The Worst Thing I Have Ever Heard In All My Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
...yes, it even beats Train. I was watching Much More Music today (the Canadian equivalent of VH1, for those interested) and I heard a familiar opening sequence...it stopped abruptly, though, so I paid no notice. The artist's name, Pras Michel (he used to be in The Fugees), came up on the screen, along with the title - "Haven't Found." From the looks of it, it was going to be a hip hop/rap song, so I got ready to change the channel. But then I heard that bassline that all of us know so well. Mildly shocked, I decided to sit through it. And became more repulsed by the second. This Pras Michel managed to turn "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" into the shittiest rap song ever. The chorus is still there and most of the musical structure of the song is unchanged...but the verses! Oh sweet Lord, the verses...it almost made me want to cry.

Listen to this atrocity for yourself: http://www.musicremedy.com/audio/2997

Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of people cover U2. But this is a prime example of a cover gone extremely wrong.

i know what ya mean

like when vanilla ice used under pressure
and then claimed he used something different..what a fool

i m listening to it now...its got a gospel spin...(w hich it always had anyway, ofcourse) its not so bad...
i bet bono likes it

Last edited:
..... as he releases his second, full-length work as a solo artist, the fatefully titled Win, Lose or Draw. “It’s a second chapter in the sense of the public eye,” he muses. “But in my mind and heart it’s more about continuation and growth. In life we try to grow and better ourselves. As an artist, I feel like I’ve grown tremendously. I feel I’m a little bit more comfortable in my skin now than I was, say, ten, even five years ago.”

All this talk about growth, and all he does is take other's work and manipulate that.

carrieluvv said:
i know what ya mean

like when vanilla ice used under pressure
and then claimed he used something different..what a fool

i m listening to it now...its got a gospel spin...(w hich it always had anyway, ofcourse) its not so bad...
i bet bono likes it

But Bono likes Destiny's Child, so he's not to be trusted. :wink:

Anyway, the chorus isn't so bad (partly because it's almost identical to the original), but everything else about it makes me cringe. Rap and U2 just don't agree with one another.

Angela Harlem said:

All this talk about growth, and all he does is take other's work and manipulate that.

Indeed. And it looks like "Haven't Found" is the first single from his album... That's not exactly what I would call "continuation." If you're a growing artist, you release your OWN material. Unless he means "continuation" in the sense of his continued slaying of other artist's music, because that's something he's good at. Remember how the Fugees had a hit with "Killing Me Softly"? It's the only song by them that I'm familiar with, and it's a cover. :|

you obviously haven't heard the Dears live in concert then. Or maybe you have, they are Canadian. Still........*shudder*

Angela Harlem said:

But that's the nature of rap. It's all sampling. Locate DJ Danger Mouse's "The Grey Album," which illegally mixed the lyrics of Jay-Z's "The Black Album" with music off of "The White Album." Now that's an interesting album to hear.

I have no issues with Pras sampling off of U2 here. This song, in itself, is fairly lackluster, radio-friendly fare. That's my issue. There's much better rap out there, but I'm sure this song was designed to be nothing more than radio-friendly and addictive sounding. In that regard, it works.

Melon

they're the same thing!!! THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao:

do you beliiiieve in life after love (after love.. after love.. after love....)

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

:lmao:

do you beliiiieve in life after love (after love.. after love.. after love....)

Oh great. Now I have that awful song in my head. Haha.

GibsonGirl said:
...yes, it even beats Train.

Which reminds me...

My boyfriend and I were out to each with a bunch of people the other night, and Train's "Drops Of Jupiter" came on. One of the girls asked, "Is this a U2 song?"

:sad: :mad: :lol:

GibsonGirl said:
. I was watching Much More Music today (the Canadian equivalent of VH1, for those interested) and I heard a familiar opening sequence...it stopped abruptly, though, so I paid no notice. The artist's name, Pras Michel (he used to be in The Fugees), came up on the screen, along with the title - "Haven't Found." From the looks of it, it was going to be a hip hop/rap song, so I got ready to change the channel. But then I heard that bassline that all of us know so well. Mildly shocked, I decided to sit through it. And became more repulsed by the second. This Pras Michel managed to turn "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" into the shittiest rap song ever. ]

I think we were watch MMM at the same time. I was sitting there and then the chorus came on and my eyes widened and completely dilated according to my brother.

:huh:

My ears are bleeding.

Oh, goodness, this is sickeningly bad.

not quite as bad as that all-saints cover of the Chili Peppers' "Under The Bridge"

It's certainly not good, but it's not quite as bad as you think.

I read a story about this where Pras said he just called Bono up and asked if he could use the song, and they talked for a bit, and that Bono said he could go ahead and use it if that's what he wanted.

So he's not stealing it, if that makes anyone feel better.

That song was HORRIBLE!!!!! It is very very very true that rap and U2 do NOT mix! Plus...I now have that Cher song in my head HAHAHAHa

Back
Top Bottom