The truth is out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

What? You mean you didn't like the explanation that Samantha had become starlight? It's perfectly sensible! Come on, you're an idiot if you can't buy that!

Right? Right?

I really hope someone smacked Chris Carter up the damn head for that one. STARLIGHT. I mean, I mean .... STARLIGHT!!!!

That all being said, that scene with Moby playing in the background makes me cry anyway, even though it's STARLIGHT and so freaking ridiculous.

(and on the other hand, at least it finally wrapped up the Samantha story ... that is, if you can buy freaking STARLIGHT as the explanation.)

:lol: omg starlight!!! hahahaha yeah that man needed to be smacked...because he was obviously on smack when he wrote that!

i_want_to_believe-web.jpg

Oh how I wish they never moved from British Colombia to Los Angeles. Another reason why I don't like L.A. It ruined X-Files!!!!:mad:

I used to stalk the store whenever a new tv guide came out with an X-Files cover :lol:

Justin I agree that the show went downhill when it left BC. The whole atmosphere in the LA setting just didn't work :no:

redhotswami said:
I had the magazine with that picture!!! There's also a great one of GA licking DD's face...the cover of Entertainment I believe.

I'm embarrassed to admit I know this, but it was US magazine, before it became US Weekly. That issue had awesome pictures. :drool:

Remember the Rolling STone cover with them in bed together? Oh man, that was, like, so HAWT!

My roommate at the time was a huge XF fan as well as a shipper, and when I came home to find that in my mailbox, I immediately called her at work to tell her about it. Much shrieking ensued. :lol:

Your Welcome. I had this issue. I love Gillian Anderson. Only if they had replied to me sending my mug for a small part or walk on, I would have been happy, knowing I was in the X-files.

I might splurge and buy 2-6 seasons cause I already have season 1.

:lol: Justin, I remember that episode. I think it is on YouTube!

Mia, I got the Hot one. I remember it was tough deciding which to get, so I choose the one with his real name signed on the cover.

[edit] Miscellanea
In order to meet Wikipedia's quality standards, this article's trivia section requires cleanup.
Content in the trivia section should be integrated into other appropriate areas of the article.
The controversial and violent episode "Home", which featured a story about a family that has been inbred to almost proto-human levels of development, was kept out of syndication for three years after its initial airing.
Creator Chris Carter's birthday is October 13, thus the frequent references to the number 1013 on the show and the reason Fox Mulder's birthday is also October 13. It is the name of Carter's production company, Ten Thirteen Productions. The number 1121, and especially the time 11:21 PM, also appears regularly on The X-Files, particularly in the early seasons. This is a reference by Chris Carter to his wife Dori's birthday, November 21.
Quentin Tarantino was offered the chance to direct an episode of The X-Files but was ultimately not allowed to because he was not a member of the DGA[18].
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been referenced multiple times in the show's history. Such references include Mulder's apartment number being forty-two and his seeing the movie Plan 9 from Outer Space forty-two times.

Justin24 said:

I liked it alot Carmel! :)

Cool Fun Fact Justin! I never knew that was Fox Mulder's birthday let alone why. I also heard that Mulder and Scully where named after some of CC relitives and friends. I was trying to find out if it was fact or not.

Carmelu2fan said:

Cool Fun Fact Justin! I never knew that was Fox Mulder's birthday let alone why. I also heard that Mulder and Scully where named after some of CC relitives and friends. I was trying to find out if it was fact or not.

I'm not sure about the last name "Mulder," but Chris Carter has said he knew a kid growing up named "Fox," and he thought it was cool.

As for Scully, she's named after the baseball announcer (Dodgers?) named Vin Scully. It gets a shout-out in the uber-creepy and uber-awesome episode "Irresistable" (Donnie Pfaster! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!), when someone says something like "Her name was Scully ... like the baseball announcer."

corianderstem said:

I'm not sure about the last name "Mulder," but Chris Carter has said he knew a kid growing up named "Fox," and he thought it was cool.

As for Scully, she's named after the baseball announcer (Dodgers?) named Vin Scully. It gets a shout-out in the uber-creepy and uber-awesome episode "Irresistable" (Donnie Pfaster! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!), when someone says something like "Her name was Scully ... like the baseball announcer."

OMG Irresistable was sooooooooo creepy! That guy came back again for another episode, didn't he?

Yeah, in the 6th or 7th season (I'm blanking on the episode name). Naturally, they screwed it up and made him out to be some sort of demon-related guy after all, instead of the much-scarier real life monster.

And then Scully shot him at the end, arguably in cold blood, and they never mentioned it again.

:tears hear out in rage over Chris Carter screwing up our favorite show:

okay okay we can fix this. uber had the right idea. lets work on a script, and i'll go digging for my mulder and scully action figures! i also have various dragon ball z and sailor moon figures, so they can make new friends if need be!

corianderstem said:

Very nice cori, I aked my bro who is a baseball fan and his name is Vince Scully:up:

Donnie Pfaster:yikes:

Mia -he was the one that had a thing for washing his victims hair and nails - he collected them:sick:

Last edited:
And then he came after Scully because her pretty, shiny hair!

"There's nowhere to hide, girly-girl."

He was an awesome villain.

Back
Top Bottom