The worst trade in NBA history...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
philly is in a GREAT spot right now.

headache. Did you see the game Philly vs. Sacramento? Webber spent all friggin game outside! If I were a Philly fan, I'd be worried Webber would slow them down on offense.

Keep in mind again, as it has been said over and over again. Cuttino, Bibby, Peja, and Miller can score. Also, keep in mind that Kenny Thomas was getting 13 pts and 10 boards a game last year. He doesn't need to score like Webber. If he gets 12 rebounds in games like he did tonight against the Celtics, he does his job. And Corliss was the 6th man of the Pistons...the NBA Champs last year...Depth is key in the west.

Last edited:
as a philly fan, i'd be happy i'm not a knick fan.

i said philly was in a GREAT spot. and i stand by that. they are. needless to say, i'm making this assumption based on Allen Iverson's assertions that all he needed was another star with him and he'd stop shooting 50 times a game and play a more team game. So yes, there is a good chance that this move won't work, but... it should work. If it doesn't work, it's their own damned fault.

bruce ratner, the majority owner of the nets and the guy who's bringing them to brooklyn, is on WFAN right now. isiah thomas was on just before him.

right now, i want to be a nets fan.

what a breath of fresh air. a guy who's talking about the fans. a guy who owns a team and actually shows up in person to talk to a sports radio show. he was asked about what happened with kenyon martin, and he answered bluntly... he said he took some bad advice from some minority owners that scrapping the team would be a good idea. he later regretted it, bought out those minority owners, and traded for vince carter. now that is how a team should be run.

unlike isiah... who refused to say he did anything wrong, and just kept saying that he has a plan.

Last edited:
Allen Iverson's assertions that all he needed was another star with him and he'd stop shooting 50 times a game and play a more team game.
And true to his word, Iverson dropped 20 shots off his normal game, only hoisting 30 shots last night.

yea... now we know why iverson wanted someone else. one less person to double team him, easier to take 40 shots a game that way.

He actually said that....at one point whoever has the hot hand will be doubled and leave room for the other.

AI took a mere 28 shots last night.
Philly's 1-3 since the Webber deal.
Celts are 3-0 since reaquiring 'Toine (including a win in Phoenix) and may have the Glove back in the fold tomorrow if all goes well.

and they're doing it in the loverly Hewson Headache Center :up:

fleet.jpg

I live in Sac, so I got to see C-Webb play ALOT and I find it funny to see basketball fans around the country comment on how the Kings got ripped off and how Chris has such awesome stats. On paper, it's true that Webber has put up good numbers this year and I loved having him on our team, BUT numbers don't tell the whole story. When Philly fans have seen a rebound go over Webb's arms because he can't elevate a few times they'll know why the Kings traded him for a few "scrubs". He isn't the player he once was and many times his feeble knee has hurt the team since he came back last year. Additionally, C-Webb is a player now who 90% of the time plays from the outside instead of in the paint where you want a 6'10" power forward to be. Finally, I can't put a finger on it, but Webb seems to have lost the fire that he once had a few years back.

As much as I like Webber, I'm glad to see the Kings get out from under his $20 million a year contract.....a dollar figure he no longer deserves.

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
March 8, 2005

AP - Mar 8, 10:02 pm EST
More Photos

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- There was Chris Webber sitting on the bench, boos serenading Philadelphia's impact player and the Sixers trailing by double digits to woeful Golden State.

This was not what Webber and the Sixers expected not even two weeks ago when his acquisition was supposed to take them from the fringe of the playoffs to Eastern Conference contenders.

Thanks again for taking C-Webb off of our hands Philly ....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom