The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
06pc1010.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i must say, oakland's "marco... scutaro..." chant is quite funny.

:lmao:

I was thinking the same thing!

The Tigers really need to do a better job getting that lead off game. They dodged major bullets tonight, but we can't expect the A's to hit that poorly the whole series.

Let's go Justin.

On a seperate note, am I the only one that expects Verlander to take two steps back next year because of all the innings he has thrown this year? I don't think he will be terrible, but like the White Sox pitchers this year, I can easily see him struggling with consistency next year...

CHICAGO (AP) -- The White Sox will start weeknight home games at 7:11 p.m. as part of a sponsorship deal with the 7-Eleven convenience store chain.

White Sox spokesman Scott Reifert would not disclose the value of the three-year deal with the Dallas company Wednesday but said the revenue probably will be reinvested in the team or ballpark.

and here we thought joe torre was a sell out for his iPod deal :tsk:

i think the whole series depends on if the cardinals can win 1 of the first 2 on the road

if they do, its a best of 5 game series, with st louis having homefield advantage and Carpenter in line to pitch 2 of those games

id definitely take my chances with that

if the cards lose both in NY to start the series, then it will look grim

chizip - i hope carpenter likes pitching in cold rainy weather - it's gonna be a typical mid october night in Flushing.

msnbc reporting the mets-cardinals game tonight has been postponed due to weather

and with todays events, it may be for the best

well Keith Olbermann reported it on the radio, it appears he may have jumped the gun a bit, but still appears pretty likely it will be called

Considering the plane was registered to him, its safe to assume he was piloting. Prayers to his family, they can't contact them because they're on another flight.

Since the NL game is rained out, enjoy the AL one.

mike and the mad dog are at shea right now and they've yet to get an official word and they're on the Mets radio network, and SNY NY, the mets TV network, has yet to make an announcement either... but i can tell ya it's absolutely pouring here right now and i don't see how they could ever play this game with the weather the way it is.

this means there will be 5 games in a row

the Cardinals only have 4 starters on their roster, and I'm guessing the Mets do too

which means someone has to start game 5 on short rest, or have it be a bullpen game. should be interesting

i just hope they make the decision soon 'cause it's an absolute nightmare trying to get into that stadium these days with half the parking lot closed because of the new stadium construction... if they know they're gonna cancel it, do it now so that these people don't battle the traffic all that way just to turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom