The thread where we list bands lamer than Status Quo (if that is even possible)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Gin Blossoms

Underated band. Such amazing melodies and hooks.

And I can't understand how Coldplay are "lame", they don't conform to a particular image and just go about making the music they want to make.

And I can't understand how Coldplay are "lame", they don't conform to a particular image and just go about making the music they want to make.

As a human being you must understand that anybody can have whatever opinion they want.

And anyway, Coldplay are lame!

cinnaminson said:
It's not called pasty, it's called pale and interesting. That's what I tell myself and I'm sticking to it. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now I feel sad. :(

I think I saw a pic of you in the IF pic thread and yeah you have very fair skin, but I wouldn't call you pasty. Think of how people would look if they had been buried alive for six or so months. That's what I think of when I say pasty. :)

Theory of a Deadman. :yuck:

If you live in Canada, you know who they are. The only thing lamer than Nickleback is a band that tries to imitate Nickelback.

intedomine said:

Two words:

Fix You.

They're lame. They've always been lame. Now they're lame and they suck.

And I can't understand how Coldplay are "lame", they don't conform to a particular image and just go about making the music they want to make. Lamely!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

intedomine said:

Underated band. Such amazing melodies and hooks.

Shouldn't any band do that?

angelordevil said:
You might like this...my favourite version of 2+2=5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D533n_k11oA&feature=related :drool:

And Bodysnatchers! :rockon: The kid should cover the entire album.

I finally looked up a Status Quo video on youtube. :yikes:

Just not my cup of tea I suppose. Most of their songs, to me, sound like partially finished songs that were dragged out by the lead singer wailing. He wails too much. Paranoid Android is dragged out too much, but I still like it for the high quality redeeming parts it has.

phillyfan26 said:

Just not my cup of tea I suppose. Most of their songs, to me, sound like partially finished songs that were dragged out by the lead singer wailing. He wails to much. Paranoid Android is dragged out too much, but I still like it for the high quality redeeming parts it has.

Let Down is dragged out by wailing?

No Surprises is dragged out by wailing?

The Bends is dragged out by wailing?

I've not heard those songs. I've listened now to Paranoid Android, Fake Plastic Trees, Idioteque, 2+2=5, and Creep. Only the first one appealed to me. From what I know, the other four are also very popular songs of theirs.

That explains everything then.

2+2=5 sucks, Radiohead themselves have disowned Creep, and Idioteque probably just wouldn't be up your alley. I can't explain FPT though...I thought everybody loved that song. :sad:

I'll give it another listen, but it hasn't struck anything in my first few.

I'll look into those other ones.

No Surprises is the perfect pop song, and I think xavi's head explodes every time Let Down is played somewhere in the nation.

Our musical tastes aren't all that different, and I consider OK Computer to be the best album of the last 30 years. Can't see you hating it.

Fake Plastic Trees still isn't hitting me the way it hits others.

Let Down and Weird Fishes/Arpeggi are good.

Your opinion doesn't count because you made a thread about "Hey There Delilah."

Your opinion doesn't count because you brought up something totally unrelated.

It's not that I "hate" Reckoner. It's just soooooo boring. :crack:

:mad:

And you brought it into the Floyd thread. This is getting out of hand.

phillyfan26 said:
Your opinion doesn't count because you made a thread about "Hey There Delilah."

Anybody who makes a thread about that should be banned. Even if it's a thread to bash it. No forum deserves to suffer a thread dedicated to that sack of crap.

I'm shocked that in a thread like this, nobody, in EIGHT pages, has once mentioned Creed.

And now that I have, this thread has achieved its purpose.

DaveC said:
I'm shocked that in a thread like this, nobody, in EIGHT pages, has once mentioned Creed.

And now that I have, this thread has achieved its purpose.

YLB mentioned them pages ago.

Back
Top Bottom