The Vagina Monologues Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I was so incensed by Eve Ensler's inclusion on Bernard Goldberg's list of "100 people who are screwing up America" or whatever :rolleyes: list that I decided to give an amazing woman, and play, a shoutout.

I totally recommend seeing The Vagina Monologues to anyone who has a vagina or cares about them. :wink: I have now been twice, both for benefit performances connected with the V-Day Movement (benefit performances of TVM for rape crisis centers, women's shelters, and the like), and TVM is just an awesome piece of work. I laughed, I cried, I shouted along with the actresses, and I'd go a third time if I got the chance.

And the fact that Ensler has basically given her work over to be used a nonprofit basis by V-Day is doubly awesome. :up: V-Day works with women all over the world to speak out against violence perpetrated against women, and has been named one of Worth magazine's 100 Best Charities.

:up: to TVM! Any other fans?

hell yes!

my best friend and i went to see this on valentine's day when we were both recovering from bad break-ups. it was put on by students at my university, and it was incredible. there are no words to describe how awesome the performances were. i think we covered every emotion conceivable in the course of the play. best valentine's day ever.

:heart:

also incredible is another of her plays, 'necessary targets,' about the effects of war on women. i got it for christmas a couple of years back. read the whole thing in one sitting, and it was nothing short of mindblowing. if you haven't read it, pax, you should pick it up. you'll love it.

dandy said:
also incredible is another of her plays, 'necessary targets,' about the effects of war on women. i got it for christmas a couple of years back. read the whole thing in one sitting, and it was nothing short of mindblowing. if you haven't read it, pax, you should pick it up. you'll love it.

Oooohh, I'll have to check that out. :up:

I've been wanting to go to a performance of this for a while, but I always miss them due to work and other stuff. Someday...

randhail said:
I love standing around and yellling Vagina, vagina, vagina whenever I get the chance. It makes me feel empowered.

YEAH to V-A-G-I-N-A....VAGINA:dance: :bow: The world would not be the same without it:wink:

I was in my university's production of TVM during my senior year. It rocked so much!

I did the CUNT monologue :yes:

Thanks for starting this thread, pax... I have fond memories of this show.

Not to mention the powerful message it packs. I had so many people stop me after the show to say that they would never think about their vagina the same again!

Make sure to check out http://www.vday.org/main.html for updated news and to find somewhere that is producing the show in your area!

It was on HBO and I thought it sucked.

But vaginas themselves are ace :up:

It is very entertaining MrsSpringsteen, I think you will enjoy the performances...I had the fourtune of seeing it live and it was amazing.:up: :up:

soft-taco.jpg

clam.jpg

xbass.jpg

David%20Hasselhoff%201.jpg

:drool: :drool:

ooookay people, if you don't actually have something to contribute, then please do not post in this thread.

posting a picture of a taco or coming in to mention your appreciation of the female anatomy has nothing to do with the thread topic. thanks.

Ewen mentioned to me last night that TVM is currently on tour in the UK, so for our British Interlanders who've never seen it...try to make it! :)

Back
Top Bottom