The Temple Bar: We've got Denial and Urban Legends...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my car, but it sort of parallels my love life - it's superficially perfect for me, and I adore it, but it's not good for me. :( It's a 2000 Grand Prix, I've had it since 2002...had to replace the engine in 2004, and ever since then, it's gotten the shittiest gas mileage in the city. I need to get something more fuel efficient. :|

Having a good day, Beav? :wink: I can't see my mom today, feeling crappy the way I am, but she came home yesterday, and I spent about 6 hrs. with her.

VintagePunk said:
I love my car, but it sort of parallels my love life - it's superficially perfect for me, and I adore it, but it's not good for me. :( It's a 2000 Grand Prix, I've had it since 2002...had to replace the engine in 2004, and ever since then, it's gotten the shittiest gas mileage in the city. I need to get something more fuel efficient. :|

Having a good day, Beav? :wink: I can't see my mom today, feeling crappy the way I am, but she came home yesterday, and I spent about 6 hrs. with her.

:lemon:

That's great she's home VP, and at least you got to spend some time with her :)

snowbunny00774 said:

I thought it was going to be a chill day with lots of food?

Well, there was lots of food. That was the highlight. I dunno, it just got to me. I think cause I got 3 hours sleep last night, so lots of little things got to me. Meh. :banghead:

Tre - suck it up, man. You go in there tired and hungover - that's Rock and Roll, buddy.

It's black, and shiny and pretty (when freshly cleaned and waxed :drool: )....and it has radio controls on the steering wheel. I've never seen another car that has that. I keep thinking that switching to another car without it, I'm going to go insane, constantly pushing buttons that aren't there. :(

Tre - Ha Ha [/Nelson voice]

UberBeaver said:

Well, there was lots of food. That was the highlight. I dunno, it just got to me. I think cause I got 3 hours sleep last night, so lots of little things got to me. Meh. :banghead:

:(

is it over now?

snowbunny00774 said:
why don't you look for another GP? are they all that bad on mileage/gas?

Another one would probably get better mileage, but not enough to justify itself, when there are much more economical options out there. And, it's getting older now, but I really only like the very early '00 models - they changed the body shape in 2004, and I don't like those as much. :dilemma:

VP - Those are nice cars. Was the gas mileage good before the "repair"?

Does anyone else constantly confuse : and " now? I friggin pick the wrong one all the time. Friggin interference. :mad:

Yeah, it's pretty much over. My mother in law and my wife's aunt are still lingering. What happens is, people show up, grab the baby and start yelling in high pitched voices, so the poor kid gets scared and starts crying, then they start yelling to soothe her, and it just doesn't end. Poor kid was petrified all day.

it is a tough call, I have no attatchment to cars whatsoever. I've been through so many there's no point. I have an explorer now and I don't have a clue what year it is or anything, although I know it's older. my dad and brother are both mechanics so I'm a complete and total failure in their eyes.

UberBeaver said:
VP - Those are nice cars. Was the gas mileage good before the "repair"?

Does anyone else constantly confuse : and " now? I friggin pick the wrong one all the time. Friggin interference. :mad:

Yeah, it's pretty much over. My mother in law and my wife's aunt are still lingering. What happens is, people show up, grab the baby and start yelling in high pitched voices, so the poor kid gets scared and starts crying, then they start yelling to soothe her, and it just doesn't end. Poor kid was petrified all day.

On the old engine, with a mixture of hwy and city driving (probably 2:1, I was driving back and forth to classes several days a week back then), I was getting about 27 miles/gallon (keeping in mind that our gallons are slightly bigger than yours). I haven't even figured it out for this one, especially lately. I just know I go through gas at an appalling rate. :|When I got the new one, people kept telling me that new engines are hard on gas, and to give it a few thousand km. It never got better. :madwife:

I have relatives like that, too. Tell them to use their *indoor* voices. :mad:

Snow, you have relatives who are mechanics?? :drool:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Snow, you have relatives who are mechanics?? :drool:

yeah, let me know if you ever want to go to my dad. as long as you don't mind being insulted and made fun by him (it's just his way, he has no inside voice :cute: ), he'll give you a deal.

snowbunny00774 said:

yeah, let me know if you ever want to go to my dad. as long as you don't mind being insulted and made fun by him (it's just his way, he has no inside voice :cute: ), he'll give you a deal.

:lmao: Obnoxious but lovable relatives. :cute:

In my ideal family, I'd have some sort of medical professional, a chiropractor, an RMT, a mechanic, some sort of home repair person, a landscaper, and I'd take advantage of them all the time. :drool:

I'm off to the store for a bit. I need sick person supplies, and even though I've been running after sick people all week, none of them have licenses to return the favour when I become the sick person. :mad:

:wave:

snowbunny00774 said:
why don't you look for another GP? are they all that bad on mileage/gas?

I've had GP's for the last four years and they're all pretty good on gas mileage (or so I've been told, I just picked them because they're pretty :imsuchagirl: ).

Poor scared Beav baby :( People lose their goddamned minds when they get around a little one, it's always baffled me, to be honest.

My mom and I were having a nice drive, enjoying the day, when she springs the "Me and N want you to see X condo cause we think you should own property cause you're throwing your money away on an apartment". :banghead: We've gone through this five million times since last summer. Yeah I would love to have a condo but unless she comes to me with some math that makes sense, she can pay for it. :happy:[/momrant]

It's almost 4 - time for margaritas!

VintagePunk said:

I'm off to the store for a bit. I need sick person supplies,

I went to the store too, but I got Irish person supplies :wink:

hope you're feeling better.

Is your mom going to help you out April? maybe that's why she's talking about it. is the payt going to be the same as rent? you can get 100% financing now, here anyway, or maybe she'll help you with the DP :shrug:

that sucks NSW, when will you get to see them again? they must be happy you're that much closer

Back
Top Bottom