The Temple Bar: The Return of Tre and the Lemon UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It rained all day :grumpy: I got some stuff at Ikea but now I'm home and have a headache. :yawn:

I have texts but I haven't checked them yet because I am too tired and need to be totally alone for the rest of my weekend.

Sorry about the headache. :(

Yes, Baseball Tour 2007 is complete. Phillies 2-3 on the trip. I want to kick Charlie Manuel's ass back to wherever in the south he's from.

Overall, though, it was a good time. I love Phillies fans, Pittsburgh is an underrated city, and the fireworks in Pittsburgh can never be topped by anyone.

I did have fun heckling Pat Burrell. I also almost caught his home run to left Saturday in Pittsburgh. If there's video of the homer I'm in a red Utley shirt.

ETA: http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.co...tent_id=2156689&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

It's not very clear, but you can see a guy in a red shirt to the left of the landing ball move quickly towards it after it lands. That's me.

And I snagged a Jimmy Rollins BP homer Friday night among a sell-out crowd.

And I told Brett Myers he had a better chin beard than Rick White.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?s...74.phillies_nationals_baseball_rfk107&prov=ap

mptCwglN.jpg

You be the judge.

Last edited:
RFK in Washington and PNC Park in Pittsburgh. I saw two games of each series with the Phillies. I was supposed to see the one today but we couldn't wait for the 1:10 rain delay, so we left.

Hmm... I think I've been to...

Citizens Bank Park
Veteran's Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
RFK Stadium
Wrigley Field
Jacobs Field
PNC Park

I think that's all of them. Of course, the Vet is defunct, so it's actually the ballparks of seven different teams.

Yankee
Shea
Astrodome (No longer in use for Baseball)
Camden
PNC
Dodger
Angels Stadium
AT&T Field or whatever they call the Giants stadium now
Network Associates Coliseum
Jack Murphy Stadium (No longer in use for baseball)
Whatever they call where the D-Backs play now
Coors Field
Safeco Field
Wrigley
US Cellular Field
Miller Park
Jacobs Field
Old Busch Stadium (no longer in use for baseball)
Fenway

No spoken words said:
Yankee
Shea
Astrodome (No longer in use for Baseball)
Camden
PNC
Dodger
Angels Stadium
AT&T Field or whatever they call the Giants stadium now
Network Associates Coliseum
Jack Murphy Stadium (No longer in use for baseball)
Whatever they call where the D-Backs play now
Coors Field
Safeco Field
Wrigley
US Cellular Field
Miller Park
Jacobs Field
Old Busch Stadium (no longer in use for baseball)
Fenway

You're coming to CBP at some point. It's a crime you haven't been there.

I need to go there, new Busch and Great American Ballpark, as I live not too far from all of those. Could see the Nats play, too, knock that off the list.

The best place to watch the game in CBP is in the outfield near the bullpen, be it the seats nearby or from Ashburn Alley. The fans are the best there.

Ballparks I've been in:

Exhibition Stadium (torn down years ago, Jays' original ballpark)
Skydome (current Jays' ballpark)
Tiger Stadium
Metrodome

I've been outside Wrigley Field, but not in it - I have a pic of me under the sign, the night Sosa hit 60 HRs for the second time.

You've missed out if you never got to Tiger Stadium before it closed - you walked into that ballpark and you could feel the history :heart: Take away the ads and electronics and you'd almost expect to see Ty Cobb or Babe Ruth or maybe Dimaggio come walking out to take the field...

One of these days I want to see a day game at Wrigley, hit Yankee Stadium (how dangerous would it be to be cheering *against* the Yanks there? :wink: ), just hit all the older ballparks in general before they're gone.

I'd have liked to have seen Tiger Stadium, but, I never have.

Yankee Stadium is done after next season, so, you'd better hustle!!

Wrigley is safe for now, and so is Fenway.

You're kidding - they're getting rid of Yankee Stadium?? *makes mental note to go next summer*

I got to see *thinks* 4 games? 5? at Tiger Stadium. Even though it was only an hour from my hometown, I've seen more games in TO since I was a kid (no border worries with Jays games :wink: )

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I hate waiting for the cable guy. [/rant]

I hate to say this, but I could be working right now. Or you know, at least at work.

morning! :wave:

yeah, waiting for the cable can make you restless. you can't even leave your place just for a few minutes!! it is annoying b/c they usually show up MUCH later than you were told.

unico said:

morning! :wave:

yeah, waiting for the cable can make you restless. you can't even leave your place just for a few minutes!! it is annoying b/c they usually show up MUCH later than you were told.

Hey Mia :wave:

Yeah I was told 8-10 and had to hurry to get ready because I woke up at 7:50 :tsk: Then I ate breakfast real fast and now I'm expecting the buzzer to ring at any moment.

And last night's FotC isn't even online yet. :grumpy:

How did your weekend go? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom