burn the corpse! Burn the corpse. [tries to light Neil, but he won't catch fire] Burn! Burn! Oh, trust Neil to be all soggy! Burn!
- Rick

"Neil... Are these lentils South African? I'm not going to pay good money to eat black men!"
- Rick

That's just typical! Five minutes before the most important party of my life and the house is destroyed by a giant sandwich.
- Rick

Voice of youth?! They're still wearing flared trousers!
- Rick

Hands up, who likes me?
- Rick A.K.A Rik

I suppose you think it's pretty weird, don't you Mike? Well, you'd be right. Because THAT's the kind of guy I am, right! WEIRD! Which is why I go over people's heads...a bit like a aeroplane! You think I'm an aeroplane, don't you, Mike? Well, I'm not!
- Rik

I told you a million times, do not exaggerate.
- Rik

"Darling Carrot, do you think you could ever love a cripple?" "No, I don't think so."
- Rotting Vegetables In The Sink

"Every morning I take a good poo before I get out of bed."
- Vivian

Neil, are you going to make me dinner or am I going to have to kick your teeth in?
- Vivian

Vivien, Vivien, Vivien. Every time something blows up in this house its always bloody Vivien.
- Vivien

Oh dear. This calls for a very special blend of psychology ... and EXTREME VIOLENCE.
- Vyvian

There's an atom bomb in front of the refrigerator.
- Vyvyan

Listen! If we don't smash the house up, the council are gonna demolish it, tomorrow!
- Vyvyan

god, how much I loved that show
actually I still love it
even the re-runs are more interesting then anything else on television

young ones rule

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

well there's a funny thing. after hearing a Rick poem beautifully recited in the chat room
smile.gif
I turned on my friend the TV
biggrin.gif
and there was Ben Elton, being interviewed by parkinson. He was genuinely excited and proud to talk about We Will Rock You,the Queen musical he has just written.I would love to see it. I just came on line and found a pic in an email of Roger Taylor, Bryan May, Ben Elton and Robert de Niro (he owns the production company). Mr de Niro is holding Bryan's red guitar, a rather historic instrument.Hey Mr de Niro, i'm talking to you, careful with that guitar! The play opens in London in May, may they make a video of it, Bryan May rocks imho, so does freddie, so does ben elton.
and then I come here and find this
rotfl

guys guys....

Zone,

You may be lucky enough to find some tapes at a specialty video store. We have this great store in Seattle called Scarecrow video and they have a whole section on Britsish television. That was where I was able to find and rent the first Young Ones episodes I had seen since the old MTV days. I want to go back and rent some more now.

Neil was always my favorite. This one brought back memories, ang:

Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear.
- Neil's Message

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

the young Ones was very funny, Bottom is even funnier, the Gas Man sketch from Bottom is is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Rik Mayall is my favorite comic actor, some of the expressions he pulls are hilarious.

Im off now to engage in my favorite hobby of bus surfing
wink.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I miss the reruns here in the states too... That show is just hilarous, I love the "hands up, who likes me?" one with Rick
biggrin.gif

I was able to buy some tapes of the shows on Amazon.com!!

Such a great show!!!! I finally got some episodes off of ebay a while back. We covered the young ones in my british sitcom class I took last spring--that class was so fun.

Oi!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:

"Every morning I take a good poo before I get out of bed."
- Vivian

Neil, are you going to make me dinner or am I going to have to kick your teeth in?
- Vivian

Vivien, Vivien, Vivien. Every time something blows up in this house its always bloody Vivien.
- Vivien

Oh dear. This calls for a very special blend of psychology ... and EXTREME VIOLENCE.
- Vyvian

There's an atom bomb in front of the refrigerator.
- Vyvyan

Listen! If we don't smash the house up, the council are gonna demolish it, tomorrow!
- Vyvyan

I love Vyv, hehehe...

Back
Top Bottom