The Therapeutic Powers of Music....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Now I know that everyone here can probably name a U2 song that has helped them through one situation or another.... but does anyone have any other artists etc... that do the same thing for them?

For me... there is something truly soothing and hypnotic about Chris Martin''s (from Coldplay) voice. I can literally feel myself phyiscally relax by listening to him sing. I feel kind of wierd saying that - but I'm sure others can relate. If not with him, maybe others...

Anyone ? :D

Elliott Smith(dude in my sig)

I think he has possibly the most relaxing voice in the music industry
there are absolutely no hard edges or anything, just such a soft texture

Thom Yorke as well.
The way he melds one word into the next is very soothing!

I like Chris' voice too aaaaand Paul Simons voice too! REally likin him again this week!!! :yes:

Bonochick said:
Believe it or not, for me it's Mick Jagger (when he's singin' slow songs, that is).

*Looks on the internet for the lryics to some Mick Jagger Slow songs*ME ME ME ME......mmmmmmm need more work:lol:

Thom Yorke's voice is near the top of my list. Also Guy Garvey from Elbow. :heart:

sigur ros puts me in another world and Doves have some songs that really work that way as well (Cedar Room, Sea Song, and Man Who Told Everything come to mind)

I know it's rediculous, but no matter how stressful life gets, I can put on a CD of Jimmy Buffett music, close my eyes, and I instantly feel that I'm relaxing on a tropical shore. Sipping a margarita helps too.

As for heartbreak, the country song "Shut Up and Drive" really helped me to get over a bad relationship and move on.

During my first semester at college I always played Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" album whenever I felt homesick or just had a bad day.

I would have to say that Thom Yorke's voice on "Exit Music (For a Film) " moves me to another level or relaxation.

Back
Top Bottom