The Who or Led Zeppelin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Who do you like better? I obviously like The Who better but I am a fan of both. I hope there are more Who fans though, its ok if there isnt.... I suppose:(

Hey, if The Who has a guitar like The Edge then I'll like them better! I don't know much about Led Zeppelin, though.

Last edited:
Oh I dotn think they have a guitarist like Edge, they have Pete. Edge and Pete sound very different to me. Petes freaks when on stafe and Edge just stands tehre and stomps and stuff lol. And the sound isnt very alike either but Cute Irish Bono The Who are better dont listen to what others say lol, no Im just kidding you can like who ever you wanna like :).

Is it wrong to not like Santana's or Jimi Hendrix's guitar? Does Led Zepplein sound like that?

I dotn really like there guitar either so its not wrong dont worry. um... I dotn know really... lol. Sorry, but sometime you will have to listen to The Who and the Zep after and then you will know:wink: But I like The Who's guitar better. No not because they are the who either its just zep's guitar is weird to me.

I prefereZep.

PS My 3 year old just pointed to your avatar TheWho4Life and said "Weve got that man on the television."

Then she pointed to Cute Irish Bonos avata and said "and weve got that man on the television."

She then pointed to Cute Irish Bonos signature and said "but we dont have that man on the television." :huh:

Thus far Skeek has the most rational response.

As someone who started out a devout Who fan, and then began appreciating Zeppelin, it's a difficult question to consider. It really depends on the mood... at times the Who can be transcendentally brilliant and compositionally precise; on the other hand the pure and relentless musicianship of Zeppelin is awe-inspiring. I don't want to over-glorify each band, but they've been a standard in my listening catalogue for a long time... and will remain. In terms of direct comparison, there's no point. There's a time in your life for both, and room for more. Why can't we listen to music without keeping score?

Who's better? Who's best? When all is one and one is all. to be a rock and not to roll...

It's all worthy. This thread is demeaning in its best sense.

I go with Zep because I never cared for the who's rock operas.
the who's other material rocks though.:up:

I like The Who a lot but Led Zeppelin has so much good stuff I have to go with them. Who knows, this may end up as the final of Classic Rock survivor :lol:

very hard choice, very hard indeed. The Who are just great, I love their early quirky, poppy songs and their later epics like Pinball Wizard and Wont Get Fooled again, but then Led Zep have songs that mention Gollum and the LOTR!!!!!:wink: I like them both heaps, cant decide at this moment:|

Back
Top Bottom