The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfway through I was thinking about giving up the show for good, but that ending was pretty great.

That was the dumbest fucking car crash ever. I hope she's dead.

Although at best, maybe this will just do away with the baby plot.

that's funny. that's what my wife said. she absolutely hates Lori. lol!

i started getting real pissed at Rick in the middle of Season 2, but now that he's feeling threatened by Shane he's been pretty awesome. Shane is still my favorite character, just because he's such a ticking time bomb.

agreed about the intensity. good to see since the farm was starting to annoy me, even though it makes sense that they're still there.

The last two episodes have been pretty decent, the intensity level has been really raised. I found Rick to be pretty annoying in the first season, he's much more interesting now.

Agreed. Maybe they realized how boring it was getting. Although I did find the editing between the action scene with Rick/Shane/Zombies/new dude and the sudden switching back and forth to 4 boring women on the farm, got pretty annoying to me.

Agreed. Maybe they realized how boring it was getting. Although I did find the editing between the action scene with Rick/Shane/Zombies/new dude and the sudden switching back and forth to 4 boring women on the farm, got pretty annoying to me.

last episode was just weird in general. no Dale, Glen, Hershal, Carol, Daryl, etc...

i think it's the first episode where so many characters didn't appear.

The previous two episodes I believe was where the new showrunner took over from Darabont, I believe it is a guy that was critical of Darabont's very slow burn approach.

T-Dog is also one of the most pointless characters ever.

I liked hearing "Driver's Seat" by Sniff n' the Tears.

I've liked the last two episodes more than usual as well. Am still undecided as to whether or not I'll keep watching beyond this season. I'm sure a well-done cliffhanger will make me roll my eyes and say "FINE, I'll keep watching." :wink:

i know some people think that Season 2 was slow and i get that. my opinion is probably skewed because my wife and i just literally watched all of Season 2 in a matter of 3 days, so we were just able to go to the next episode. i could see it being a little slower when having to wait a week just to see them hanging at the farm again.

i'm betting that in the grand scheme, the farm story will be necessary for the timeline and future events.....hoping Season 3 is a little more fast paced to reward those who stuck with it.

This show just started over here in Australia, I've DVR'd the first two episodes, just gotta find time to watch them in between everything else i'm trying to catch up on.

Looks interesting though.

Man I was all.. this episode is sooooooooooooooo zzzzzzzzzz boring.. and then :no: :sad: Meh.

Carl feels really stupid now I would imagine.

It's sad that this show has had such a hard time creating characters we care about. I think this death was thrown at us to try and jog some emotions, an old timer and all... but sadly I was just, meh.

One of my friends said something about a death on FB, and I was all "Oh, it's so-and-so, because AMC totally spoiled their death in the blurbs for the upcoming DVD release."

And it wasn't.

That was pretty brutal.

Also:

Fuckin' Carl, man.

I cant decide who I hate more at this point, Lori or Carl.

I generally like the show, hell I watch every week but I hate 2/3 of these characters. Especially Lori. Fucking annoying Olive Oil ass. Maybe it's because of the actors/actresses, I don't know. In Lori's case, it has to be both.

I like Daryl and Glenn the most and liked Dale well enough. Also, I think Shane is a pretty decent character. That's about it. Oh...and the brunette that Glenn is banging...just for the tight jeans she wears. Carol is a decent character but I don't think the actress is up to the part. But Carl, Andrea, Hershel...jeez.

Hell, I flat out forgot about T-Bone. That's some poor writing in terms of elucidating what is going on away from the main group. I know with an ensemble cast, it's difficult but it can be done better than this.

I also think Rick, or the actor that plays him is a straight up caricature.
That's what happens when you cast an Englishmen to play a sheriff from rural Georgia. Not exactly inspired casting.

All of that said, last night's episode was the best of the season, IMO.

Oh...and bring back Merle. At least he was interesting.

I doubt he's the leader after seeing some casting news the other day, but I'm convinced he's in the group.

And once again I'm forced to wonder why I'm still watching this. The death stirred absolutely nothing within me, and the fact that they holding the prisoner captive AGAIN is eye roll inducing.

Maybe Carl will kill himself out of guilt. Would at least be interesting.

I'm trying to write my thoughts on the Leg Kid, but the room starts spinning when I think about it. So god damn stupid.

U2DMfan said:
I also think Rick, or the actor that plays him is a straight up caricature.
That's what happens when you cast an Englishmen to play a sheriff from rural Georgia. Not exactly inspired casting.

I actually have grown to like Rick more over this season, the fact that he knew about Shane and Lori and handled it pragmatically and maturely without much of the usual male ego shit was refreshing. That and when he flat out destroyed those two guys in the bar, I gotta give him props for that.

Yes Rick is one of the better things lately. However I did :giggle: when he and Lori were chatting on the porch (might have well been having lemonade on the porch swing) while the kid was off playing with guns and zombies in the woods. After all their talk about keeping him safe. :hmm:

I actually have grown to like Rick more over this season, the fact that he knew about Shane and Lori and handled it pragmatically and maturely without much of the usual male ego shit was refreshing. That and when he flat out destroyed those two guys in the bar, I gotta give him props for that.

Yeah but...

He was willing to shoot those threats in the bar, and be pragmatic about his wife and Shane...and then a few moments later he's waffling over whether to be entirely pragmatic and kill a legitimate threat and is having a cockfight with Shane. So...that kind of undercuts it for me. A bit of regression.

Moreover, not only does he have no problem killing the two cats he perceives as threats in the bar, but minutes later goes out of his way to save the life of a guy who was JUST SHOOTING AT THEM while the (conveniently slow during this instance) zombie horde descends upon them. It's absolute insanity.

And you have to love how the same zombie that was flipping his shit the second he saw Carl comes upon Dale with all the stealth of a god damn ninja.

The way the camera lingered on the pile of Really Most Sincerely Dead walkers, I thought it was going to come from that pile, like "oops, missed one."

i don't know, you guys. i really like this show.....though i'm not nearly as critical regarding TV and Movies as i am music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom