The Vancouver Canucks Are Officially The "Swedest" Team In The NHL (Arvedson!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry for not being born in canada, "tommy", because it obviously means that i can never grasp the intricacies of the game. however, your argument seems to have a few points that are arguable, even if it is my my feeble american mind. first of all, "pre-Bourque form"? how did you mean this to be taken? in the pre-Borque years the avs won the stanley cup in '96 and then proceeded to make it to the western finals every year (except for a fluke series with edmonton in which they were up 3-1).

you also say that the team will be dismantled by trades. well as we have seen in the last 8 seasons, pierre lacroix has not been known to make team dismantling trades. in fact, he does quite the opposite. he makes decisions that better the team such as getting fleury (i know, i know, but there was a time when he had his sanity), bouque, blake, and reinprecht. my only reason to think that the acquisition of kariya and selanne will not work out to its ultimate potential, is the current talk of splitting them up. and hopefully the coaches will pull their heads out before the season starts.

the team is full of potential, look at these hypothetical lines, and then tell me a team that has the firepower, or defense to stand against them.
First Line:Kariya, Sakic, Selanne
Second:Hejduk, Forsberg, Tanquay
Third: Battaglia (forgot we had him, EH!), Nikolishin, Hinote
Fourth:Worrel (there's the tough guy avsgirl!), Hahl, Willsie

Then throw in the fact that we have arguably two of the best defensemen in the game in foote and blake, not to mention martin skoula, and the up and coming talent of d.j. smith, and i would think that one would be hard pressed to say any team can rival the avs.:lol:

Last edited:
shrmn8rpoptart said:
sorry for not being born in canada, "tommy", because it obviously means that i can never grasp the intricacies of the game. however, your argument seems to have a few points that are arguable, even if it is my my feeble american mind. first of all, "pre-Bourque form"? how did you mean this to be taken? in the pre-Borque years the avs won the stanley cup in '96 and then proceeded to make it to the western finals every year (except for a fluke series with edmonton in which they were up 3-1).

Your objectivity knows no bounds.

Nationality is arbitrary in a discussion like this; quite a tactless comment in fact. In the years following their cup in '96 the Avs floundered... you may remember they were strattling the playoff bubble before the Bourque trade.

As far as the Edmonton series being a fluke... well, whatever you have to tell yourself...

you also say that the team will be dismantled by trades. well as we have seen in the last 8 seasons, pierre lacroix has not been known to make team dismantling trades. in fact, he does quite the opposite. he makes decisions that better the team such as getting fleury (i know, i know, but there was a time when he had his sanity)...

Score one for me.

bouque, blake, and reinprecht. my only reason to think that the acquisition of kariya and selanne will not work out to its ultimate potential, is the current talk of splitting them up. and hopefully the coaches will pull their heads out before the season starts.

Certain necessities will force the team to make a trade. Small contracts put management in a position of power when it comes to executing trades. The cheaper the player, the more expendable... so Kariya's mini-deal is easily transferred to other parties. Selanne will most likely stay.

the team is full of potential, look at these hypothetical lines, and then tell me a team that has the firepower, or defense to stand against them.

Then throw in the fact that we have arguably two of the best defensemen in the game in foote and blake, not to mention martin skoula, and the up and coming talent of d.j. smith, and i would think that one would be hard pressed to say any team can rival the avs.:lol:

Haha. I don't know why I bothered to reply to this, as you obviously didn't read anything I said... or maybe you just created a new context for it.

The Avs front lines are formidable... I don't contest that. The scale is tipped exposing a weak back end. Blake has been inconsistent and less effective in jumping into the rush. Foote is reliable, but the mileage is stacking up on him.

DJ Smith? Not even the Leafs defense had a spot reserved for him on the roster. Touted prospect indeed.

:up:

I have found more often than not that when fans protest criticism so harshly they have their own reservations about the team/player. Insecurities that need to be addressed... possibly through civil discussion?

Just a thought.

AvsGirl41 said:

...but it added an interesting kink. :wink:
Kinky, indeed. :sexywink:

You know, I could seriously see the Avs splitting up the lines and spreading the wealth. If they kept only Karyia and Salanne together on one line, kept only Forsberg and Hejduk together on another, they could create a third line consisting of Sakic and Tanguay. That might be the way to go...would address the back end problem, wouldn't you say?

Oh, Pinball Wizard: Tell me what you make of Vancouver's team this year, with the addition of Arvedson, Slegr, Hedberg, and possibly Mike Keane (if he gets past camp). Please answer as objectively as possible. Do you think they're better than last year's team? I think they are.

Michael Griffiths said:
Oh, Pinball Wizard: Tell me what you make of Vancouver's team this year, with the addition of Arvedson, Slegr, Hedberg, and possibly Mike Keane (if he gets past camp). Please answer as objectively as possible. Do you think they're better than last year's team? I think they are.

You don't have to call me that eh griffey...

Vancouver. Slightly better than last year. I was a big fan of Hedberg; he was mistreated and devalued in the Burgh. Jiri Slegr is a great acquisition as well.

Arvedson... pointless. His offensive upside is respectable, but his penchant for injury and hesitancy towards a checking role makes him less than a good fit for the Canucks. Unless he's paired with a productive "power forward" (I bet you love that phrase Mikey), his chance for success is limited.

Overall I don't see anything hindering the Canucks, other than a possible goaltending duel (dressing room chemistry)... which is ultimately beneficial to both Cloutier's and Hedberg's development.

Prediction: Surprisingly, 3rd in the West. Colorado's streak of division championships will end... indefinitely.

Last edited:
Cuj, I agree with much of what you say, except I must point out it is a bit of a myth that Arvedson is injury prone. In fact, both times he was injured, causing him to miss large chunks of the season last year and the year before, were results of a broken ankle and an injured spleen because someone checked him into the players gate. Those aren't typical injuries, and since he has no other typical injuries to speak of, I don't think he's injury prone. As far as his defensive leaning, don't you think the Canucks need some of that? I mean, maybe he would have helped prevent that defensive meltdown against Minny!

I also predict 3rd in the West, but I'm not so sure they'll beat Colorado. I think Colorado and Detroit will finish 1 and 2...though I wouldn't be shocked if Vancouver finished ahead of Detroit, even as high as 2nd.

Last edited:
ah, cuj, you may have struck a nerve with that "underlying problem" jibber jabber. maybe i am still reeling from a summer full of watching the god-awful rockies instead of watching the avs make a run at the cup. instead of addressing this issue i have been known to lash out irrationaly, often with nationality as the focus (lucky you weren't russian or there would've have been some slow witted communist jokes made). for this i am sorry.

however, come on man, at least let me have some hope that there will be some joy in my life between slane ond dvd and the new album, and maybe even before the new tour starts. i would like to have faith in the avs, they've never done anything to make me doubt, in fact i'm quite pumped about the upcoming season, even though skoula sucks (he was responsible for the big goals by the wild) and who knows whether or not they can afford to sign tanguay now.

i do think that colorado will win the northwest, yes the canucks will challenge, but when it comes to the stretch run (just like last year) the avs always seem to be able to make that final push. where they will go in the playoffs is anyone's guess, so i just hope that if they don't go deep, no rockies games will be televised.

shrmn8rpoptart said:

i would like to have faith in the avs, they've never done anything to make me doubt, in fact i'm quite pumped about the upcoming season, even though skoula sucks (he was responsible for the big goals by the wild) and who knows whether or not they can afford to sign tanguay now.

I knew this was coming. :scream:

Yet another Colorado fan who thinks bashing Skoula=deep hockey knowledge.

There were many reasons why the Avs lost to the Wild and they do not begin with S and end with A.

As I recall, it was deVries and Morris who really dropped the defensive ball--not to mention poor goaltending from Roy--but I pretty much blocked that whole playoffs from my mind.

And Tanguay was re-signed last week. He caved to a one-year deal, when Lacroix promised him a multi-year last season. He should have taken that sneak to arbitration. :down:

come now avsgirl, i'm trying to apologize and you start ripping me all over again. listen, skoula was not just the weak spot during that series, but has been for the last couple of seasons. he spends too much time trying to stick-handle out of the zone, or makes bad passes through center. i know that when your d consitis of blake foote devries and morris, it is easy to single out a guy like skoula. however, just because it is an easy answer, i don't think its the wrong answer.

i am glad to hear that we resigned tanguay, that news doesn't get to greeley very quick, as you probably know living in denver and all.

i guess i'm still confused however, as to why everyone is on the avs bashing bandwagon, when over the last 9 years they've been one of the top six teams in the league every year. we have strong d, good offense, (i believe, you may not) solid back lines, and goaltending that will prove to be solid. aebischer is the best swiss player in the league after all. all these things point to another division title to keep that record string alive, and will put them in contention for the cup.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
you also say that the team will be dismantled by trades. well as we have seen in the last 8 seasons, pierre lacroix has not been known to make team dismantling trades. in fact, he does quite the opposite. he makes decisions that better the team such as getting fleury (i know, i know, but there was a time when he had his sanity), bouque, blake, and reinprecht. my only reason to think that the acquisition of kariya and selanne will not work out to its ultimate potential, is the current talk of splitting them up. and hopefully the coaches will pull their heads out before the season starts.

See, the Avs fans fanatical devotion to Lacroix is exactly where this team will fall apart.

Lacroix has made some terrible trades in the past few seasons.
Podein, Yelle, Drury, Niminen, Vrbata all spring to mind. Bye-bye grit and penalty kill. Bye bye future prospects. And the amazingly talented, never visible Reinprecht "the clincher of the Blake deal" has now been shipped out.

And as for Worrell, he will likely go the way of Marchment and Kasparitis. The Avs constantly go after "dirty" players, but it never has worked out. (My sister reported she was impressed with him at camp, so I may change my mind.)

Even so, one tough guy does not solve the problems of the third and fourth line. Willsie is a joke and always has been. I like Hinote, but he's never been the Deadmarsh replacement they sell him as. And he's too small to really be much of a physical presence anyway. Riku Hahl is too inexperienced, although I think he has potential.

And is this the same Martin Skoula you blamed for losing the first round?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Avs, but this team has bartered away alot of future prospects in an effort to deliver an instant Stanley Cup every year. I mean, the flawless Lacroix tried hard to trade Tanguay to Boston last season. Now he's the vital center of a line...funny how he's such a mastermind though.

ok, all geniuses make mistakes, and losing drury and niminen really upset me, and i believe if lacroix were to make a truly great move it would be to get drury back. the player that i miss the most however is rick berry. talk about back line grit, that guy layed some of the hardest hits in the league, and when he was shipped to the penguins i nearly cried.

however, we do have one of the best farm clubs in the league that seems to have a never ending supply of talent when the stars go down in dec. and jan. i want to believe that the people in charge know what they're doing, otherwise what's to keep them from going the way of the nuggets (who in the early '90's were one of the better teams in the west) and the rockies. i have to argue with you, because if things turn out like you say, then what am i left with, the mammoth?

shrmn8rpoptart said:
come now avsgirl, i'm trying to apologize and you start ripping me all over again. listen, skoula was not just the weak spot during that series, but has been for the last couple of seasons. he spends too much time trying to stick-handle out of the zone, or makes bad passes through center. i know that when your d consitis of blake foote devries and morris, it is easy to single out a guy like skoula. however, just because it is an easy answer, i don't think its the wrong answer.

i am glad to hear that we resigned tanguay, that news doesn't get to greeley very quick, as you probably know living in denver and all.

i guess i'm still confused however, as to why everyone is on the avs bashing bandwagon, when over the last 9 years they've been one of the top six teams in the league every year. we have strong d, good offense, (i believe, you may not) solid back lines, and goaltending that will prove to be solid. aebischer is the best swiss player in the league after all. all these things point to another division title to keep that record string alive, and will put them in contention for the cup.

Skoula is my favorite player...i have a weak spot for an underdog. I get really sick of the endless bashing he takes. His mistakes come from a lack of confidence--which is directly related to the "Skoula sucks!" he hears coming from the stands. (And Bob Hartley, but that's a long tale.)

He's fast and has an incredible shot. It's his confidence that causes him to make mistakes, he turns indecisive. And no matter what he does, it's the wrong thing--last season, he played more physical and then got knocked for taking too many penalties.

deVries turned the puck over way more than Skoula, but no one ever noticed because Roy usually saved his ass. (I guess he thinks he's a big name now, "deserving" of the Rangers. Third or fourth line at best, Greg.)

Defense is a really tough position to play...I think if Avs fans would back off, Skoula would surprise them.

And I'm not bashing the Avs. I'm just trying not to get caught up in the "Kariya and Selanne will get us the Cup!" hype. We have alot of big names and firepower, but the Avs are avoiding the problems of the last 2 seasons. And I'm really worried as to when those are going to catch up to us.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
ok, all geniuses make mistakes, and losing drury and niminen really upset me, and i believe if lacroix were to make a truly great move it would be to get drury back. the player that i miss the most however is rick berry. talk about back line grit, that guy layed some of the hardest hits in the league, and when he was shipped to the penguins i nearly cried.

With Berry, it was an attitude problem. He was not the nicest guy--and I think it's evident from the way he's been shipped around the league. His talent just doesn't match up to his ego.

I nearly cried when Nimo went, he was a great guy and a gritty player. He was awesome paired with Hinote. That was Hartley's doing, but Lacroix went along with it. (That's one thing he did right--fire Hartley!!)

Losing Drury lost us the playoffs. We needed the clutch guy. :sigh:

true, but do you think hiring granato was the answer? and even with all my talk about loving the big-namers i wish we still had ozolinsh, lemiux, yelle, and uwe krupp. and you're right when you talk about tough guys, marchment and kasper were jokes, i wish we had parker and simon.

I like what I have seen of Granato. The players responded well to him--the fact that he has played makes him more understanding and knowledgeable about where and how to make improvements. Look at how he managed Tanguay. Hartley just yelled at him and benched him.

Granato is also more laid back. Hartley was prone to visible panic, which Scotty Bowman capitalized well on.

shrmn8rpoptart said:

It's almost the shallow optimism that a Yankee fan has... on paper the team is ridiculously good, but will that translate into a championship? More often than not. So because of this, coupled with other factors, some loathe the Avs.

There's always a stigma against expansion franchises that are privileged enough to have rapid success (I would group the Avs into that, as the organization experienced more than just a municipal transition). You often have to question the credibility of the fanship when all they've seen is the upside of the curve, with relatively few setbacks. I think Colorado as a team and hockey city will garner more respect when the organization hits a lull... and there's fans to support a reformation to winning.

Plus, there used to be a lot of jackasses on that team. Most of whom have moved on... or retired.

:wink:

That's as eloquent as I'll get before sleeping.

Last edited:
Pinball Wizard said:

You often have to question the credibility of the fanship when all they've seen is the upside of the curve, with relatively few setbacks.

Plus, there used to be a lot of jackasses on that team. Most of whom have moved on... or retired.

Alright, you gave me somtheing to run with, and I'm going to have to take it. I'm sorry, did you say we've never experienced the downside of the curve. Maybe you're right, but we have experienced rock bottom. Maybe you don't remember the late '70's. but there was a team called the Colorado Rockies, and they sucked bad! The best player on the team was Wilf Piemont for god-sakes. The playoffs were just not something that that team did. But fans still went to games, and were enthusiastic. You may not know this, but the Rockies actually started the tradition of playing Rock & Roll pt. II after goals.

Also, you have to look at the Nuggets, Rockies, and the Broncos (for most of the '90's). Before the Avs winning the cup in '96, the only major sports title won by a Colorado team was Colorado University winning the national college football championship in 1990. These are fans that have known the absolute worst and still support their teams (except for the Nuggets, who are doing their damndest to run that organization into the ground).

Why you pick Colorado fans to rip on is puzzling to me. If you want to find brainless fans, look to LA, who boo Rob Blake every time he touches the puck. Even though he was one of the best players that the Kings have ever known, and performed a great deal of charity work in LA. Colorado fans support their teams through the thick and thin, the good and bad. I am sorry however that the Canucks do manage to string together dismal season after dismal season, had your joy stolen by messier, richter and graves in 1994, and choked away the division title on the last day of the season last year. But I guess the way you tell it, all of those add up to a great franchise and the best fans in the league.

Also who on the team has ever been a jackass? IF you want jackasses, look instead to McCarty, Draper, LaPointe, Shanahan, and Bowman. And don't even waste your breath saying i'm just a bitter Avs fan who only has the intellect enough to rip on the Wings. Maybe you'd know a little bit about heated rivalries if your team was ever good enough to be of concern to anyone.

Rip the team all that you want. Make your Yankee comparisons, though that seems to be quite a compliment. Don't insult our fans however, because we have been to the bottom, and unlike Vancouver fans, have found that we like it better on top!

Last edited:
So, the Canucks and Wild played tonight for the first time since their heated playoff series. Vancouver outshot them 43-12! Fernandez stood on his head for the Wild, as they only lost 1-0 to the Canucks. Bertuzzi sat on a couple players after Ohlund and Naslund got speared by the dirty Wild players. No one messes with Nazzy and gets away with it! :wink:

shrmn8rpoptart said:
Alright, you gave me somtheing to run with, and I'm going to have to take it. I'm sorry, did you say we've never experienced the downside of the curve. Maybe you're right, but we have experienced rock bottom. Maybe you don't remember the late '70's. but there was a team called the Colorado Rockies, and they sucked bad! The best player on the team was Wilf Piemont for god-sakes. The playoffs were just not something that that team did. But fans still went to games, and were enthusiastic. You may not know this, but the Rockies actually started the tradition of playing Rock & Roll pt. II after goals.

I would offer you a shovel, but you're doing a damn fine nice job yourself.

First of all, I was merely extending the sentiments of the majority of non-Avalanche fans, not proclaiming my subjectivity towards the issue... although I am somewhat biased.

Also, you're right... we do owe a debt of gratitude to the Rockies for issuing royalties to one Gary Glitter every time a goal is scored... nice to fund a pedophile ain't it?

:down:

Also, you have to look at the Nuggets, Rockies, and the Broncos (for most of the '90's). Before the Avs winning the cup in '96, the only major sports title won by a Colorado team was Colorado University winning the national college football championship in 1990. These are fans that have known the absolute worst and still support their teams (except for the Nuggets, who are doing their damndest to run that organization into the ground).

That's fair enough for Colorado as a sports city, but as a hockey city it is still relatively new. You won't win the benefit of the doubt when you mention a flash in the pan expansion franchise... agonizing as those few seasons were... try seven years without a playoff appearance.

:down:

Why you pick Colorado fans to rip on is puzzling to me. If you want to find brainless fans, look to LA, who boo Rob Blake every time he touches the puck. Even though he was one of the best players that the Kings have ever known, and performed a great deal of charity work in LA. Colorado fans support their teams through the thick and thin, the good and bad. I am sorry however that the Canucks do manage to string together dismal season after dismal season, had your joy stolen by messier, richter and graves in 1994, and choked away the division title on the last day of the season last year. But I guess the way you tell it, all of those add up to a great franchise and the best fans in the league.

Why pick on Colorado (hockey specifically) fans? Silver spoon syndrome mostly... not that it's their fault. It's just how it is.

Also who on the team has ever been a jackass? IF you want jackasses, look instead to McCarty, Draper, LaPointe, Shanahan, and Bowman. And don't even waste your breath saying i'm just a bitter Avs fan who only has the intellect enough to rip on the Wings.

I don't think I have to. You're shadow boxing the hell out of yourself.

Jackasses... that's just my personal opinion. Roy... redefined the lines of arrogance and confidence to include douchebaggery. In his case, if jackass was a door, it would be ripped from its hinges.

Claude Lemieux... need I elaborate?

Of course there aren't many tactless players on the team anymore, hence the statement I made.

Maybe you'd know a little bit about heated rivalries if your team was ever good enough to be of concern to anyone.

Confidence like that against teams of "little concern" has been the Avs strong point. Surely worked against the Wild and the Oilers... Just keep thinking that, and you're golf handicap will improve every season.

Lucky for the Avs that Dallas usually takes care of the underdogs... or else there might be fewer banners hanging from the rafters.

Up until this point you were strattling the lines of reasoning, but now you've crossed the boundaries. Your assumptions about me, and pretty much any out of the sphere of Avalanche worship, are unfounded... even considering the hardcore fan source.

Rip the team all that you want. Make your Yankee comparisons, though that seems to be quite a compliment. Don't insult our fans however, because we have been to the bottom, and unlike Vancouver fans, have found that we like it better on top!

It's nice to see that you only further propagate the myths about Colorado fans out there. Shall we have a toast to generalizing?

No? Maybe you're right... you do look hosed already. For a futuristic sex robot.

PS- Thanks for labelling me as a Vancouver fan. You're good at those assumptions. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
So, the Canucks and Wild played tonight for the first time since their heated playoff series. Vancouver outshot them 43-12! Fernandez stood on his head for the Wild, as they only lost 1-0 to the Canucks. Bertuzzi sat on a couple players after Ohlund and Naslund got speared by the dirty Wild players. No one messes with Nazzy and gets away with it! :wink:

my god, its come down to bragging about exhibition games?

im gonna shoot myself before the season even starts if i have to read much more of this

griffdawgy

Michael Griffiths said:

Mikey old boy...the Canucks were playing the Houston Aeros....a minor league team :p Read the article...and focus on Brtuzzi's first quote...it is hilarious!!!

1wild0919.l.jpg

Rivalry heats up as Wild, Canucks meet again
Chris Snow, Star Tribune Staff Writer

WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- Vancouver Canucks defenseman Mattias Ohlund slumped to the ice in the waning minutes of the second period Thursday, leveled by a double shot from Wild forward Matt Johnson. First a slash across the hands. Then a punch from behind along the glass.

Game on. Canucks-Wild. Rivalry renewed. Surprised?

"What do you think this is, tennis?" asked bellicose Vancouver winger Todd Bertuzzi. "This is hockey, man. It's a contact sport. Things are going to happen like that."

Vancouver and the Wild combined for 43 penalty minutes in Thursday's preseason opener, 17 alone assessed to Johnson on that one play (five for slashing, two for roughing, 10 for a game misconduct). Speaking of 43, that's how many shots the Canucks poured on Manny Fernandez. He stopped 42. The Wild, meanwhile, managed 12 shots, losing 1-0 in front of an announced crowd of 10,214 at Winnipeg Arena.

"It was not as bad as the shots indicated because they are a team that shoots from everywhere and is a forechecking team," Wild coach Jacques Lemaire said. "They put pressure on the net and jam the net.

"The thing we didn't do is we didn't create. We couldn't find open guys in the offensive zone. . . . The kids, it's a difficult game for them. They've got to be better with the puck when they have it."

Before proceeding, it should be noted that the Wild dressed only eight players from the team that held off Vancouver last spring in three consecutive playoff elimination games. The Canucks rolled out the Grade-A talent: Markus Naslund, Bertuzzi, Brendan Morrison, Ed Jovanovski and Ohlund.

The parent club of the American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose, Vancouver had two reasons to stockpile its stars. First, the Canucks hoped to make it worth the $40 average ticket price for the fans. Second, this likely was the final NHL game in wrecking-ball destined Winnipeg Arena.

Still, the Wild stifled six of seven Vancouver power plays. At even strength, the Houston Aeros' top line of Stephane Veilleux, Rickard Wallin and Kyle Wanvig often flanked the Bertuzzi-Naslund-Morrison unit. The Canucks' top line did not record a point.

Yet the shots piled up by period, 13-6 in the first, 16-3 in the second, 14-3 in the third.

Fernandez sealed off almost everything his teammates could not, despite breaking in new goaltending pads, chest protector and shorts that arrived late this summer.

"If I look awkward, that could be the reason," he said. "But I don't want to blame anything on that. I was anxious. This made me feel better."

Fernandez was beaten only once, on a Mats Lindgren wrist shot from 40 feet.

"Manny was solid," Lemaire said. "He was on top of his game. The goal that was scored, he didn't see it. I am very satisfied with that."

Asked if he appreciated a good workload in the preseason opener, Fernandez said: "It went well. If I'd been shelled and given up 10 goals, I'm not sure I would have responded that way."

Up front, the Wild's top line proved to be the combination of left winger Christoph Brandner, center Sergei Zholtok and right winger Alexandre Daigle. A camp tryout player, Daigle came up with the best scoring chance. Midway through the game, Daigle had Canucks goalie Tyler Moss out of position before Moss scrambled back into position and swung out his right pad.

"I didn't see him coming," Daigle said. "I thought he was still in the corner. I would have shot it high."

So, given all this, what do we know? At the very least, that sultry days sitting by the pool did nothing this summer to soften these rivals.

"Minnesota is a natural rival of ours," Canucks General Manager Brian Burke told local reporters a week ago. "And my impression is that it will not be a feel-good game."

That it was not.

Pinball Wizard said:

Lucky for the Avs that Dallas usually takes care of the underdogs... or else there might be fewer banners hanging from the rafters.

I completely disagree.

Mainly because Dallas is not and never will be the team the Avs is.

Dallas has fallen on their face the past three seasons, I believe.

Re: griffdawgy

zonelistener said:

Read the article...and focus on Brtuzzi's first quote...it is hilarious!!!
Yeah, saw that on sportsnet last night. It's even funnier in reality. You should have seen the look of utter disbelief on Bertuzzi's face at even the notion that someone would ask the question about it. I think the reporter was in shock.

Oh, what were they thinking with the Houston Aeros comment?! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom