The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

I just read the review on ign real quick. It's the same guys that did Knights of the Old Republic - that game was awesome. Sounds like the same sort of gig. You can good or bad, and your decisions Affect the game play, right? Those friggin RPGs have taken up literally days of my life. I'd say KOTOR was over 20+ hours. Easy. Maybe even 40. And Morrowind, jesus. DAYS I tell you. Do you get crazy dope powers in Mass Effect? Like lightening and shit?

I'm less than one hour in, but so far, so good....and, yes, your responses shape the game play. The combat system is not the greatest, but it's a true RPG. Love it.

UberBeaver said:
No, really? I didn't know that. I wonder if the UK version is better.

I think the differences are very slight, I think they just substitute US references for UK references on occasion. I don't know if it would be different enough to bother downloading and rewatching.

Eg - in the Emmy clip they aired, they said "how would you like to shoot a movie with Halle Barry." In the UK one, the actor's name they used was Billie Piper. Differences like that.

VintagePunk said:

Eg - in the Emmy clip they aired, they said "how would you like to shoot a movie with Halle Barry." In the UK one, the actor's name they used was Billie Piper. Differences like that.

Oh, ok. I just saw that one actually. The old man blowing coke in the stall was awesome. I had to watch it again because I couldn't believe that's what he was doing.

My thanks to all those who have sent me emails this past year........

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat crap in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.

Also, I now have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown); who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the £15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

Or from the senior bank clerk in Nigeria who wants to split £7 million with me for pretending to be a long lost relative of a customer who died intestate.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca-Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy petrol without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my bum.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't even pick up the £5.00 I found dropped in the car park because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhoea will land on your head at 5:00pm this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump.

I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.

By the way....a South American scientist after a lengthy study has discovered that people with low IQ who have infrequent sexual activity always read their forum threads with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

UberBeaver said:

Oh, ok. I just saw that one actually. The old man blowing coke in the stall was awesome. I had to watch it again because I couldn't believe that's what he was doing.

I know!!

Gervais and his awesome shows that end too soon. :sigh:

I'm gonna send that to a few people, Snow. :up:

UberBeaver said:
I like that he ends them. I think they become more watchable in the future if they're short. And the quality remains high. I'm all about going out on top.

Deadwood
BBC Office
Extras
The Wire
Six Feet Under

All rare examples of art winning out over commerce.

Better to end early and well, than late and tainted.

Yep. Cause you can drag them out and then next thing you know, you have Jim and Pam spending a night in Dwight's B&B with the monkey boy in an outhouse. :sigh:

I'm glad that Lost and BSG are ending too. They're both still pretty good, though probably over their peak. Though Razor was pretty badass - very dark.

And add AD and Firefly to your list, too.

ETA - I recently tried to watch Field of Dreams for the first time since it came out, and I couldn't make it through. It's awful. And the wife is the worst.

UberBeaver said:
I like that he ends them. I think they become more watchable in the future if they're short. And the quality remains high. I'm all about going out on top.

Yeah, I know, that's probably why they're so great. I just can't get over the North American mentality of beating a dead horse, I guess.

UberBeaver said:
Yep. Cause you can drag them out and then next thing you know, you have Jim and Pam spending a night in Dwight's B&B with the monkey boy in an outhouse. :sigh:

I'm glad that Lost and BSG are ending too. They're both still pretty good, though probably over their peak. Though Razor was pretty badass - very dark.

And add AD and Firefly to your list, too.

But did 4400 end prematurely? Huh? HUH??? It's the most politically insightful show on tv after all, I think it could have gone a few more seasons.

Dalton said:

Your dad wouldn't play catch with you, would he?

Actually, I was hoping to get some sentimentality out of the movie, but I counldn't get past JEJ spraying Costner with the DDT or whatever that was. I was like, "Wow, this is awful." I remember that last scene very vividly, and it's a great scene, but the preceeding 119 minutes (or whatever) are unbearable.

VintagePunk said:

But did 4400 end prematurely? Huh? HUH??? It's the most politically insightful show on tv after all, I think it could have gone a few more seasons.

I actually did watch 4400 on a fairly regular basis. But I would never describe it as "real good." I liked it, but I'm fine it's gone. I'd like some resolution, I guess, but whatever. And I never got any insights (political or otherwise) from that show.

I don't even know wtf 4400 is about, I tend not to like science-fictiony type shows. I watched ST:TNG, because back in the day, my ex watched it 24/7, and so I kinda got to like it.

Sarah recently got into Dr. Who and Torchwood. I think she's watched all the eps. She made me watch a few Dr. Who eps last weekend, and they were okay. We'll probably watch more over the holidays.

lynnok said:
What kind of sick, twisted mind, what manner of chinless wonder wouldn't love

this christmas song?

Well, me, for starters.

VP, 6 Feet Under did end on time, agreed. I just like when shows do not overstay their welcome strictly because Networks want to use them as a cash cow. When a guy like Gervais can call his own shots, you end up with a finite arc, and it translates into quality.

lynnok said:
What kind of sick, twisted mind, what manner of chinless wonder wouldn't love

this christmas song?

If the temple bar were a sports team, I would say that Lynook, pfan, LemonMac and LemonMelon are the rookie phenoms. They need to step up to the plate more in 2k8, increase posting productivity while maintaining their high level of quality. The future of this place is resting with you guys. I see great things coming from you all. :hi5:

I just asked her to download Breakfast at Tiffanys. I've had an inexplicable urge to watch that for the past few days. I only first saw it about a year ago, I'm ashamed to admit.

She just informed me that at her uni's poster and dvd sales, there's a ton of Audrey Hepburn crap for sale these days. She must be like a new retro cultural icon, or something.

Back
Top Bottom