The Windy City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Ok I wrote in here a couple of weeks ago that I may be moving to New Orleans, well things have changed and the job offer is for Chicago and I have to move there by the end of May. Now I've been there a few times and I loved it. I know the first winter will probably kick my ass being that I've lived in Texas all my life, but I'm ready. But I need help with finding a place to live. It's overwhelming. I've talked to one or two locators and they aren't that helpful. I will not have the chance to see the place before I move in so I'm relying on pictures from the web and advice about neighborhoods.

So any advice? I will have a car for I'll be traveling throughout Chicago and the suburbs quite a bit. I'm looking for a studio apartment, something very modest to begin with for my salary won't really be where I want it until after a year with this company. Anything would help.

This sounds a cry for help from Zoney; I think he knows all those areas! :yes:

Quick! Light the sky with the Zoney lamp and he'll find you...I honestly believe that he knows this turf! :up:

How could I forget...Screaming Flower is in Chicago; she should give you some tips! good luck!

Last edited:
I know neighborhoods in Chicago...but I will make sure Screaming Flower sees this thread and comments! :D

It all depends on what you want, though. Are you a city type? Suburban type? Like traffic/Hate traffic? What kind of conveniences do you want? Etc. etc. etc.

I would suggest looking for a place somewhere "north" of the loop.

SCREAMER????????

Wear really warm stuff. I'm from Texas too and the first time I went through a winter in Maryland I thought I was going to freeze to death :ohmy: It's quite a shock. Then you'll go back to Texas in the summer to visit and you'll be passing out cos you can't stand the heat anymore...which is what happens to me now and I hate that :mad:

hey bvs - i'm at work so i don't have the chance to reply fully. zoner emailed me about this thread. feel free to pm me with any questions. i've lived here five years now so i would love to help you. i'll try and check in later this evening and pm you some info. chicago rocks. :D

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom