The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #321
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
I'm home from Brazenhead so be forwarned...as I am a bit tipsy from a few pints fo the Johnny Jump Up!

Did you have a good time with CF?
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #322
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



Did you have a good time with CF?
It wasnt bad...just us. I talked about Ireland and she was cool with it. It was ok. I really miss Ireland again though...more so than after the Irish festival.
__________________

Kariann is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
the place I'm on is religion specific although I'm not a religious person in anyway.
Thats cool, hopefully there are more decent guys there for you to chose from. Hopefully being a religious one they will have some values and scruples. Some of the free for all sites can have some real losers, like Yahoo Personals
Blue Room is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #324
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
A guy I work with is getting married in two weeks and he met his future wife on eharmony. So I guess it works sometimes, although, I think that particular site is people looking to get married. So maybe its more apt to happen there.
A woman I work with was widowed for two years before she decided to get back into dating. She met her current boyfriend through eharmony and they've been together over a year.


What about guys you've had a good time with yet they don't call you until 3 weeks have passed and leave a voicemail to go out? (This is "Edge" guy we're talking about...) Not even a "hey, it was nice to meet you" e-mail or call within the week afterwards.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:42 PM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



Yep. I just said hi and my name and gave him my email. I used to have in my profile that I'm a U2 fan so I would get all sorts of emails asking me what my favorite song is Last week a guy emailed me and all he said was did you have fun on your last trip since I have that I travel a lot. It's very awkward to me too. I've gone out on a few dates. Two of my cousins met their current boyfriends on this site and from what everyone in the family says both of these boys will be part of the family soon. So I guess it works for some people. I must not be cute enough because no one ever looks at my profile
I was talking to CF about the dating site thing tonight and if she's met boys with hers then you should have some success at some point because you are just as cute.
Kariann is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


A woman I work with was widowed for two years before she decided to get back into dating. She met her current boyfriend through eharmony and they've been together over a year.


What about guys you've had a good time with yet they don't call you until 3 weeks have passed and leave a voicemail to go out? (This is "Edge" guy we're talking about...) Not even a "hey, it was nice to meet you" e-mail or call within the week afterwards.
I just want to meet a boy...heck I just want to flirt with a boy.
Kariann is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


What about guys you've had a good time with yet they don't call you until 3 weeks have passed and leave a voicemail to go out? (This is "Edge" guy we're talking about...) Not even a "hey, it was nice to meet you" e-mail or call within the week afterwards.
I would say its a sign he has issues or isnt ready to date. Either way I dont think its a good thing. One of the things about dating that stinks. The mind games, I hate it. Is he or she interested? Should I call? When will they call? Do I look desparate? etc, etc..................
Blue Room is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann


heck I just want to flirt with a boy.
Blue Room is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #329
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann


I was talking to CF about the dating site thing tonight and if she's met boys with hers then you should have some success at some point because you are just as cute.
I've seen her picture. I though you'd say that I was cuter
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Of course the night I get to go out and make myself look really good it's a slow night at the ole pub.
Kariann is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #331
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Thats cool, hopefully there are more decent guys there for you to chose from. Hopefully being a religious one they will have some values and scruples. Some of the free for all sites can have some real losers, like Yahoo Personals

Jewish mothers are relentless. They don't stop until all of their children are married. So I think everyone on that site is afraid of their mothers and are on their because of them! Most of the guys on that place are really looking to settle down more than anything. So that is one nice thing but it's also bad because everyone has been around the block a lot and are so set in their ways. They think someones tiny little profile gives them enough info about that person for them to determine that they're not interested.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #332
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 07:53 AM


Don't ask.

Hi, everyone!
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann


I just want to meet a boy...heck I just want to flirt with a boy.
Join the club!
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



Jewish mothers are relentless. They don't stop until all of their children are married. So I think everyone on that site is afraid of their mothers and are on their because of them! Most of the guys on that place are really looking to settle down more than anything. So that is one nice thing but it's also bad because everyone has been around the block a lot and are so set in their ways. They think someones tiny little profile gives them enough info about that person for them to determine that they're not interested.
Ah, is that what you are looking to do though? If so, thats great! Good luck with it!
Blue Room is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #335
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797


I've seen her picture. I though you'd say that I was cuter

I said you were just as cute...meaning you were cuter! I guess I didnt word that right.
Kariann is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #336
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
Of course the night I get to go out and make myself look really good it's a slow night at the ole pub.

Either that or, in my case, every girl with a perfect body and the skankiest clothes decides to go to the same bar I'm at. I HATE that.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #337
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


I would say its a sign he has issues or isnt ready to date. Either way I dont think its a good thing. One of the things about dating that stinks. The mind games, I hate it. Is he or she interested? Should I call? When will they call? Do I look desparate? etc, etc..................

I'd say so, lol. I'm just glad that I didn't come away from it as liking him as more than a potential friend, but, hell, even friends tell you the next day if they had a good time with you!


Oh, well... Time to focus on the musician and the quiet boy now.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel



Either that or, in my case, every girl with a perfect body and the skankiest clothes decides to go to the same bar I'm at. I HATE that.
Or the cute guy you meet turns out to be your little brother's age and that's just weird, no matter what your friends tell you. But then you read He's Just Not That Into You and you find out that since he didn't ask for your number, he wasn't realyl interested anyway.
Schmeg is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #339
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Question for you girls.

Do you think the bar is a good place to meet someone? Its the cliche' to say you wont meet a good person at the bar but do you think that is really true? I hardly ever go to the bar any longer, maybe thats why I dont meet anyone.
Blue Room is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #340
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Ah, is that what you are looking to do though? If so, thats great! Good luck with it!

I'm not looking to just find a date. I'd like to find somone to settle down with. I'm very much ready for that in my life. I just need to find someone and although I have no interest in the religion I was brought up in I have less interest in any other religion so I figure I would just stick to what I know. Whoever I find will have to just accept the fact that I'm not interested in "our" religion and if we have kids it'll be their responsibility to teach or not teach our kids about religion because I personally could care less about it.
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×