THE TEMPLE BAR: We're entitled to Carpel Tunnel - UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't stand him either. A lot of people out here can't.

I once tried to organize a Wild West style posse to go and capture him, maybe imprison him, but not a lot of people were interested, and by not a lot I mean someone almost called the police on me.

snowbunny00774 said:
The membership here....so I can bitch and freak out here, instead of having my mates hang me from the nearest gallows. They still get it - just not as much.

I know...when we finally got to NYC we had gone through duty free twice. When we finally got checked in for Hartford we hit the DF hard, and then that flight got cancelled as we were on the tarmac looking at the steps and we actually had to come back through canadian customs it was great. I had a tiara, a bag of duty free, and an Irish passport. the guy asked where I was coming from and when I sweetly answered "the tarmac" he knew then not to fuck with me. I asked him if I had to pay tax on all the drinks and he said "no, no, I wouldn't do that to you, drink it and have a great weekend" . Then we grabbed the car at the airport and hit the DF again at Niagara, I went on a spree. The US border guy asked what we had and I patiently showed him everything and explained what our day had been like...his response " I guess that's okay?" I said " I guess so too, have a great St. Patricks day" and we drove off...it was fabulous :love:

I'm off to Montreal on Firday and I want there to be a DF there - it's like another country :lame reason:

Priceless! :lol:

Why the McCourt hatred? :shifty:

I'm doing pretty well thanks, NSW. :)

ETA - I'm just reading this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/t175240.html

and I'm appalled. Freddie Mercury, one of the greatest rock vocalists ever, at 47?? :tsk:

I just so happened to be very tired of reading the "ooooh we were so poor our gums were green, you know, from having to eat grass" style of Irish author when I read him.

snowbunny00774 said:
I just so happened to be very tired of reading the "ooooh we were so poor our gums were green, you know, from having to eat grass" style of Irish author when I read him.

Yeah, I took a lot of that with a grain of salt, I'm sure he's had a few make-out sessions with the Blarney Stone, but I can see how it would be irksome to someone of Irish heritage. :yes:

Does anyone in here know that I grew up in a very Irish neighborhood in The Bronx, called Woodlawn? Irish that recent immigrated mixed with Irish that had moved to the States yeas ago. Just a really fun and interesting neighborhood, and it still is, my parents still live there. Lots of bars, too, go figure. :) Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlawn,_Bronx

No spoken words said:
Does anyone in here know that I grew up in a very Irish neighborhood in The Bronx, called Woodlawn? Irish that recent immigrated mixed with Irish that had moved to the States yeas ago. Just a really fun and interesting neighborhood, and it still is, my parents still live there. Lots of bars, too, go figure. :) Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

How unsexy was this last post?

NSW...heterosexualman:hug: I'm mostly kidding...but not completely.

VintagePunk said:

and I'm appalled. Freddie Mercury, one of the greatest rock vocalists ever, at 47?? :tsk:

some of those people are yellers not singers...what criteria did they use :confused:

irksome - it was just a plain money grab - it wouldn't have been so bad if he prefaced it "like almost everyone else" all the time, and that money grabbing brother Malachi :rolleyes:

Thank God for the Celtic Tiger, it'll shut people like that up for a while, at least until Euro prime rises and they can't afford their ridiculous mortgages anymore. /rant <---- it takes hardly anything :D

No spoken words said:

unsexy - but educational - thanks :up:

Reg - your job is the sexy, get to it :drool:

No spoken words said:

I'm not big on the sexy posts, Reg, I leave that to the experts. Just a slice of my life, or, my past.

Yeah I know, I just wanted to pump myself up. Hey when do you leave for Chicago again?

I'm seriously bummed that we won't be catching that Cubs/Dodgers game!!! :sigh:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Yeah I know, I just wanted to pump myself up. Hey when do you leave for Chicago again?

I'm seriously bummed that we won't be catching that Cubs/Dodgers game!!! :sigh:

Yeah, that would have been fun.

I leave on 4/30, that afternoon, after they come pick up my car for transport. Start on 5/2, giving myself 5/1 to just take a deep breath before I dive in.

I try to list things in my life, but I can never decide...I can't even choose my favorite music groups/songs/movies

bono_212 said:
I try to list things in my life, but I can never decide...I can't even choose my favorite music groups/songs/movies

I find it hard to do that, too. Maybe that's why I enjoy reading them. :huh: If I made lists, they'd vary from hour to hour, mood to mood.

This is a great site. Although I don't necessarily agree with all the placements on their lists, they're taken from a very wide range of musicians/genres/subgenres and eras. And I like the distinctions they make (e.g. best lyricist as opposed to greatest lyrical performance). :up:

VintagePunk said:

I find it hard to do that, too. Maybe that's why I enjoy reading them. :huh: If I made lists, they'd vary from hour to hour, mood to mood.

This is a great site. Although I don't necessarily agree with all the placements on their lists, they're taken from a very wide range of musicians/genres/subgenres and eras. And I like the distinctions they make (e.g. best lyricist as opposed to greatest lyrical performance). :up:

I'm enjoying that too - I couldn't even commit to answers in the get to know you surevey thingy!

familyexpectation/irish guilt kicking in here - I feel really guilty when I enjoy and agree with other people's lists, yet cannot do my own. It's like I'm piggybacking them. wow - I'm worse than I thought :lol:

Night NSW :wave: pm tmw :up:

Tomorrow is supposed to be a productive day for me, so I'd better get to bed.

Dammit, I just remembered, I have to drive to Waterloo to drop off a paper in the afternoon. :needsapersonalassistant:

Night everyone. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom