The truth is out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosBaby12 said:
It was called "Home" :yes:

I still have nightmares about that episode. The inbreeding farm dwellers:yikes:

" The truth is out there"

Fun fact: The X-Files just lost it's title for longest running sci-fi to Stargate last year.

corianderstem said:
Hi, I used to be a gigantic X-Files dork. I even wrote fanfic, thankyouverymuch.

I'm still too bitter about what Chris Carter did to my show to go back and watch the reruns, although I own the DVDs all the way through season 7.

I thought season 7 was really good, and if only they had ended it thirty seconds before they did, it would have been so much better. Mulder's gone, Scully's NOT pregnant (goddamnit!), and they can go find Mulder in an X-Files movie.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they had to knock Scully up and make it some kind of goddamned miracle alien hybrid baby that she just gave up for adoption anyway, like she would REALLY believe that ANYONE ANYWHERE could keep her baby safe ...

Um ... I'm sorry. I got carried away.

Yes. Still bitter. :wink:

i also had trouble with the liquid terminator working with scully. i did appreciate the flip, how he was the skeptic and she became the believer. but that's all i really liked about that season. i was soooooo afraid that she would pick up a carton of milk and his arms would turn into daggers and he'd kill her!

My love for this show comes in spurts. The first was when it was still airing new episodes, and I'd catch them every Sunday night. The second came a few years ago, when they'd air double shots on the Space Channel. Now I'm in my third obsession phase. I've got the first three seasons (my brother and sister-in-law have them too :cool: ), and I've just finished watching the episode called "Eve".

I've forgotten most of the episodes, so it's kind of fun to rediscover them. My only complaints so far are with the character of Deep Throat, and the "Space" episode. :reject:

maro_chik said:
My love for this show comes in spurts. The first was when it was still airing new episodes, and I'd catch them every Sunday night. The second came a few years ago, when they'd air double shots on the Space Channel. Now I'm in my third obsession phase. I've got the first three seasons (my brother and sister-in-law have them too :cool: ), and I've just finished watching the episode called "Eve".

I've forgotten most of the episodes, so it's kind of fun to rediscover them. My only complaints so far are with the character of Deep Throat, and the "Space" episode. :reject:

:lol: I am with you on that one. The Space episode was by far one of the worst!!!

CC to me just lost the light and while doing that he broke many fan's hearts. Absolutely ridiculous with what direction he started taking with a show that had it all!

Btw I think I heard not long ago that there is talk of another X-Files movie.....

redhotswami said:

i also had trouble with the liquid terminator working with scully. i did appreciate the flip, how he was the skeptic and she became the believer. but that's all i really liked about that season. i was soooooo afraid that she would pick up a carton of milk and his arms would turn into daggers and he'd kill her!

:lol:

There were one or two times where he was chasing after someone and I totally flashed back to the liquid terminator, where he'd chase down the car with that steely determination.

I actually kind of liked poor old Doggett. It was that awful Monica Reyes who made me want to vomit. Her character was far too annoying.

BonosBaby12 said:
CC to me just lost the light and while doing that he broke many fan's hearts. Absolutely ridiculous with what direction he started taking with a show that had it all!

Btw I think I heard not long ago that there is talk of another X-Files movie.....

Yeah, he actually said that the fans care about the x-files more than they do the characters. :tsk: how wrong he was!

i heard about the movie too. but i guess it isn't happening. i haven't heard anything in awhile.

BonosBaby12 said:
To me one of the best shows ever was "One Breath". Even today I have trouble watching it without crying some. The side of Mulder that they showed just made you root for him even more.

aaaaaannnnnngsttt!!! that episode was dripping with it!!! :love:

UberBeaver said:
I was way into the XFiles for a bit, but then I kinda got so lost and confused I stopped watching. Sometime around when the movie came out, I guess.

that's fine Beav! i didn't care much for post-movie seasons either. the writing fell to crap.

Angst. :drool:

I thought the movie was loads of fun. The almost-kiss! Seeing Mulder and Scully on a giant screen! Oh, they were so pretty. :love:

redhotswami said:

I have the action figures and a camera. We can make this happen!!!

If we have the action figures, and we read and wrote the fanfic, we can make our own XF movie (or at least a really cool YouTube video)! And make it better than CC ever could! :wink:

Yes, I'm yet another XF geek. :shh:

Last edited:
jobob said:

If we have the action figures, and we read and wrote the fanfic, we can make our own XF movie (or at least a really cool YouTube video)! And make it better than CC ever could! :wink:

Yes, I'm yet another XF geek. :shh:

Welcome to our lair :sexywink: Btw I love your idea! :hyper:

Oh that almost-kiss had me feeling so many emotions! lol

I loved The X-Files, especially the Lone Gunmen.

There are still rumors of another X-Files movie too.

PS - No Star Trek series has ran over 7 years, the franchise as a whole has been around for 40 years

The Original Series: 3 seasons (1966-1969)
The Next Generation: 7 seasons (1987-1994)
Deep Space Nine: 7 seasons (1993-1999)
Voyager: 7 seasons (1995-2002)
Enterprise: 4 seasons (2001-2005)

How'd I miss this thread? TXF is probably my favorite show. I was a fan ever since Season 6 (after seeing "Monday") and it was the first fandom I ever got into online (with the message boards, fan art, etc). Unfortunately, that was right before S9 hit, so it was pretty much a civil war when it came to the fans. lol.

Did any of you ever visit "The Haven"? .... :reject: Sometimes I miss battling the trolls there. :wink:

redhotswami said:

I have the action figures and a camera. We can make this happen!!!

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

My Favorite show of all fucking time. My friend still calls me Mulder and I call him Alex (Alex Crychek) I really miss the show. I went to an X-files convention when the show had first started and I was in Heaven!
I brought a gift for Chris Carter, unfortunatly I had to hand it over to the assistant to give to him. But I did get a letter in the mail a month later from him, asking if i could send in a head shot as to possibly appear in an episode and that he loved the gift!! Also at the convention was Doug Hutchison who played Eugene Victor Tooms (he also was in The Green Mile). Really cool guy, I am guessing this was one of his first acting gigs being on the X-files. He gave my friend and I his cell # his e-mail and said if we ever wanted to hang out just drop a line. I lost the number and e-mail.

My favorite episode is The Blessing Way.

I am SUCH an X-Phile! I watched it until Mulder disappeared which conveniently happened when I went away to college. I really haven't seen many of the last episodes, though I do catch them

What I loved about the X-Files was the conspiracy! I was always excited when they'd throw another piece of the puzzle out there... even when they'd yank another piece away. It felt like being in a secret club to know who the CSM was and what he was planning. There were even a few times when they revealed Krychek behind a plot or something and I would actually yell "It's Krychek!" at the tv... lol To this day, when I see that actor I call him Krychek. He appeared in CSI awhile back as the love interest of one of the characters and I was like "Don't go with him! It's Krychek!" :lmao:

And I love the idea for the ultimate scifi flick involving the greatest shows ever produced! (UberBeaver, Krychek as a Cylon is BRILLIANT :lol: )

My favorite line ever is during the episode where Mulder and Scully go undercover in that gated community as Rob and Laura Petrie and they're setting up house and Scully starts to walk away from Mulder and he goes (in a really hick voice) "Woman! Get back in here and make me a sandwich."

But perhaps my favorite episode ever is "Bad Blood" when Mulder and Scully tell about the vampires from their different points of view... so funny!

Back
Top Bottom