The Torn Up Credit Card Application

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tear them up and then place the remains in different trash cans; sometimes I leave half the application for the next week's trash but honestly, I don't think that many bunco artists hang out at the dump trying to put those applications back together...:shrug:

I sometimes take the whole thing, stuff everything back in the pre-paid envelope they send me, and send the whole thing back to them.

trevster2k said:
I sometimes take the whole thing, stuff everything back in the pre-paid envelope they send me, and send the whole thing back to them.

:applaud: This is a great idea for everyone to do! I do this! And they get stuck paying postage on each of the SASE envelopes!

I hate junk mail, it is so wasteful. I also don't like leaving anything like this even if ripped up in my trash cuz the beach community where I live there are people who go through the trash cans all the time.

i shred all my mail because shredding is fun :drool:

another thing i hate is that credit card companies put your entire account number on your bill. you'd think they'd do more to protect your identity than just charging you a monthly fee to monitor this shit since if someone does steal it, they'll have to eat any fraudulent charges. :shrug:

Achtung_Bebe said:
Wow! I don't take nearly enough care in destroying these applications :uhoh:
Me either. :uhoh: I don't even open them, I just throw them out.

shari schultz said:
:ohmy:

shred, shred, shred.........:drool:
Note to self: Buy a shredder.

If my address is changing soon, maybe they won't find me for more junk mail/steal my identity! :hyper:

Schmeg said:

Note to self: Buy a shredder.

If my address is changing soon, maybe they won't find me for more junk mail/steal my identity! :hyper:

1) One of my profs is constantly telling us we all HAVE to get shredders. Her identity was forged based on CC apps so now she's so paranoid she tells every student.

2) For a while, you won't get as much, but they still send it to your old address, so that's scary too. I get mail every day from a dozen girls that used to live in this house at one time or another. All of my junk mail ends up at my parents house.

Seriously, I think junk snail mail should be illegal or punishable. We've got the Do Not Call list and now laws about cyberspam, why not direct mail?

bonosgirl84 said:
Sorry, WHEN my address changes.

The if was referring more to junk mailers and identity theives.

I'll be more specific next time! :happy:

HBS-2.jpg

:whistle: :shifty:

I was gonna include a picture of a dude in a leopard thong... but they scared me :no:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom