The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Hannibal Rising...though I guess she was more of a preschooler than a baby.

They need to find zombie-Sophia...if she's fine after all this time I call shenanigans. And yes, I'm sure people who've read the comics already know...shhh ;)

just fucking find the kid already. Two weeks ago the show restored some of it's promise.

this week was boring as shit.

I agree. I was :yawn: the whole time.

They literally did NOTHING with the barn story, the single most exciting part of the last episode.

Edit: I was right, he is pro-unlife :wink:

well, at least the plot moved along a little :shrug:

there seems to be two camps here,
one would be happy with more zombie attacks, say 4-5 an episode
and the other want a more thought out story with better execution.

Can't we have both?

I'm all for episodes where they take time to regroup, settle in for a bit, and develop some character.

But they've been on the missing girl plot since the 1st episode. And if they're going to have the slow moving scenes, at least give us some interesting chats. It's almost like their conversations are just giant teases....only to draw out the plot even more.

And of course more zombies would be great :D

Does this take place in a magical land where a pregnancy test gives the result, like, immediately after peeing on the stick, and the morning after pill causes abortion?

Edit: ... although I guess I could believe it as an attempt of desperation, willing to try anything. Because I'm sure she somehow knew that she didn't need to take all of the pills (or however many she manically swallowed.

I did actually like the revelation that Rick already knew about her and Shane. That was a nice moment, to have it be a quiet "oh honey, I already know" rather than big dramatic rage.

It is very slow moving, I hate to be the guy coming saying the comics this and that, but one thing about the comics story-line was it's pace, it's very quick moving, with the odd punctuation of quieter story moments.

But yeah the barn stuff should have happened 2 episodes ago. It's the mid season finale next? When is the show coming back on? It will be interesting to see if it gets the same amount of viewers when it comes back.

For what it's worth i'm still quite enjoying it. Rick remains cool in my book as he is far from the macho dude you usually get as lead in these sorts of things.

There is something a bit off about the writing for the female characters though. Lori, Andrea and Maggie can be quite unlikable. Well Lori in the comics I always found annoying, but Andrea is pretty cool as is Maggie.

I just received an order for a patient named "Merle Walker"

am I being punked?

edit: I should add I work for a prosthetic facility.

*cue sci-fi music*

corianderstem said:
I did actually like the revelation that Rick already knew about her and Shane. That was a nice moment, to have it be a quiet "oh honey, I already know" rather than big dramatic rage.

Agreed, I totally gained respect for Rick because he was smart enough to realize what was going on, didn't freak out about it and was even able to rationalize about it. It really made up for his predictable self-rightous episode when he found out she was pregnant.

I wasn't surprised by who what came staggering out of the barn, but I did have a few moments of :(

Then again, I also teared up, like, three times during the Muppet movie today, so apparently I'm just a wee bit weepy this week.

See I liked the very end of this episode. That was a good scene. It was emotional (yeah the mom running toward her little girl was heartbreaking). But the thing is, is that that scene should have happened episodes ago, and many more like it too. The fact that it was all they had, and had to save it for the mid season finale is a shame, and shows what the problem with the writing is now. :sigh:

See I liked the very end of this episode. That was a good scene. It was emotional (yeah the mom running toward her little girl was heartbreaking). But the thing is, is that that scene should have happened episodes ago, and many more like it too. The fact that it was all they had, and had to save it for the mid season finale is a shame, and shows what the problem with the writing is now. :sigh:

^My thoughts exactly.
I'm curious at what point they fired Frank Darabont and if that helped or hurt this season so far.

^My thoughts exactly.
I'm curious at what point they fired Frank Darabont and if that helped or hurt this season so far.

Hurt. I think he was fired before the season started, though I'm not positive, and I don't know if any of the season was written already or not.

I am so glad they can finally move on from that fucking Sophia storyline. Pick up your shit and leave that shit farm. Goddamn.

I am so glad they can finally move on from that fucking Sophia storyline. Pick up your shit and leave that shit farm. Goddamn.

I hope someone kicks Hershel in the nuts for hiding the fact that they had Sofia and letting them risk their lives looking for her.
Did it pre-date Daryl getting hurt?

To kinda quote Cori: Jesus, what an anus!

I don't know if he knew who Sophia was or not. It's not like they had a picture of her.

Just let Hershel go. He's an old man clinging to his guns fruit and religion.

Yeah it's possible he didn't know she was in there since the zombie wrangling was Otis' job. But you would think Otis would have at least told him he threw a little girl in there. Eh, who knows, whatever. Just yes pleeeeease get off the damn boring farm.

How did Beardo know Shane shot Otis? Did I miss something as I zoned in and out of each episode? And most importantly, why do I continue watching this garbage show?

I had the same question.

I'm teetering on the edge of watching or not watching, too. I'll probably see the season out. But I won't miss it until February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom