The Temple Bar - Tinsel is like MUYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right, folks! While the Octagon may lie dead in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighborhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple Bar ... would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle, and Gang

Dublin20Temple20Bar209.jpg

For Christmas I gave you all two - I'm still a fucking tool - Mods please delete the other one.

Perfect timing bitches. I'm off to finish the shopping I started yesterday. The tree never made it up so I'm pretty much just throwing Christmas type shit around the house to make it festive before P gets here.

Saw the last couple of posts - Setlist party threads were mostly fun. I think that's when I really started posting and now look at my post count. I truly am a whore :(

BBL kids :)

Oh good - the other thread didn't work or something. Mods - can you stick a lemon or piece of misteltoe up in this biatch? thanks :D

Merry Christmas Liz! Y'know...as much as possible. :)

yeah, i felt like i had at least a little of an excuse since i only saw one show - and a (to me, anyway) crappy show at that. but those who saw multiple shows should just be glad they had the chance to do this, and even those like me who saw one should be happy since there were fans who missed out. even though i didn't love my show's setlist, i still had a good time.

ooh, awesome! sounds like you picked the right shows to see.

Which show did you go to? :uhoh:

I went to a ton of shows, and spent a ton of time in the set list threads (Aww, VP, our friendship was born there!) and do not recall truly bitching once. Fucking annoying. In fact, the bitching drove me away from the set list parties at one point.

It's like our special thing, isn't it? :hug: lol I was drawn to you because it was nice to see someone...y'know...literate, and not bitching.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Many of them I lurked in, but didn't really participate, because I would have cut a bitch...

Merry Christmas Liz! Y'know...as much as possible. :)

Which show did you go to? :uhoh:

It's like our special thing, isn't it? :hug: lol I was drawn to you because it was nice to see someone...y'know...literate, and not bitching.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Many of them I lurked in, but didn't really participate, because I would have cut a bitch...

Literate and not bitching. You're easy. :) It is our special thing! :hug:

I really did enjoy the early set list parties. I've said this before, but being the source for the Glendale show where "Bad" made its tour debut was a geeky delight. :)

From the previous thread:

Happy Holidays, Elfa, from beautiful Victoria! :wave:

And happy holidays to the rest of the Bar! :)

How's the weather? Talked to my aunt in Vancouver last night for a bit, and she was horrified at the weather, even though she's SW Ontario born and bred...

And happy holidays to you. :)

My standards aren't all that high, this is true. :)

Khan, was Tampa closest to you? The lack of Memphis sucks, esp given the whole worship of it in R&H. Bizarre.

And Lila, you were the queen of the setlists! You were the one posting them about 90% of the time.

:sexywink:

It was cool being the source & occasionally getting a call from said source to listen to a select song or something :D

How about the time when Axver thought I posted a song before it was even played, which of course was untrue because even though we knew what songs were coming up, I don't have ESP. :happy:

BoMac is in Thora's neck of the woods, but she's in Hawaii. Or is she :hmm: :wink:

How's the weather? Talked to my aunt in Vancouver last night for a bit, and she was horrified at the weather, even though she's SW Ontario born and bred...

And happy holidays to you. :)

Weather is not bad today. Cloudy with sunny breaks, and a high of 0. I'll take that after a week of -30!

It's extremely rare to have snow stay on the ground for long, but there it lies and a lot of it (relatively speaking). But it's still beautiful. I so want to move here one day.

:)

To bring back a few things from the last thread:

ASOH live this tour? Oh. Yes. Please. :drool: If they want to throw in Wire - to stay with the UF theme for a moment - or Drowning Man (I was hoping that'd make it into the dvd version of Red Rocks since it was on the setlist and it didn't :sad:) I would be :hyper: :yippie: :dance:

I was the only one in my section (I was seated TO 1, though that's a misnomer since I didn't sit down the whole time ;)) who knew Fast Cars too - so I was dancing my ass off and singing and got a few strange looks :lol:

I got to hear Bad TO2, which made me a very very happy woman too :)

(I'm not still bitter about missing Discotheque because of my cousin's wedding, not at all :angry:)

:sexywink:

It was cool being the source & occasionally getting a call from said source to listen to a select song or something :D

How about the time when Axver thought I posted a song before it was even played, which of course was untrue because even though we knew what songs were coming up, I don't have ESP. :happy:

BoMac is in Thora's neck of the woods, but she's in Hawaii. Or is she :hmm: :wink:

I totally don't remember the Axver thing!! :lol: Although I can see it. He...was a special kind of setlist participant at times, wasn't he? :shifty:

Ruff called me for a few songs, during the early part of the first leg, which was awesome. Then she got her phone bill and it was hundreds of dollars to call Canada between LD and roaming charges. Oops! :reject:

I totally don't remember the Axver thing!! :lol: Although I can see it. He...was a special kind of setlist participant at times, wasn't he? :shifty:

Ruff called me for a few songs, during the early part of the first leg, which was awesome. Then she got her phone bill and it was hundreds of dollars to call Canada between LD and roaming charges. Oops! :reject:

I met Ruffian on the road! Jersey, gave her a GA ticket actually.

Axver was a polarizing figure in those threads, but, for me, his presence was mostly positive.

:lol:

What was funny VP, was that I was listening to the show via an internet connection :shifty: and I heard the song & posted it. Axver got all bent out of shape. I think I got a call from Rosa from the Boston show in May, either on my birthday or very near it. That's the one where they got Bad at the end, and Boston was VERY loud there :heart:

random: I met ruffian in Hawaii

I met Ruffian on the road! Jersey, gave her a GA ticket actually.

Axver was a polarizing figure in those threads, but, for me, his presence was mostly positive.

Yeah, I remember her telling me that, she was extremely grateful. :)

I guess maybe I'm condensing asshatish behaviour during the whole tour....I dunno. If I'm being fair, there was a decent amount of geekiness and enthusiasm, too.

:lol:

What was funny VP, was that I was listening to the show via an internet connection :shifty: and I heard the song & posted it. Axver got all bent out of shape. I think I got a call from Rosa from the Boston show in May, either on my birthday or very near it. That's the one where they got Bad at the end, and Boston was VERY loud there :heart:

random: I met ruffian in Hawaii

Omg. :lol:

I had such a great time with my PGP girls during the tour. :heart: Ruff, Wild, Jem, Drea, SG, Bri, GG, and others who popped up for a show here and there...

Oh, and Sarah! (who I removed from school for like three weeks during the 3rd leg. Yes, I'm such a conscientious mother)

Mia!! Happy holidays! :)

Khan, was Tampa closest to you? The lack of Memphis sucks, esp given the whole worship of it in R&H. Bizarre.
sorry i'm a bit late replying, but it wasn't the closest. i don't remember where all they went but off the top of my head i know atlanta would've been closer. st. louis might've been the closest. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i was friends with someone who lived there at the time (they've since moved, but i digress) and they had an extra concert ticket, and i wasn't about to pass up a free concert, especially of U2.

and it is odd, since as you said they were all about memphis in the late 80s. they came here during popmart and i got to see them then, but i was surprised when they didn't come here for elevation or vertigo. i could've seen them during elevation in atlanta actually, if i could've missed another week of school and had the money to stick around that long. :grumpy: (i went there for spring break 2001 and U2 came there the week after i left.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom