The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart: Clooney. He won't be publicly campaigning he said. He knows it could help or hurt, and has other things he's involved in (just returned from Darfur).

Oh, and it's 58 degrees here :happy: , though I'm sitting here in pajamas and kinda cold. I think it's 66 or 68 in the house

U2democrat said:
Things are definitely swinging Obama's way. It better translate tomorrow.

DeNiro and Clooney are backing Obama :D How can you say no to that? Seriously?

I'm leaning more in his direction myself, these days. I'm excited for tomorrow.

And I say that as though I have any say in the matter.

We're having a warm spell this week, after the storm on Friday. In the 30 - 40 range. :drool:

I'm a fucking genius, that's how.

I'll bet after that you want to watch some hockey. I'm just that fucking smart that I'd know that.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm a fucking genius, that's how.

I'll bet after that you want to watch some hockey. I'm just that fucking smart that I'd know that.

Well, now that football is over, what else is there to watch?

You know, your genius somehow makes me think that you're older than I am. :wink:

Still not old enough to vote, unfortunately...
Nice to see young people (at least on this forum) who are interested/active in politics. I'm trying to emphasize how important this election year is to Maddy, but she's 13. And well.... she's 13 :sigh:

Lila64 said:
Still not old enough to vote, unfortunately...
Nice to see young people (at least on this forum) who are interested/active in politics. I'm trying to emphasize how important this election year is to Maddy, but she's 13. And well.... she's 13 :sigh:

Yes, but she'll be old enough to vote in the next election...right...:eyebrow:

She's the same age as my daughter, so we're doing the same thing with ours as you are with yours...:up:

I make her watch some things so she is, at least exposed to it...:yes:

I just wonder why they don't talk about it in school. They are on the war of 1812... :sigh:

She'll be 18 in July 2012

Last edited:
I'm doing 5 things at once, including faxing & "discussing" something with the guy at the bank (damn refi). And IMing with my supplier about a possible damaged LP (bent corner) and trying to take a pic with my cellphone and email it. Not to mention a few other things :sigh:

Be gentle Reg

:shifty:

So what was everyone's favorite super bowl commercial last night?

I really liked the Bridgestone tires ones, the first one with the screaming squirrell/animals, the second one with Alice Cooper and Richard Simmons. Hilarious :lol:

We didn't get any of the fun commercials in Canada. :sad:

However, I'll probably watch some of them tonight. They're on several websites that I know of.

U2democrat said:
So what was everyone's favorite super bowl commercial last night?

I really liked the Bridgestone tires ones, the first one with the screaming squirrell/animals, the second one with Alice Cooper and Richard Simmons. Hilarious :lol:

This was the first time that the game truly outshone the commercials...so I really didn't notice them, because for the most part they were kinda...:shrug:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

This was the first time that the game truly outshone the commercials...so I really didn't notice them, because for the most part they were kinda...:shrug:

Yeah really.

Man, I'm on such a Tom Petty kick and it's not just cos of the Superbowl.

Haha you can barely see the song titles cos the band name is so long! God I love his voice so much! I have only the Greatest Hits and Full Moon Fever. But I'm gonna get his superb Wildflowers CD soon.

I'm chatting with Pla and she just mentioned that name when I mentioned Tom Petty. I've never heard of the Wilburys but now I'm curious.

You've never heard of the Travelling Wilburys? Do you live under a rock? :wink:

wilburys_2_small-703098.jpg

Bob Dylan
Jeff Lynne
Tom Petty
Roy Orbison
George Harrison

Last edited:
Reg: I hadn't heard about that traffic thing. I like our new mayor though.

Basketball game. Peace, all.

Lila64 said:
You've never heard of the Travelling Wilburys? Do you live under a rock? :wink:

wilburys_2_small-703098.jpg

Jeff Lynne
Bob Dylan
Tom Petty
Jeff Lynne
Roy Orbison
George Harrison

Thanks for the info, Lila but I didn't know there were 2 Jeff Lynnes in that band. ;)

Back
Top Bottom