the "what concerts are you going to this summer?" m-m-m-megathread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coldplay in September in St. Louis (crap seats as I forgot when they went on sale) and then about 3 days later u2 :D and if I really want to max out Mr. Visa the Austin City Limits Music fest the weekend after that
Lollapalooza sounds interesting - would love to see the arcade fire

but basically I'm saving up for the 3rd leg in the fall

may was my big concert month. started out with dropkick murphys (and nas and fabulous) at the spring concert at school. then the slackers/darkbuster/some shitty opening band, then social distortion/lost city angels/the eyeliners, bruce springsteen, and finally u2.

so far, june looks empty. had plans to go to albany on saturday to see the ducky boys and the pietasters (and some other bands), but that fell through :mad:

i was hoping to catch this guy i know's band on the 25th, but it may not be happening.

i don't think i'll be going to easthampton to see the rachets on the 24th.

i'm probably not going to be able to go see confront in boston on either date that they just posted, for july.

i really hope that ramallah does come to springfield on august 14th. but maybe i could go see them on the 12th in albany if they don't? why the fuck are they playing bucksport maine TWICE???

i wish someone half decent would play pearl street. or anywhere else! how about that for irony, now that i'm finally 21 and can go to 21+ shows, there's no one playing in the area that i care about going to see.

so it looks like the warped tour for me. woooo. note the sarcasm. easily the worst line-up ever for that thing, but i did see on the thorp records site that both brain failure and crash & burn are playing the massachusetts date. so that's cool. i'll have more of a reason than dkm and the street dogs to go, i guess. and maybe i'll even check out the transplants if i can be bothered, or that one other band who i thought were kind of ok...i can't remember who they were now, of course.

June looks hot for Moscow, Russia:
Faithless - June 3d
Moby - June 11th
Marilyn Manson - June 21st
Garbage, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age - June 29th

Seen Faithless already. Looking forward for the rest.

July looks empty.

I don't really care whats gonna happen in August in Moscow, all my thoughts are in Nice, France where I will see U2 for the first time in my life :drool:

September 12 - U2

Okay, so it's not technically a summer concert, but it's the first concert I'll be seeing in four years. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom