the worst of times - like the best... are always passing away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
here im allowed everything all of the time.

i live in a town, where the wind blows hard, the rain harder, and exceptions are the rule.

it's a good day when one can make it from bed and back to bed without having too much happening in between.

have a great day, she said. thanks, you too. i'm looking forward to hearing from you again... yes, likewise. the pleasure has been mine.

beat writing, meat grinding, and stomach vomiting. can't get enough of that sugar crisp...

lets play the rest of this post in 5/4 time.

tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh

roll call of death
are you ready for the rest?
here we go
ready set

... the consolation of philosophy
it's my belief that italy is a wheel
inconsistency is my very essence, says the wheel
rise up on my spokes if you like
but don't complain when you crash back down to the depths

the good times pass away
but they soldiered about
the debility is our tragedy - but it's also our hope!
the worst of times like the best... are always passing away

Actually that quote was spake by Christopher Ecclestone as a bum in 24 Hour Party People, as Tony Wilson (Steve Coogan) walked past.

The wheel turns and what goes up must come down, and vice versa.

"Yeah, I know."

ah! please share the real thing... i know i'm way off but i didn't think anyone would have a bloody clue what i was talking about.

i'm dying to hear how it really goes...

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

there you have it.

this thread was brilliant. full marks to me.

Zoomerang96 said:
It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Jesus take the wheel.

At certain points in our lives we realise that the storm may never pass and it's only a question of learning to dance in the rain. I remember as a child I'd lay on the ground and let the rain make love to me. We were best of friends. It was a rebellion. It was frowned upon by my parents. We would spend hours together wrapped up within the hospitable smell of mother nature's bosom. I don't know at what point we lost touch with eachother. Days now are jaded like autumn leaves who once flourished and I no longer feel that we can be together. Maybe I changed. Maybe it has always been the same and I just never realised. Pass the salt....

where do you think the game 'wheel of fortune' comes from?

exactly.

EXACTLY!!!!

... so don't complain when you crash back down to the depths!!!

the worst of times - like the best, are always passing away.

Back
Top Bottom