The things in sports that you absolutely hate the most...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm:

I don't really know.

I like the NBA's new dresscode, but I don't think someone should be fined for wearing a suite and sneakers.

I suppose what most irratates me is people who call themselves fans, yet are openly overtly unhappy with their team, and take rips at them whenever they can, using all the elements of the past to prove tiny points, probably in an effort to boost their low self eseteem or something. Being a Nebraska fan, some of the..... "resistance" members are annoying. It's bad, because, I know they love their team, but what comes out is constant whining and complaining :shrug:

Having good, level announcers is awesome.
Having unlelve, baised, announcers is horrible and unentertaining

I never really understood the "possesion arrow".......

During halftime shows, it would be nice to see the college bands play at least sometime. That would help get into the games atmosphere, and less coperate commercial halftimes. I mean, I know that is a very lofty wish, but..... oh well.

Oh yeah.....................

how could I forget:

USA football games, in december and january, NOT being played in snow. That's how football was back in the old days. And I'm damn tired of the BSC bowls being held in the southernmost 1/5 of the country. That's incredibly unfair to the northern teams. I mean, even if they had to put them in domes up north, I'm sure they'd be able to do it. IF they wanted to. But there's no reason to, $$$$$$$ is the easiest way to go. :blahblah: So yeah, I don't like that. Warm weather teams I can tolerate, sure. But not warm weather bowl games.

Bunch of pansies, if you ask me.

I don't think any players should have a dress code, as long as they are not nude! It is so STUPID to make them wear suits, they are not businessmen, they are ball players! WTF difference does it make what they wear on the plane? Does anybody really sit there and think 'I am properly dressed therefore I will be very professional and businesslike and have a proper game.' Bullshit! He's just thinking, damn this tie hurts, why do I have to wear this and then go put on pads and a shirt with a number? It makes no difference what they wear once the game starts the uniform is the only thing. But then again I don't even think businessmen should be forced to wear suits.

I don't mind the dress code. It won't kill them to dress like the professionals they are. :shrug:

And douchebaggery is a fantastic use of the word! :heart:

I hate when baseball coaches/managers yell at the umps. It does nothing for me. I know they have to do it...fighting for their guy...:blahblah:...But they never change their mind and call they guys safe/out. :grumpy:

The only think I enjoy is reading their lips to see what sort of creative names they call each other.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I don't mind the dress code. It won't kill them to dress like the professionals they are. :shrug:

And douchebaggery is a fantastic use of the word! :heart:

I hate when baseball coaches/managers yell at the umps. It does nothing for me. I know they have to do it...fighting for their guy...:blahblah:...But they never change their mind and call they guys safe/out. :grumpy:

The only think I enjoy is reading their lips to see what sort of creative names they call each other.

I agree with all of that.

Especially about Proffesional sports players, and how they should dress like Professionals. I mean, I'm all for indivituality, be you, Dr Pepper, whatever....... but.... If you're getting paid to play a game, there should be a certain amount of class and respect that goes with it. It shouldn't always be about "what I want".

There are other players and situations this reminds me of, but I don't want to get into it.

When while you're watching a football game, you come back from a commercial break to watch the kickoff, then go back to another commercial break.

They are professional BALL PLAYERS, not businessmen. It is a sad hangup of society that a person isn't worth anything if they don't wear a suit. It's really kind of stupid when you think about it, and very much a way to stereotype people. I guess I'm just a rebel, but I'm proud. I'll never think any more of someone for wearing a suit. Some of the biggest crooks in the world wear suits and cover their ways with a fake smile and handshake. I'll take an honest man in what he chooses to wear any day. You are what you are on the inside, no clothes is going to change that. I can't believe here in the 21st century anyone still judges anyone's quality by their clothes.

People playing cards on ESPN and other networks.

there's excitement for ya'.

I wonder what the over/under is for the number of of "professionial" poker players who still live w/ Mommy and Dad?

WildHoneyAlways said:

I'll be sure to use that one on my boss when I wear a track suit to work. :|

exactly.

first... every one of these guys who went to college to play basketball had some sort of strict dress code that they had to adhere to for any and all team functions... in many cases, these dress codes are twice as strict as what the nba put in place. so it's not like they aren't used to it...

second... the word professional immediately cancels all "they're just ball players" nonsense. this is their job... all be it one hell of a job. i have a job... i don't consider myself to be a "businessman," yet i still have a certain dress code to which i have to adhere to. if i don't follow it, i get fired.

professional sports is big business. it's sad, but very much true. anyone who denys this fact is simply living in a dream world.

Here's another thing that I loathe. College basketball student cheering sections. :angry: Can't stand them. At all. I hate wigs, face painting, costumes, boas, beads, chef hats, (especially the chef hats. :mad: I'll get those chefs if it's the last thing I do.) and general dorkiness that comes with them. The only one I will sort of tolerate is the Izzone because it's a great name. For the record, I didn't go to Michigan State.

I apologize to anyone here was/is in a cheering section. It's just I can't stand them. Lame.

Oh! I also hate the douchebags who complain when you stand up at a game to cheer for a good play. It's not like we were standing the entire game. :grumpy:

NewEnglandPatriots_100.png

In hockey, I hate the when the shot from the point misses the net. Hey, moron, you're paid big money, put the puck on the net.

In hockey, I hate the players who absolutely refuse to wear visors despite the fact that every player to enter the league over the past ten years (at least) was subject to a mandatory visor their whole playing career. Suddenly, it impairs their vision? Stupid machismo! Contracts should state if you don't wear a visor and lose vision, contract not guaranteed. Many of us have to wear protective equipment at our workplaces or seatbelts or motorcycle helmets, safety is important.

Why the hell do they have figure skating as a sport? Sure, that stuff they do is damn hard, triple jumps and shit but the judging process is a joke. Totally subjective. It's like a mini-parliament, back room deals everywhere. I have seen skaters fall down and still win gold because "their program was more technically challenging" Whatever!

Boxing, same problem, the judging in pro boxing is crap. How many matches have you seen where at the end you are like WTF? He got his ass kicked and won. Go back to the 15 rounders or fight til someone drops:wink:

In baseball, players who don't run out pop flys or ground outs. Sometimes people drop the ball or throw it away. It happens, get to first base, create urgency and force the defensive player to make the play quicker.

I do defend the intentional walk, though but I agree with the bases loaded walk. That is just pathetic. Let em hit it.

The intentional walk is done with the 4 pitches cause 1) the pitcher may throw it away, I've seen it happen 2)the batter might reach out a hit it, if it isn't thrown outside enough 3) sometimes throwing 4 balls in a row, puts the pitcher off his game which is why sometimes you see a pitcher give an intentional pass and then get pulled from the mound. They don't want their relief pitcher to come into the game and throw an intentional walk, they want quality pitches. That's my pitch, Mr.BAW,

Oh, regarding ads, they allow people to pay $75 for their seats instead of $80.:wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom