The truth is out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lived for those moments.

:reject:

Have you guys seen the blooper reels? I have a really ratty VHS copy of them, and am waiting for my dad to transfer them to DVD. I wonder if they're on YouTube...

corianderstem said:
I lived for those moments.

:reject:

Have you guys seen the blooper reels? I have a really ratty VHS copy of them, and am waiting for my dad to transfer them to DVD. I wonder if they're on YouTube...

Bloopers??? I don't remember if I've seen these or not! Tell me more!

There were blooper reels put together for the first 5 or so seasons, put together by the crew to show at the wrap party.

Naturally, copies leaked and were sometimes found on eBay. I have a copy from a fellow XF geek. A lot of them are pretty funny. Gillian Anderson has many giggle fits, both Duchovny and Anderson and Pileggi and Lea (Skinner and Krycek) have dirty minds. :sexy wink:

A-ha! Some of them are on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=x-files+bloopers

Some are the clips are straight up from the originals, it looks like, but anything you see with techo music playing over it were created elsewhere, is my guess.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
There were blooper reels put together for the first 5 or so seasons, put together by the crew to show at the wrap party.

Naturally, copies leaked and were sometimes found on eBay. I have a copy from a fellow XF geek. A lot of them are pretty funny. Gillian Anderson has many giggle fits, both Duchovny and Anderson and Pileggi and Lea (Skinner and Krycek) have dirty minds. :sexy wink:

A-ha! Some of them are on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=x-files+bloopers

Some are the clips are straight up from the originals, it looks like, but anything you see with techo music playing over it were created elsewhere, is my guess.

:lol: I remember when she ate the bee in Humbug. I can't remember if that was supposed to happen or not, but they kept it.

GA is awesome. I bet she would be someone fun to have a few drinks with.

I think she's an excellent actress (did you see her in House of Mirth? Damn, she was awesome), but she always bugged me on talk shows and whatnot. She always seemed really ditzy, and it bugged me. Then she moved to London, went blonde, started talking in a Madonna-ish English accent, and got way too skinny.

Then again, I like to think the contrast between the awesome Scully and the ditzy Gillian just was evidence of how good an actress she was. :wink:

corianderstem said:
I think she's an excellent actress (did you see her in House of Mirth? Damn, she was awesome), but she always bugged me on talk shows and whatnot. She always seemed really ditzy, and it bugged me. Then she moved to London, went blonde, started talking in a Madonna-ish English accent, and got way too skinny.

She did WHAT? :shocked: Wow I have been out of the loop! I had no idea. I probably wouldn't even recognize her.

She was blonde for a while, and joined the ranks of the too-skinny for a while.

I haven't seen a pic for a while, but she recently had another baby, so I'm not sure what she looks like these days. :shrug:

I don't know what David's been up to. He's been quiet lately.

corianderstem said:
She was blonde for a while, and joined the ranks of the too-skinny for a while.

I haven't seen a pic for a while, but she recently had another baby, so I'm not sure what she looks like these days. :shrug:

I don't know what David's been up to. He's been quiet lately.

Last I heard of him, he and Tea weren't too found of their new neighbors, Britney Spears and her then husband.

redhotswami said:
oh my dear, let me refresh your memory

david-duchovny-11.jpg

:drool::combust::faint:

I was an X Phile. :love:

I had loadsa books, the little cards with all the episodes on and i was still in high school. THe X Files. :heart: CC for ruining the last few sesaons. :madwife:

I'm a fan too :hyper:

It was easy to be a fan when you lived in the town where the show was being filmed ALL THE TIME!!!

I have fond memories of driving past 11th and St Andrews where X Files was filming and there was David Duchovny standing on the corner in his trenchcoat. The third time I drove by ~ he waved at me :giggle:

fah said:
I'm a fan too :hyper:

It was easy to be a fan when you lived in the town where the show was being filmed ALL THE TIME!!!

I have fond memories of driving past 11th and St Andrews where X Files was filming and there was David Duchovny standing on the corner in his trenchcoat. The third time I drove by ~ he waved at me :giggle:

:giggle:

Am so jealous. :faint::combust:

I used to ask my mu if we could move to Vancouver. :lmao:

I JUST FINISHED! I JUST FINISHED! It's sooo late, but I just finished the very last episode of "X-Files". YAY!

I haven't read this thread because I didn't want any spoilers, but now there's nothing left to be spoiled.

I never watched this show in its original run, except for a few episodes here and there at my friends' house and the X-Files movie with my friends when it came out in theaters. But I was unemployed for a month last July-August and my friend loaned me the first 3 seasons to alleviate my boredom, and I just got HOOKED!

So, 9 seasons from about end of July '06 to February '07. Not too bad. (Once I became employed again, my "X-File" viewing time was severely cut into :mad: )

I still need to digest "The Truth", not sure how I feel about it. Although, I did REALLY love the last scene with just Mulder and Scully in the hotel room, as I've always loved the show best when it was just the two of them talking and having a great scene together.

Wow. Now what do I do? Tomorrow there will be a HUGE X-File void in my life. :sad:

I guess I can start by reading all 10 pages of this thread! :wink:

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I saw the whole series in a span of 7 months, but everyone is so down on the later seasons, and I kind of like them.

Actually, I find I like the even numbered seasons the most. Season 4 is DEFINITELY the best. But I actually really liked Season 8. I thought it gave the show a needed, refreshing kick . . . . something different. Season 7 was just kind of getting too much of the same 'ol, same 'ol, and Season 7 had the worst season openers ever! Those dumbass "Sixth Extinction" and "Sixth Extinction II". Those episodes were just lame.

However, I thought Season 8 did a really great job. The Season 8 openers "Within" and "Without", were in my humble opinion, two of the best season openers of the whole series. And Season 8 also did a really great job of keeping Mulder in the storyline, even though DD was only in about 1/2 the episodes, and gone for the good middle chunk. And Doggett definitely gets my respect. :up: I really liked his character a lot.

I don't know if I could pick a favorite episode. There were so many that I absolutely LOVED! The one that did scare the crap out of me was "Sanguinarium", in the beginning where that plastic surgeon just goes all agro with the liposuction hose. :no: *shivers* *chills*

That is interesting that you liked the last seasons! Myself and my friends kind of actually lost interest in it by then. Perhaps that is because we were total "shippers", and there isn't much shippiness happening when Mulder is out of the picture.
I, personally, thought Chris Carter was wrong. He said the show was focused on the X-Files themselves. But my friends and I believed it was centered around Mulder & Scully's relationship.

By the way, nice Sig!!

Well, to be fair, I REALLY liked Season 8, but I thought Season 9 was just ok, not great, but not bad either.

As for "shippers", I'd never heard that term before, but I would think that Season 8 would be a decent "shippers" season because it REALLY underscored how much Mulder meant to Scully and basically where she realizes (but doesn't vocalize) that she loves him. I mean, there's so much longing and sadness and loss on her part in Season 8, I think it really highlights the relationship rather than detract from it. Especially "This Is Not Happening" and the surrounding episodes, like "Deadalive". Those are GREAT "shippers" episodes.

Ok Fitz now you have me wanting to go back and watch Season 8 all over again :angry: :wink: I really do need to start buying the seasons on dvd.

I got my X-Files fill yesterday when they ran a bunch of episodes on Sci-Fi channel. DD certainly helped me fight the virus that I was suffering from :giggle:

BonosBaby12 said:
Ok Fitz now you have me wanting to go back and watch Season 8 all over again :angry: :wink:

Season 8 also has that fantastically gross episode where the dead Native American "eats" people's sickenss and then regurgitates them all cured. :sick:

I think 2, 4, 6 and 8 were my favorite seasons.

If they went to Season 10 it would've been GREAT!!!!

:laugh:

you know....i don't know if i ever actually saw a season 8 episode now that i think about it.

so you didn't like Season 3 Fitz??? Omg I'm all about some Colony/End Game :drool: I used to know the dialogue by heart.

OMG! I just realized...I'm visiting my parents this weekend. I can get my Mulder & Scully action figures and totally create a new movie like Beav wanted!!! :hyper: I shall do some excavating tomorrow in search of the gold!

Back
Top Bottom