The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fah said:
Ask your apartment manager if the person(s)/company that has been hired are bonded. Advise them of your concerns. Make sure that receipts and anything with your name are out of sight/put away too!!!

I'm going there tomorrow to talk to them. They're doing a powerwash tomorrow and then the painting on Wednesday. I think they could have sent out the letter earlier than today. There are people with tons of crap (grills, furniture...) on their decks. I only have 3 dead plants :| I have almost all of my bills and crap in my room anyways but I'll put the rest in their tonight. I'm almost considering putting everything in my storage room tomorrow night. I keep hearing doors slamming so I'm wondering if someone else is filling up their storage too.

They did already paint one of the other buildings so I had a feeling this was going to come up soon. :mad:

I just locked my journal. I hate it when people I've never even seen here comment and tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my life. It's my journal and I can say whatever the hell I want to in it about anything. Maybe I should just do all of my messages in private from now on.

arw9797 said:
I feel so violated right now. Maybe I'm just making a big deal about nothing but....

I got a notice from my apartment managers today that they're going to have painters painting our balconies on Wednesday. So that means the painters will be walking through our apartments and then will have full access to the inside of my apartment and all of my belongings for as long as they're outside painting. I'm completely not comfortable with the idea of strangers being able to be in my apartment. I'm putting anything of value in my room and closing the door. I've already moved my entire U2 collection into my room. I just completely do not trust anyone and if I wouldn't have called in sick a few weeks ago I would stay home on Wednesday and sit here all day. How do I know these people aren't going to go through my stuff? :scream:

I would feel the same way. I can't believe that they would think it was all ok to have strangers walk around people's apartments while they arent home!

Kariann said:

I would feel the same way. I can't believe that they would think it was all ok to have strangers walk around people's apartments while they arent home!

it's an apartment and it's not mine. They can come in here and do what they want when they want. The only thing that's mine is the stuff that's in it so they don't care. The kitchen and bathroom are next. I'm going to seriously freak out of they tell me I'm getting all of that new before November is up. I was told last year when I moved in that my kitchen had recently been update so why do they need to do anything else to it? Oh yeah...so they can charge an insane amout of money to the next person that moves in.

arw9797 said:

it's an apartment and it's not mine. They can come in here and do what they want when they want. The only thing that's mine is the stuff that's in it so they don't care. The kitchen and bathroom are next. I'm going to seriously freak out of they tell me I'm getting all of that new before November is up. I was told last year when I moved in that my kitchen had recently been update so why do they need to do anything else to it? Oh yeah...so they can charge an insane amout of money to the next person that moves in.

Yeah that's true. At least we have the same guy that does things here and one of us has to be here but we aren't part of a building and it's family owned properties so that makes a difference I guess.

They had to install new furnace filters about two months ago and I was freaking out, too. I knew they would be in my room, and my stick is mounted right by where they had to put the filter in, but I made sure to take it off the wall and move it so there was no chance they could knock it off the wall. :mad:

I hope I wasn't one of the people commenting in your journal that you didn't want to, arw. :reject:

arw9797 said:

One of the many things I do not miss about being in an apartment. I lived in one for 7 years. Try coming home from a crappy day of work to find 4 maitenance workers in your apartment unannounced because the toilet above me overflowed and they had to check the ceiling in my apartment! I had stuff (bills, valuables, etc. ) laying out all over.

EDIT: sorry, just read the other posts, hope I wasnt jumping in here either! :reject: I didnt even know you had a journal here so I know that wasnt me!! PHEW :)

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

One of the many things I do not miss about being in an apartment. I lived in one for 7 years. Try coming home from a crappy day of work to find 4 maitenance workers in your apartment unannounced because the toilet above me overflowed and they had to check the ceiling in my apartment! I had stuff (bills, valuables, etc. ) laying out all over.

EDIT: sorry, just read the other posts, hope I wasnt jumping in here either! :reject: I didnt even know you had a journal here so I know that wasnt me!! PHEW :)

need a roommate!?!?! :sexywink:

I have a journal under a different name...but it's locked for now. And no you aren't jumping in here. I guess I don't say much more in my journal than I say in this thread anyways. I know the whole world probably reads this thread but it just feels different to me. :huh:

arw9797 said:

I have a journal under a different name...but it's locked for now. And no you aren't jumping in here. I guess I don't say much more in my journal than I say in this thread anyways. I know the whole world probably reads this thread but it just feels different to me. :huh:

Sure! :sexywink:

No, I understand, its why I dont leave the few journal entries I have done out there. Its more personal obviously. But I didnt know you had another username!? :reject:

arw9797 said:

If you would have called me at about 2 this afternoon I was feeling so crappy I would have started packing right then and ran away anywhere anyone suggested for good....even say Siberia.

I think it's different here because it's more like you are talking to someone rather than reflecting on your thoughts etc.

Blue Room said:

Is that even legal? How did they get in? Did they break in...or did someone have a key?

Blue Room said:

Sure! :sexywink:

No, I understand, its why I dont leave the few journal entries I have done out there. Its more personal obviously. But I didnt know you had another username!? :reject:

I don't post under the other name. My user name here is my initials and a number I used as a password at a job I used to have. My family and a few of my friends have made comments about finding Interference...they all know about it since I travel with Kariann and Schmeg all the time. So I decided since it would be obvious to my family if they saw arw9797 as someone's user name that that's me so I opened up a journal only user name about a year and a half ago instead of having one under arw9797. :D

U2Man said:

Is that even legal? How did they get in? Did they break in...or did someone have a key?

No they had a key, they were allowed to enter if it was an emergency situation. I guess they deemed it as one.

And did I mention that the mini fahs started Soccer camp today and the youngest one got sick while she was there. The poor little thing is now lying on her bed being very quiet ~ not like her at all. I think she may have caught a bit of a flu bug from her oldest sister.

Did I mention it's hot :|

Blue Room said:

No they had a key, they were allowed to enter if it was an emergency situation. I guess they deemed it as one.

Was it an owner-occupied apartment? Sorry for asking :reject:

fah said:
:shifty:

I am letting the mini fahs use their Whamo Slip N Slide as it is so hot.

I hope the water police don't catch me

:shifty:

The slip and slide!!!!! I had one of those as a munchkin. I slid right off it and got a fun grass burn............good times.:D

mini fah being sick........:( Hope she feels better soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom