The Worst Album Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
This month Q is listing the 50 Worst Albums of All Time, with Duran Duran's "Thank You" taking top honors. Each member of the staff also shared their personal picks in the masthead. So what do you think is the worst album ever?

Because I've been reviewing CDs for a while, doing it for mostly smaller publications, I've come across a lot of CDs that are absolute crap but have been heard by very few people (luckily). As far as mainstream CDs, though, I think I'd have to pick Britney Spears "Baby One More Time." Aside from the singles, which aren't even that good, the songs on the album are dismal and nearly impossible to listen to. Of course K-Fed and Paris Hilton are coming out with albums soon that could make "Baby One More Time" sound like "Abbey Road."

Though I love her terrinly, I think Gwen's "Love Angel Music Baby" is so bad as an album. The individual songs are great but don't work strung together. There's nothing cohesive about the style, voice or message of anything from LAMB and I think you need all of those things to make a great album. I'm so glad she didn't get Album of the Year at the Grammys because of everything nominated, hers was the only one that can't be called an album, it's more a collection of songs.

I'll come up with a non-cliched answer at some other time, but for now....

The worst album which I have ever personally heard from start to finish is easily Metal Machine Music. It is just as bad as Lester Bangs said it was, if not worse.

Again, I know that's a cop-out, but whatever. At least I've heard the fucker and own two copies of it, somehow. Sigh...

susanp6 said:
:mad: ^that is nowhere near near the worst album ever :no:

:wink: Just kidding. I love Pop.

But seriously, probably that Jay-Z Linkin Park mash-up album. Just thinking about it makes my stomach churn. :barf:

I would venture to say most albums that top the charts these days.. Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, etc, etc.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
There are a few in my collection that the liner notes could double as kitty litter and the CDs themselves be used as coasters. :hmm:

It's hard for me to believe that so much time has gone by, but I guess I've been using Modest Mouse's Good News for People Who Love Bad Music as a coaster for two years, now.

How the times flies...

Oh, and also as a frisbee. I guess, then, that the CD also flies, in a way.

what about for skeet shooting?

horrible CDs are great for skeet shooting :drool:

Do people ever end up accidentally buying an album they hate or think is crap these days? Since the internet allows people to sample music so much more before they actually make a purchase...bad albums just won't sell at all?

I remember listening to some Spanish girl groups album...it was pretty bad:wink:

Not sure why the hell I was listening to it though:hmm:

As I have dubbed Khia's My Neck, My Back as the worst song ever, whatever album contained it is by default the worst ever. Every single other track could be of the quality of Where The Streets Have No Name and it still wouldn't be enough to save that album.

If you shout... said:

It's hard for me to believe that so much time has gone by, but I guess I've been using Modest Mouse's Good News for People Who Love Bad Music as a coaster for two years, now.

That's funny and sad....but mostly sad :sad: Your drinks should consider themselves honoured to rest on such brilliance. (It's actually one of my favourite albums...but it may be too quirky for some.)

The worst I've heard? It just might be the Canadian Idol album. I was forced to listen to it during a road-trip last summer...bad...very bad.

My mom has this compilation of Neil Diamond covering some really syrupy songs, like "My Heart Will Go On" that she's always playing in her car. I'm not sure what this CD is called, but it's pretty bad. I'm sure there's worse CDs out there, but I'm pretty good at avoiding hearing crappy albums in their entirety.

Ja Rule - Pain Is Love

i went through a brief hip-hop phase when i was about 16 and this was one of my purchases.

From his annoying voice to the whole glorification of 'gangsta culture' to the Stevie Wonder rip off on one of the songs, words cannot describe how bad this album truly is.

I actually own Duran Duran's Thank You, their version of Perfect Day is gorgeous(even Lou Reed said it's amazing), and their cover of 911 is a Joke, is absolutely hilarious...

There are so many, just think of the 90's and all the Rico Suaves, Snows, Vanilla Ices, and C+C Music Factorys we had...

Canadiens1160 said:

[/IMG][/URL]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

rattle & hum - what were you thinking? :no:

My pick - The Best of Tom Jones (can he have a 'best'?). On the album: Detroit City, Delilah, Thunderball, and ..... She's a Lady.

Last edited:
Those are certainly some of the worst album covers ever, but can you really claim they're the worst albums? Twenty bucks says you've never heard one song off any of them. (Rattle and Hum excepted.) :wink:

Worst albums ever:

1.Beatles-Revolver
2.U2-Achtung baby
3.Beach boys-Pet sounds
4.Stones-Sticky fingers

blueyedpoet said:
David Hasselhoff's music has to be at the top of this list.

Have you read the Amazon.com customer reviews for his albums -- especially The Very Best of David Hasselhoff and Looking For --Best of David Hasselhoff? They are side-splittingly, rolling on the floor funny. Undoubtably, they are far better than the music. :yes:

indra said:

Have you read the Amazon.com customer reviews for his albums -- especially The Very Best of David Hasselhoff and Looking For --Best of David Hasselhoff? They are side-splittingly, rolling on the floor funny. Undoubtably, they are far better than the music. :yes:

i'm on my way to check this out

well....here's one of them:

B00008OWZG.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom