The Temple Bar—Where teens and aging rock stars meet...MUYFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I'm really happy that when I met Bono, it wasn't one of those "crowd of screaming, pushy fans" moments. :)

I've tried to watch it but haven't made it past the two-minute mark. To be fair, I don't have enough of an attention span on the internet to watch 10 minute YouTube videos. ;)

I should have said that the Old Greg references are wasted on me.

is it bad that i could live the rest of my life and be fine if i never met U2? i don't know, it's weird. i know how kind and gracious they are to fans so it's not like i'm afraid they'd be jerks, but i guess it's that they're too big. maybe if i won some contest or managed to run into one of them, but being one of 1,000 screaming fans lining up to meet bono before a show doesn't appeal to me. i don't hate those who do this of course. i guess i'm spoiled from meeting all my has-been, never-was, not-yet-beens where i actually can chat with them for a minute.

I know what you mean. I got very lucky and met 3/4 of the band the first day I ever tried (everyone but Adam). It was under very relaxed circumstances, not that many people there, 5 or 6 for Larry in the afternoon, 20 or 30 for B & E in the evening. They did have time to chat, were all very friendly, gracious and accommodating. I went with friends to 2 other meet and greets, which were pushy and shovey and screamy. I hung back, and sort of cheered my friends on who had never met them. As for me, I'm very satisfied with my meeting. They were nice and cool and all, but I don't see the point in multiple meetings, we're not going to become bff, or I'm not going to be put on their Christmas card list or anything. It is what it is, they're a band, I'm a fan. :shrug:

Would be nice to get Adam's autograph on my picture to complete the set, though.

I've tried to watch it but haven't made it past the two-minute mark. To be fair, I don't have enough of an attention span on the internet to watch 10 minute YouTube videos. ;)

I should have said that the Old Greg references are wasted on me.

Totally fair.

Muthalicka.

i couldn't do the multiple meetings either. i was pretty close to meeting bono anyway because i got lost in the building where he was speaking. you know what i did? i gasped and ran away.

:lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course, if that's what you want to do. Maybe I just don't have the stamina to be that rabid of a fan?

I'd probably feel guilty, too, when there are so many that do want to meet them and never have. I'd rather someone else get the chance. :)

It's nasty.

Ahhh, I have to turn this shit off. It's weird, I can read about politics all day, but I can only watch it on tv for 10 minutes before I want to break my television.

Thanks VP and Snow and everyone else. For a second there I was seriously doubting my thread-naming skillz. :hug:

I love how it's called the "World Series," yet there's only one country (and occasionally Canada) involved. :lol:

It was originally named, I believe in 1903 if I'm not mistaken, after a newspaper called 'The World'. Some may see it as arrogance or whatnot, but there is a history behind it. It does sound better than the Post Series, or the Daily News Series, though. :)

i couldn't do the multiple meetings either. i was pretty close to meeting bono anyway because i got lost in the building where he was speaking. you know what i did? i gasped and ran away.

:cute::cute: You've told me this story before, but each time you say it it doesn't get any less cuter.

:cute:

It's nasty.

Ahhh, I have to turn this shit off. It's weird, I can read about politics all day, but I can only watch it on tv for 10 minutes before I want to break my television.

haha both want me to break mine.
speaking of politics, i've decided to stop talking smack about obama (even though i voted for him anyway). apparently he wants to have my colleagues and i incorporated in the nat'l service health corps, which allows us the opportunity to work for 2 years in low-income communities and have our loans reimbursed. i wuv him now :heart:

Thanks VP and Snow and everyone else. For a second there I was seriously doubting my thread-naming skillz. :hug:

:cute::cute: You've told me this story before, but each time you say it it doesn't get any less cuter.

:cute:

I really did laugh! :)

There's more of a story, huh? :hmm: I've never heard it...

speaking of politics, i've decided to stop talking smack about obama (even though i voted for him anyway). apparently he wants to have my colleagues and i incorporated in the nat'l service health corps, which allows us the opportunity to work for 2 years in low-income communities and have our loans reimbursed. i wuv him now :heart:

Wow, that would be awesome! Hope he comes through for you. :up:

that's awesome :up:

Wow, that would be awesome! Hope he comes through for you. :up:

me too! nothing like having an issue that directly affects MY future to get me interested in the race.

until now i was focused on the more broad, and general issues. i felt both candidates were lukewarm in their stances, thus leaving me distraught during this whole election season. LOL now with a just a little over a week left I want to go and get a bumper sticker.

better late than never, m i rite?

me too! nothing like having an issue that directly affects MY future to get me interested in the race.

until now i was focused on the more broad, and general issues. i felt both candidates were lukewarm in their stances, thus leaving me distraught during this whole election season. LOL now with a just a little over a week left I want to go and get a bumper sticker.

better late than never, m i rite?

Ha! You totally should!

It really does make a big difference in engaging people when there are specific things that will make a difference in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom