The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
It's easy for y'all to suggest Prague, but my life is politics, and if Obama were the nominee it'd be such a pivotal moment I'd hate missing out on that.

I'd also hate missing out on living in Europe for 4 months.

Well, that's why you have to decide. It's easy to give my opinion, yes, but it's based on my life, not yours, as I hardly know you.

Only you know what's best for you.

well today two of the best and brightest were standing not 30 feet from where I was voting passing out campaign materials.

That's pretty typical, though usually the purpose for having campaign staff at polling places is a) To be visual so voters can see their candidate's name before going into the voting booth b) To keep an eye on the opposition to make sure there aren't any dirty tricks or discrimination.

It seems a little too late to be handing out materials, though you do occasionally get the undecided voter coming to the polls looking for some last minute persuasion.

Generally yes.

Brian Williams is hosting the hour on MSNBC :drool:

Then an hour long, limited commercial interruption NBC Nightly News tonight :drool:

Then another hour long special with Brian on NBC at 10pm :drool:

Hopefully he'll be reporting big gains for Obama :yippie:

well they need a reprimand, or remedial reading classes. There are signs written in english and everything telling people no campaigning beyond that point.

Other than that, my first vote cast! I got my sticker too :D

Oooooh woooooooooooow.

Brian Williams just said something very embarrassing. Apparently people here in Virginia think that the primary here is TODAY, it's not, it's next week, so people are showing up to their polling places, finding them closed and are irately calling election officials. Oh, fellow Virginians, I'm so ashamed.

UberBeaver said:
I'd say elections happen every year (or two or four) but studying in Europe might only come up once.

Yes, but having an election with someone like Barack Obama at the top of the ticket is different. Which is why I'm saying if Clinton is the nominee, there's no doubt I would go to Prague.

campaign for Obama in Prague. it may not be effective, but your heart will be in the right place :heart:

actually you might be able to do a lot of stuff from your computer. i've done hours upon hours volunteering for ONE in my underwear at home.

U2democrat said:

Yes, but having an election with someone like Barack Obama at the top of the ticket is different. Which is why I'm saying if Clinton is the nominee, there's no doubt I would go to Prague.

Could you delay going for another semester?

ETA - I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion that you would have already considered if possible, so nevermind, just ignore it. :)

VintagePunk said:

ETA - I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion that you would have already considered if possible, so nevermind, just ignore it. :)

awww it's not stupid. she's gonna graduate. my little clone is all grown up :sad:

VintagePunk said:

No I can't delay because of student loans.

It wouldn't feel right campaigning via computer. I need to be out there among the people.

unico said:
IDEA! what if you go on a leave of absence out due to "illness" this year. then chill with obama. and then go to prague in the fall?

Good thinking! :hi5:

But would it really need to be made up, like 'illness'? Here, I think you can take a semester off if you want, with no repercussions.

U2democrat said:

No I can't delay because of student loans.

It wouldn't feel right campaigning via computer. I need to be out there among the people.

Oh, right.

There's no way you could get a deferral, I guess? Here, we have 6 months after school ends before we have to start repaying, so it would work, because by the time the 6 months were up, you'd be enrolled again for the next semester.

The school is really stingy about seniors being on campus for their last semester, which is what next spring semester would be. It's fall or not at all.

Again there are a lot of Ifs that go with this scenario, I may not get accepted, Clinton may be the nominee (heaven forbid), who knows.

I can't do that. I have to graduate on time.

Speaking of which, I'm finally going to a class. I'll catch y'all later, I'm having a ton of people over to watch the returns tonight. About 10 of them are for Obama, 2 are for Clinton. Go figure :D

Question, if you stay and campaign would you be making possible connections that you could use to get a job after graduation?

Bye Dem :wave:

So, after our storm on Friday, it got really mild yesterday and rained all evening and night, so much of the snow melted. Yay! However, now they're calling for another bad snow storm tonight and tomorrow. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom