The Temple Bar: We've got hooking calls... and Sicy's Lemon Drops!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

not a wall exactly:drool:

lunatics all of you:heart:

legal loopholes :drool:

And I just had a two hour margarita lunch to celebrate:drool:

"I'll drive you, you look like you'd enjoy a convertible today" :drool:

AND I just realized the Gus Macker is on this weekend around the corner from my house, Monday off it is!!! :drool:

I'm gonna go for a walk now before I go back there : pout:

I approve of every word in this post. :yes:

the rockin edge said:

and who exactly is included with them?

All of em. Every. Single. One. You know Them, man. You can see Them. Just open your eyes. Abre sus ojos. They're everywhere. Theyre' all the same, all broken and defeated. And they want you to join Them. They want You to be one of Them. Just wait, man. Just wait.

If I was David Gilmour I would just show up places with my guitar and an amp and say, "I am David Gilmour, and I am going to own all of you useless monkeys because I am that good. Thank you." and then just play. That'd be awesome.

FYI - David Gilmour is not one of them. Roger Waters might be. The Who and the Rolling Stones are for sure. Yoko Ono = Them, and don't think John didn't know it, man. He knew. Oh he knew it well. :sad:
And of course snow is going to talk behind poor little Kayla's back, she's one of Them. And then one day BAM, "Hey, where's Kayla?" "There is no Kayla here, there never was a Kayla here. Be silent, peasant."

UberBeaver said:

All of em. Every. Single. One. You know Them, man. You can see Them. Just open your eyes. Abre sus ojos. They're everywhere. Theyre' all the same, all broken and defeated. And they want you to join Them. They want You to be one of Them. Just wait, man. Just wait.

If I was David Gilmour I would just show up places with my guitar and an amp and say, "I am David Gilmour, and I am going to own all of you useless monkeys because I am that good. Thank you." and then just play. That'd be awesome.

FYI - David Gilmour is not one of them. Roger Waters might be. The Who and the Rolling Stones are for sure. Yoko Ono = Them, and don't think John didn't know it, man. He knew. Oh he knew it well. :sad:
And of course snow is going to talk behind poor little Kayla's back, she's one of Them. And then one day BAM, "Hey, where's Kayla?" "There is no Kayla here, there never was a Kayla here. Be silent, peasant."

David Gilmour :drool:

UberBeaver said:

I saw David Gilmour play last year in a 2,500 seat venue. It was orgasm-worthy. Seriously. :drool: :drool: And it warrants not one, but two drools.

Cheer up guys, I'm less than a peon, so you're still above me. :)

VintagePunk said:

I saw David Gilmour play last year in a 2,500 seat venue. It was orgasm-worthy. Seriously. :drool: :drool: And it warrants not one, but two drools.

Cheer up guys, I'm less than a peon, so you're still above me. :)

I can't get into his solo stuff, though I hear On an Island and liked it, but he's probably my favorite soloist. I don't know how he does it, they're generally somewhat straight forward blues solos, but he kills the tone so perfectly. Ugh. :drool: He's friggin awesome.

I really have to follow along better missing 12 hours leaves me out of the loop

I'm seeing David Allen Grier saturday night :dancing: He cracks me up so I know I'll like the show.

:lol: my mom just asked me what plz means

UberBeaver said:

I can't get into his solo stuff, though I hear On an Island and liked it, but he's probably my favorite soloist. I don't know how he does it, they're generally somewhat straight forward blues solos, but he kills the tone so perfectly. Ugh. :drool: He's friggin awesome.

On an Island is great mellow-ish, chilling music. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it.

The first half of the show was the complete On an Island, and the second half was all Floyd stuff. If you look back in B&C there's a thread about his tour, and I think I posted the setlist of the show I went to. That show was easily right up there with U2 for me. :up: Richard Wright and Dick Parry were in his band. :drool:

You know that faraway, lost kind of expression that great blues guitarists get when they play? Just wow.

Roger Waters>David Gilmour :shifty: He's not one of them :madspit:

Peons - unite :hi5: :hug:

I feel like a lowly peon. My accountant won't return my emails or even call me. I'm sure he decided it was a good day to take the day off. And hell, make it a 5 day weekend. Yeah, he's the man. He's one of them :mad: I wish my acct. hadn't moved out of the country :(

<<<No plans for the weekend :(

I think I need a hug

I think the only way Waters beats Gilmour is as a lyricist. Gilmour's a better vocalist (and unlike Roger, his voice has held up over the years, he hasn't lost a thing), and let's face it, bass isn't exactly a difficult instrument to play. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

You know that faraway, lost kind of expression that great blues guitarists get when they play? Just wow.

Yeah, and it always amazes how good the English are at it. I don't think I like one song Clapton has ever written (I don't think he wrote the Cream songs, right?) but he's another one that play some friggin blues. Jimmy Page too. They seem to mix it up with a technical brilliance that I find appealing. American blues guys just seem to rock the fuck out, like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Slash.

Tre - Pearl Jam is great live. I don't listen to their albums, but they did put on a great show. McCready is another real good bluesy guitarist.

Kat - uh...NSW quit douche monkey, formed Cock Bagel, so I'll need to hire you to sue him so I can get the term Cock Bagel back, take all his money and watch him die a cold and miserable death in poverty. Cool? Thanks. Also April left her book at home. Snow fired someone - again. Lila is yelling at someone. Tre is eating babies. What I miss? Ummmm - i think that's everything. Reg is the recapper, but he's MIA.

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, and it always amazes how good the English are at it. I don't think I like one song Clapton has ever written (I don't think he wrote the Cream songs, right?) but he's another one that play some friggin blues. Jimmy Page too. They seem to mix it up with a technical brilliance that I find appealing. American blues guys just seem to rock the fuck out, like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Slash.

thats cos the british > the americans.:whistle:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Reg is probably off getting sexually harrassed by someone's grandma.

Lucky bastard. :grumpy:

the rockin edge said:

thats cos the british > the americans.:whistle:

lol. remember that time when England ran the states? Yeah, that was funny. What happened? ... Oh, yeah, we got angry beat your asses back to England. U GO HOME NOW ENGLAND, U GO HOME! NOW WE KILL YOUR LANGUAGE! Awww, poor little England :cute: you're like Canada but small. :tusslesEngland'shair:

No David Gilmour = no DSOTM, and no Comfortably Numb, Young Lust, and Run Like Hell, which are the three best songs on The Wall (from Sarah - she's vehemently in David's corner, too).

Lila64 said:

No Roger Waters = no Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall

:madspit:

If I paid attention to lyrics, I'd probably like Waters more, but I listen to the music, so the lyrics tend to get lost on me. I think Waters was brilliant, no doubt, but I focus more on Gilmour and I feel his bit of the music more.

UberBeaver said:

lol. remember that time when England ran the states? Yeah, that was funny. What happened? ... Oh, yeah, we got angry beat your asses back to England. U GO HOME NOW ENGLAND, U GO HOME! NOW WE KILL YOUR LANGUAGE! Awww, poor little England :cute: you're like Canada but small. :tusslesEngland'shair:

actually there's about twice as many people in britain compared to canada.:cute:

anyway all of that is irrelevent, as you just pointed out britain has more great guitarists.

Back
Top Bottom