The Temple Bar: We've got staffs alright...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beav - I have no suggestions. I need to get my mom something too, but I have no idea what. It's going to be late getting to her, though. :uhoh: I was thinking I could get flowers delivered, because I know she would really like that, but there would be a lot of difficulties in actually getting them to her. Gotta think about that one for a bit...

Morning, fah!

:hmm:

If you wanted to continue with the plant them you might be able to find some sort of one day course at your local garden centre or you could go the pampering route with a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure/facial?

Make sure you give her the gift that every Grandmother wants ~ a day with the grandchild. Make up a card from the baby explaining how much they are looking forward to their special day together without the parents around.

fah said:

Make sure you give her the gift that every Grandmother wants ~ a day with the grandchild. Make up a card from the baby explaining how much they are looking forward to their special day together without the parents around.

:uhoh: That sounds more like a gift to me and my wife. I like it! Brilliant, fah!

Thank. I think the Spa thing is good, I just feel boring cause it's been done before. This mother's day snuck up on me. And everyone is a mother this year, WTF? Gifts, gifts, gifts. GAH!

fah said:
Hi Thora ~ it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.

Ah yes, that's the sound of the garbage truck on my street

Isn't it?! :love:

:lol: My garbage day is Tuesday.

I think I'm going to get flowers delivered to my mom. It looks like I can get them sent to a co-workers house, then she can take them to my mom. Her birthday is soon, and I bought her really great tickets to see Josh Groban, and she told me she didn't need anything for Mother's day because the concert was so expensive. I still want to get her flowers, though.

UberBeaver said:

:uhoh: That sounds more like a gift to me and my wife. I like it! Brilliant, fah!

Thank. I think the Spa thing is good, I just feel boring cause it's been done before. This mother's day snuck up on me. And everyone is a mother this year, WTF? Gifts, gifts, gifts. GAH!

"Everyone is a mother this year"

I don't know why that is sooooooooo funny :lmao:

ThoraSEB said:

Isn't it?! :love:

:lol: My garbage day is Tuesday.

I think I'm going to get flowers delivered to my mom. It looks like I can get them sent to a co-workers house, then she can take them to my mom. Her birthday is soon, and I bought her really great tickets to see Josh Groban, and she told me she didn't need anything for Mother's day because the concert was so expensive. I still want to get her flowers, though.

And don't forget to make your own card :heart:

fah said:

I :heart: her, but I hate when she makes me cut her off so I can get some work done, then I feel like a bitch. It's like she gets a bonus, talk non stop to her hearts content, and a guilt trip! :love:

She wants me to make her brunch on Sunday

:huh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i screwed myself a few years back when i got my mom paul mccartney tickets for mother's day... they just happened to go on sale the day before, she loooooves him and has never seen him.

everything i've gotten since just doesn't add up.

screwwwwed

Wow, that is a fabulous gift and you're right though, you are screwed.

All I can suggest is a photo of Sir Paul and some flowers :yes:

snowbunny00774 said:

I :heart: her, but I hate when she makes me cut her off so I can get some work done, then I feel like a bitch. It's like she gets a bonus, talk non stop to her hearts content, and a guilt trip! :love:

She wants me to make her brunch on Sunday

:huh:

:yikes:

Make reservations instead

I want to make the reservation, I called to ask where she wants and she has plans involving a dinner at night so she said she won't eat much and would rather I just had her over and made something. "what do you want me to make, I ususally just have oatmeal or toast" "oatmeal would be great and I can bring some fruit" "mom, I can supply the fruit, I just need to know what you want to eat" "maybe an omelette, I'll bring some ham" "mom, I can supply all of it, don't worry" "well I need to use the ham"

where the fuck is that shoot me smiley?

I get to work on Mother's Day and Mr fah gets to shuffle mini fahs from swimming lessons, to softball clinics and then finally a softball game.

I think I may go shopping on my break and come home to steaks on the BBQ for dinner :drool:

That's my plan at least.

I think we are going out for dinner on Saturday night :hmm:

snowbunny00774 said:
I want to make the reservation, I called to ask where she wants and she has plans involving a dinner at night so she said she won't eat much and would rather I just had her over and made something. "what do you want me to make, I ususally just have oatmeal or toast" "oatmeal would be great and I can bring some fruit" "mom, I can supply the fruit, I just need to know what you want to eat" "maybe an omelette, I'll bring some ham" "mom, I can supply all of it, don't worry" "well I need to use the ham"

:laugh:

Practical Moms :heart:

fah said:
I get to work on Mother's Day and Mr fah gets to shuffle mini fahs from swimming lessons, to softball clinics and then finally a softball game.

I think I may go shopping on my break and come home to steaks on the BBQ for dinner :drool:

That's my plan at least.

I think we are going out for dinner on Saturday night :hmm:

see - that sounds like a nice day, and specific...not all vague with lots of room for me to fuck up - you're a great mom :up:

snowbunny00774 said:

shootme.gif

Back
Top Bottom