The Temple Bar - U23D Edition!!!!! UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U23D

• Atlanta

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Monkeys

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Bitches

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, then these individual songs(in semi-order):

Space Oddity
Queen Bitch
Life on Mars?
Changes
The Jean Genie
Cracked Actor
Panic in Detroit
Rebel Rebel
Fame
Young Americans
Golden Years
TVC 15
"Heroes"
Ashes to Ashes
Modern Love
I'm Afraid of Americans

This is my husband/hardyharhar's input:

I'd say your pretty well set. Don't bother with complete albums at this point, probably not worth it. Skip Ashes To Ashes, it's a stab at his old glory that doesn't work very well. You've already got the title song anyways. I'd still get Watch That Man, Drive-In Saturday from Aladdin Sane, and Diamond Dogs (though it drags on a bit). That was the end of the line for Bowie and myself.

(We're down to one computer with access to the internet. Waiting on the new router...)

So, the band Stars.

If you asked me to name my 20 favorite bands, I'd not name them, but I genuinely like all of their albums. They are not great, I don't think, but they are pretty damn solid. Some bands I say I love, or like, or hate, but of them I'd just say I simply enjoy their music.

So, yeah.

U2democrat said:
My pleasure :up:

If you buy Ashes to Ashes it's an OK album, I was kind of disappointed. The best songs are of course Fashion, Ashes to Ashes, and It's No Game pt 2.

I thought Ashes to Ashes was just a song, and the album was Scary Monsters?

phillyfan26 said:

I thought Ashes to Ashes was just a song, and the album was Scary Monsters?

That's what I meant. I plead brain fart.

A lot of new, enthusiastic faces showed up at the Young Dems meeting tonight and they stayed for the Students for Obama meeting that followed. :rockon:

I bought Hunky Dory, though won't give it a fair listen until I escape from the depths of hell (aka school for the past few weeks).

I've completely stopped functioning properly, to the point where I've given up tonight and am going to bed well under-prepared for my big due date on Friday. But I can get nothing done. I can't think.

phillyfan26 said:
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, then these individual songs(in semi-order):

Space Oddity
Queen Bitch
Life on Mars?
Changes
The Jean Genie
Cracked Actor
Panic in Detroit
Rebel Rebel
Fame
Young Americans
Golden Years
TVC 15
"Heroes"
Ashes to Ashes
Modern Love
I'm Afraid of Americans

What...no "Blue Jean"...:shocked:

Where's "Fashion"...and "John, I'm Only Dancing"...:scratch:

"Starman"...:drool:

Laura, did you get to hang out with the "Douche"...:eyebrow:

Re: Re: You Said 'Cockburn'....

RavenBlue said:

Seriously! :shocked: :faint:

I know they quoted Bruce in God Part II.. but I didn't know they recorded IIHARL... :drool:

Yeah, as a response to the "Gulf War"...but they never released it, and I never heard anything more about it. I wonder if it'll show up on the "Acthung Baby" remaster...:hmm:

I've been taught since birth that the Habs are evil...

Though if they ever made it to the Stanley Cup final again.. I probably would find it in my bitter little heart to root for them.. just to have a Canadian team get the cup again...

Oh look, another Bruce Cockburn track has just started...

Waiting on a

Waiting for a

miracle...

Should be the Leafs songs

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
I've been taught since birth that the Habs are evil...

Though if they ever made it to the Stanley Cup final again.. I probably would find it in my bitter little heart to root for them.. just to have a Canadian team get the cup again...

Oh look, another Bruce Cockburn track has just started...

Waiting on a

Waiting for a

miracle...

Should be the Leafs songs

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom